[EMC Profile Status] - What was Your Profiles First Ever Status on EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Silken_thread, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Quirky they may be at time's but I was wondering what was your first ever profile status here on EMC

Post your first ever profile status and date....

Mine was: - You can check me out on YouTube @ TheWebtuts
    Posted: - Mar 3, 2012

I still have my channel although I removed the videos a long time ago, some minecraft mod installation videos mainly html and css web page design content.
  2. Interesting thread...

Here is mine:

"The best shop you well find on 1145 I have all if you can farming"
    Posted May 30 2013, almost a year after I first joined the forums in august of 2012.

I think this requieres some context. You see: this is basiocally google translated from Dutch, the only differenc being I was too proud to use google translate, so I also made some spelling mistkes too. I posted this at the time I started learning English, before this I played EMC without knowing any other langue than Dutch.

I was trying to say: "The best shop you will [be going to be able to] find [is located at] 1145,"/ Which I tried to shorten to "The best shop you will find is on 1145", which, derectly translated to Dutch, would be a sentence oftenly used in advertising. After that, I was trying to write: "I sell everything you can farm" Which would in Dutch be: "Ik heb alles wat je kunt verbouwen" Which google-translates to: "I have all if you can farming", because even neighbouring langues like Dutch and Englisch are quite different.

Lastly, you would probably wonder why I was advertising my shop and, well, I don't really know, but I was living of my fram shop at the time: I had a residence filled above groud with all sorts of manual farms and had two shops, one on the top of a large tower in the center of my residence, and one underground.
    I sold everything for incredebly low prices because, as I reasoned:
    "If there are more people who buy my materials, I make more profit, and I can make more peobly buying by loweing prices, therefore the lowest price gives the most profit." :rolleyes:
    Well, it was a bit more complicated than that: I also thought that, if someone would undercut me, no one would buy from my shop anymore, as they could get it cheaper somewhere else, so my shop should be cheaper than anyone else's. No, you don't have to explain to me why that isn't the case, I know by now... :p
  3. My first status: Working July 31 - August 21 for over 12hrs per day. Please message me on here. After this time period, I will be as active as ever =D

Aug 1, 2012

That brings back some crazy memories working in apartment leasing towards the end of college. It was sun-up to sun-down.
  4. "No, I am not 49... I am having this changed to my real age."
    I believe that's a leftover from when I was younger and paranoid about ANY information about myself being online :)
  5. February 28, 2013 (I joined January 5th):

followed by

I did actually welcome every single forum member for a week or two, but as I only got replies on less than 1/20th of the pages, I gave up. :p It was also time-consuming, as you need to wait 30 seconds after each post before posting another one.
    liamwill, MoreMoople, khixan and 2 others like this.
  6. It's been so long since EMC allowed to show your age! (of course you can still share your age, you just can't let it be shown automatically)
    Silken_thread and jacob5089 like this.
  7. Well this is embarassing
  8. Plain and simple for me was Hi guys! :D
  9. Including the :D. ;) (because that is not obvious!)
    Silken_thread likes this.
  10. Halloween 2014 -
    Completely new to multiplayer server. Here goes nothing! :)

EMC was the first Minecraft server I'd ever tried. An acquaintance recommended it to me. All hail good recs! :D
    Kephras, 607, MoreMoople and 3 others like this.
  11. My first status was "Just having fun on EMC!!!" From August 16th, 2015. Years later, that remains a true statement. :)

I really didn't start using the forums until 2017, though. I thought they were scary for a few years ;)
    khixan, 607 and Silken_thread like this.
  12. First status:

Awesome! I got two friends on here and hope to get more. Only if Mincraft will let me :mad:
    Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't post a new forum update again till I returned back in 2015
  13. context: my username at the time was "K9J"
  14. "I knew there was a reason I put booze in my glass tonight..." - Apr 6, 2014
    A relic from when all the chaos with Aikar and ICC was going on, I think. Ancient history in EMC by now.
    Technically not my first ever status, as I felt for some reason that I should go back and erase everything prior to that.
    khixan, jacob5089, 607 and 2 others like this.
  15. "Well I suppose I'll post something here..."

October 15, 2012

So edgy
    khixan, Kephras, jacob5089 and 3 others like this.
  16. At times they have been :D
  17. I do miss the ICC death events that he used to host
  18. "I've been sick since Tuesday, I feel terrible"
  19. “My minecraft auto-updates itself. So now I have 1.9 already and can't play EMC until the bug fixes are finished ☹️.”

This was back when EMC was struggling with the Minecraft 1.9 update. I had already updated to 1.9 and thus, could not play on EMC until it had caught up with the latest Minecraft update. People immediately responded by giving me instructions on how to reselect version 1.8 to play on EMC again. I still remember when EMC finally updated to 1.9 when I tried to log on and and the game said that I couldn’t connect to the server with the primitive 1.8 version. That was when shields and Elytras were introduced to Minecraft.
  20. Do you know that that used to be an actual problem? The launcher that let you switch between versions was introduced slightly before the release of Minecraft 1.6, so it's much younger than EMC.