EMC Remembrance...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BrickStrike, Aug 19, 2013.

1. They could always refurbish the graveyard, to make a giant hall of memories. (I might do this myself if and when I get enough materials...)
  2. I pulled down my wool art not long after the competition, and my Utopia castle got reclaimed because derelict I guess. I just bounced from mmo to mmo, played on SP for a bit. I'll try not to vanish like I did last time.
    mba2012 and IcecreamCow like this.
  3. I miss Fynriel and Dark_Liz.

Fynriel: I helped with his massive shop, and when I caught him on, he remembered me and everything I did, and gave me the rest of his rupees. He said he would probably never be back.

Dark_Liz: Although I just learned this was a 'he' I remember being scolded for spamming in the chat. I proceeded to try and bribe him. He said no, but to check out his build. So I gave him obsidian.
  4. beheemark and laurajore
  5. My first ever friend I made on EMC was when I lived on SMP7. His name was Khalietal. He had a res across from his dad Bewasago. They were some of the few adult aged players on the server. They had massive farms and stuff. I got so many saplings from his tree farms that I have hardly ever had to buy saplings, I spent lots of time hanging out with and talking to him, helping fill BeLugh's wool room. But sadly he left and I never found out why. I wondered if maybe it was because I found his res and his dad's griefed with lava, some snotty little girl made a comment that it was sad his dad plays minecraft and some other kid who liked to troll insulted him in chat one night. They moved on to other things. :(.
    jacob5089 and mba2012 like this.
  6. Some of my good friends from when I started on EMC are Lifecanvas and Zauth. Lifecanvas was my best friend at the time, but was only around for 5 days then never played again. I don't know what happened to Zauth.
    Not hating on Copherfield, but he was "He Who Shall Not be Named".
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  7. COOLBG911 my first and only friend on smp9 ;=; When he left I moved to smp7 because smp9 was getting a bit ......boring
    THE_LEGEND4 likes this.
  8. I miss Masterwaffle.
    Last time I herd of her, she had left.
  9. Well, your a hypocrite. You said his name in the same sentence as saying he was "He Who Shall Not be Named"
    :p whatever, at least you didn't bring up what he did.
  10. How am I supposed to say who he is without sayign his name?
    brickstrike likes this.
  11. Exactly my point.
  12. Wait wait wait wait wait, Dark_Liz, was a GUY?!?
    jkjkjk182 and brickstrike like this.
  13. Shocking. This is what Gordon freeman has done.
  14. does it really matter?
  15. Nope, I just always thought he was a girl, so its weird knowing I was always calling a guy a girl.
    mba2012 likes this.
  16. Me too :) Dark_Liz used to say they were gender indeterminate I think.
    ISMOOCH and mba2012 like this.
  17. He did say that, but in a recent post, ICC said they had to badger him to get him to be mod.

EDIT: Here Just a Pro-Tip. You'll find tons of posts where Jack actually mentions he doesn't want to be a moderator. Oddly enough that's the best kind of person to become one in most cases, those who help but do not want it. Dark_Liz, was seen as probably one of the legend moderators to pass through EMC and is one of the reasons our foundation is set so great to this date, and we had to twist his arm to become one.

Same idea with Jack, except, instead of twisting his arm, we had to hold his hamster over a pool of lava and threaten to drop it if he didn't come on board.
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  18. lol I'd make a great moderator then.
  19. I remember him too. Very nice guy. The last time I chatted with him he said he was logging off to pay attention to his wife and I never heard from him again.

I've met a lot of people and they all seem to move on eventually. I have a few special friends that I've tried to stay in contact with outside of EMC. I don't think there are too many I don't miss.

Regarding adults playing Minecraft: It was created by an adult and therefore first played by one so kids like the one you refer to are the newcomers. In fact adults have played games with computers since there were computers. The number of adults who don't use computers shrinks every day and games are almost an integral part of using one.

Some people are so closed-minded and their life experiences are so narrow that they can't envision a world where not everyone is like them or someone they know. If I felt I had to live my life exactly like my parents... Well, I'm just not going to. Doesn't matter to me what anyone else thinks of how I spend my free time.
    LadBlo, jacob5089, MoeMacZap and 3 others like this.
  20. I miss Ooverload. He was my neighbor on SMP1 and was a really cool guy. Prior to getting banned JlisJlis666 was fun to hang out with. Most of all, out of everyone I've seen come and go, I miss my brother, Madcrafter200. He's "bored" by Minecraft now. It's a challenge to get him to play anymore. He'd rather play something on Xbox Live with his friends. And now that his laptop met with an unfortunate accident, it's unlikely he'll be back on in a long time. :(