EMC Staff Application [Updated May 29th, 2013]

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 8, 2012.

1. I'm not sure if you paid attention to the Original Post, but this is not the place to submit an application.

Please apply here:
    You also do not need to be staff to help other players.
  2. As well as what nick said, you're not meant to get staff for another res. And if you were diamond, you wouldn't get a new res anyway...
    Damiensmom11 likes this.
  3. First be sure to read the proper way to apply for staff and the rules concerning your application.

Second if you want another res so bad become a diamond supporter and you'll get two.

Third you don't need to be staff to help people.
    Damiensmom11 and penfoldex like this.
  4. Done-a-roonie :)
  5. I am at applause to Empire Minecraft and wish everybody the best of luck in becoming staff.

Live on everyone and have a wonderful night or day.
  6. and applying..... now
  7. Well.... urm... dat bump
    L1M1TLESS97 likes this.
  8. You are not supposed to mention that :p. No big deal. I probably once did the same.
    I think it is okay to bump it since it is an ongoing thread. As long as it is still relevant (which it is since EMC is still accepting applications) it is okay to bump.
    TigerstarMC, Pab10S and mba2012 like this.
  9. Ahhh, seeing this thread brings back good old memories. I want to leave a message to the people applying.

Back a few months ago I was obsessed with the position. I would pray for it every night, constantly try to make myself look good and other things. Basically, back then I was a mental nut job. I learned a lot, and for all the players with big dreams out there I just want to give you some of my wisdom from being on the server for a while.

These are some every important points that i think you should listen to
    1. Read the rules and make your application serious. If you really want to be a good candidate don't post on the thread that you sent your application in and be serious about the application. They definitely will not pick someone if they "didn't see" the rules that were repeated over a dozen times
    2. Make sure you are applying for mod for the right reasons. I have been an active member on the forums and in game for a while and I always notice one thing, players see mods as kind of the celebrities of the server. They are always jealous of the green name or publicity or whatever is. If you are a truly good candidate you get the job done and do it well, not focus on being famous or showing off
    3. be yourself. The first 1 or 2 times I have applied I definitely "fluffed up" my application. What that means is I put a lot of crap in there which is supposed to make me look good but makes me come off as kind of a dip. Be honest and act as if the form was a normal person and if you were being interviewed for a job.
    4. respect the admins and their choices. If you are not mod and someone else is picked, do not be angry it wasn't you who got picked. The people selected are only the finest our community has to offer and they know what they are doing
    5. don't obsess over it. I would pray every night that I would get mod and send in a application every few days. You really don't want to talk about wanting mod much in-game or on the forums since it will make you seem like you desperately want the position (which is not a good thing).
    6. Don't have too high of hopes. There is a very small chance you will get mod and if you don't there is no reason to get upset. Mod is simply just a title. All you get is a few commands and the ability to text spam aikar about server issues (I'm looking at you bitemenow15) and maybe become friends with the staff team. Remember you don't have to be on the green team to be close with that group. Players like Origamijoe, tehspiders, and erosego are not mods but are all great friends with the admins, seniors and mods.
    7. You can do as much in the community without mod as you can with mod. I currently help a lot in the community. I help the new players with commands and constantly donate to projects. Mods still have the ability to do so but most of the work they do it behind the scene looking at the logs and breaking out the ban hammer.
    8. Remember the requirements. Being a mod is practically a full time job. Also, you have to keep your cool 100% of the time. I tend to keep it 99.999% of the time which is 0.001% too little. It is a high stress job.
    9. Have fun in the process. Just think of the process as "Eh. Seems like fun to try out for. Why not". Don't go nuts over it like i did.
    I gave up on mod personally a while ago mainly because the empire deserves better than me and I did the exact opposite of what I said above. First, I love the taste of power. I have a pure passion for control which makes me "a control freak". Second, I took this too seriously. I wanted mod a while ago because I love the empire and want to help it but it mainly was because I wanted the glory with it. I tried too hard to make myself good and I needed to just chill out. 2014 will be an amazing year for empire with a bunch of new features and a ton of new players there will be new mods. Best of luck to everyone who wants or has sent in an application and if you are right, the imperial bovines will choose you. If they don't, remember it is because they have their reasons and we already have a wonderful staff team. The position heavily takes away from plain MC time and it has it's hardships too.

EDIT: Random Conversations About Mod I Have Encountered

• Player: Do you have to be an adult to be mod
    • Answer: The server does advertise for having "friendly adult staff" but since jack is 16, no
    • Player: I am "insert age here less than 16 and I think I am really mature. Do I have a good chance"
    • Answer: while jackbiggin is 16 all the other staff are adults. Even if you act mature being 15 or 14 is very different from 16. At age 16 you can drive a car, have a job and have more freedom when it comes to the real world, which allows more moderation duty.
    • Player: I want to be a mod so bad
    • Me: Why?
    • Player: Because you get to be awesome and have access to stage and things like ./vanish
    • Me: Well, being green doesn't make you awesome, the people who are staff now are the same people who were amazing back when they were normal players. Also, stage is nothing special. It is just a copy of SMP9 that is incredibly griefed. Finally, why would you want vanish? It could only be used for moderating duties. Same with teleporting
  10. What?
    Olaf_C and TigerstarMC like this.
  11. Oh just happy to see a new staff application reset and testing out my banner :D
  12. And what kind of a banner!
  13. It hasn't been reset since May :confused:
  14. How can I will out a mod application.
  15. Click the link in the first post ;)
    Olaf_C and 607 like this.