EMC Censorship

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MeadMaker, May 4, 2015.

1. Personally, I don't think the "atrocities" in Rwanda are that bad. I mean, spend a day in the Nazi concentration camps..."

Ok, the above was a tongue-in-cheek extreme example to show how ludicrous this type of thinking is. Just because the behaviour of people somewhere else is worse does not make the behaviour of the persons under scrutiny any less egregious. And no, I'm not comparing EMC staff with genocidal maniacs, it was just an illustration of ludocracy.
  2. Good to know it's nothing new I guess. If I had any hopes that things would ever change, it is dwindling faster and faster. Having power doesn't mean using your power to get your way all the time. It seems like all of our cash donations are being taken completely for granted. The players pay the bills here. We can all get out of hand, myself included, but players still deserve straight answers.
    Deadmaster98, BailiB and SoulPunisher like this.
  3. You're not donating. You're purchasing an upgrade to your account.
    607 and SoulPunisher like this.
  4. Not really, after you get the four res the "upgrades" aren't really worth the initial investment. From being supporter I get a few rupees I don't really need and get to use t chat when not in town. Yes there are other "perks" but none that are used often enough to consider it an "upgrade to my account" over a "donation" which is what the intent of my purchasing diamond supporter is, to support as a donation. t chat on all the time honestly keeps me from getting a lot done lol. Once you have a few months invested, getting an iron voucher is really as easy as logging in so "supporter" is really exactly what it says.

Tl:dr its a donation dude
    BailiB, ShelLuser and georgeashington like this.
  5. The whole "off topic" thing really is enforced more often when staff get emotional than as a general rule of thumb though. You can whine about that not being the case all you want but that is the way it is. I have rarely seen any thread that as the pages go on, doesn't get further and further from the OP, which MOST of the time I see no problem with anyways. If someone starts a thread asking how to get to /shop (yes it is humor, move along) and talking about the alien invasion that is going to happen next year is ten pages long and the question has not been addressed and the aliens aren't using /shop because obviously they would /v +budha instead, yeah, say something.
    BailiB, ShelLuser and SoulPunisher like this.
  6. Read: http://empireminecraft.com/upgrade - it throughout says payments and purchasing. Do CTRL + F, and search for donate. Nothing will come up.
    SoulPunisher and SkareCboi like this.
  7. I'm uninterested with technicalities. The purpose of donating is to donate. I really receive no notice-able "upgrade" for having diamond supporter. My intent on spending my money is irrelevant to how the website is worded.
    BailiB, ShelLuser and fishmeal like this.
  8. I guess I always had this crazy idea that some of that money might go to something besides a savings account (i.e. improving the server). That was my mistake. I should have looked into it more.
  9. Do you donate to a shop? No. You purchase. This is exactly what you're doing when purchase a rank on EMC.

While I may be technical; I do agree. When I use to donate, I donated for the perks but to help the server improve. I have stopped donating for multiple reasons.
    goreman2000 and SoulPunisher like this.
  10. You cannot purchase that which is free. it is a donation. You can talk in circles all you want.
  11. The link, subject headings, content, and layout have all changed several times just since my joining. Even now it says "supporter," which implies something more than a purchase. I don't know that the wording matters much, but if it does all the wording kind of lands in a gray area anyway.
  12. It isn't free though. You're sending a payment of X amount and purchasing the rank. I really don't even care for your ignorance //unwatched
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  13. Cognitive dissonance, meet name calling. Who would have saw that coming?
  14. Ignorance means lack of knowledge. Hardly name calling at the slightest.
    goreman2000 likes this.
  15. .. can is just put this in here :)

Why should you support the Empire?

So you want to help the Empire a little bit more than voting and referring? The cost to provide Empire Minecraft's services are pretty high, with us running the following hardware:

• 1 Database Server ($189/mo) E5-1620 v3 CPU with 64GB of RAM, 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD
      Hosts our Databases, Utopia & Staging MC Servers, plus other development tools

• 3x Game Servers ($672/mo) E5-1650 v3 CPU with 64GB of RAM, 600GB SSD + 500GB HDD
      Hosts 3 SMP game servers each (SMP 1-3, 4-6, 7-9) as well as 1 Proxy each (BungeeCord)

• 1x Web Server ($129/mo) E3-1230 CPU with 8GB of RAM, 2x500GB HDD in RAID 1
      Hosts all of our web services, as well as a gateway into the EMC network for additional services hosted on the private network.
    We also may spin up other servers on demand (with plans to here shortly) to improve redundancy (ensuring EMC is always online!). Then we also pay many other important business expenses such as Accountant, Advertising, Research & Development and more
  16. From personal experience with Xenforo, I think its possible for people of a much higher rank than moderator (I'd imagine people like Aikar and Krysyy) can make a comment disappear.
    southpark347 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  17. Well, that went off-topic quickly :p
    ShelLuser and Gawadrolt like this.
  18. Could it be the one with the broken url? :p

(I bet it is).
  19. it was implied =P since no one can view it