E3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AusQB, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Ah, you're one of "those".
    jkjkjk182 and SignifiedSix like this.
  2. Yes I like the Wii, and It does its own games that fit. While ps3/360 do games are/would be better on pc.
  3. I never said I didn't like the Wii. I liked it's idea...but they were horrible at releasing, anything for it. I played the mandatory Zelda game but that's all there really was that was interesting to me.

The whole PC/Console debate can go either way. I have way more benefits to playing on my console than the PC, while you may not. I wouldn't say it's better one way or the other though. Depends on what you need.
    SignifiedSix and Tehwafflez like this.
  4. There are plenty of enjoyable games for the Wii. They might've not have gotten much attention, but doesn't mean the lack of.

I just don't see what a ps3/360 can do that my pc can't. Also my favorite genre has been proven to fail @ least 90% on consoles. Due to the lack of buttons. Consoles don't have enough buttons for me.
  5. Just to throw in my personal view, I've always like the 360 for a nice balance between great games, ease of use and connectivity. I didn't always have a decent PC, so it was nice to be able to play blockbuster titles without having to worry about graphics settings and performance. Moreover, some games are simply more suited to being played with a gamepad, such as third person action adventures like Assassin's Creed as well as racing and sports games.

Conversely, some games are more suited to being played on a PC, such as strategy and simulation. Especially after I got a good PC I was able to enjoy a wider range of games, most of which typically have a far superior graphical quality. That isn't to say that graphics is always the most important thing, but it's a nice enhancement if I have the means.

I don't own a Wii, but I have had loads of fun playing it with friends, which in my opinion is really the only true way to enjoy it.
  6. Good re-mappable gamepad = $10 - $15
  7. I kinda want a Wii U and Batman now...
    Tehwafflez likes this.
  8. Here are my reasons that I prefer a console:

1. It's much more comfortable playing games to sit in a chair and lounge back, or on the couch while gaming. PC, while I'm sure it's possible would be much harder to do this.
    2. Most of my friends don't have money to shell out on high quality PC. Also, I've never had an online chat party that worked for everyone that didn't suck or someone couldn't connect to without horrible feedback, etc.
    3. In part to the option above, when playing games online, when you have a 360, everyone you know has a 360 in the game you're playing. There are no advantages or disadvantages. On the PC, I've been screwed because my PC couldn't handle a game better than the person who killed me.
    If I didn't have a ton of friends online or prefered single player games only, I might save and shell out for a gaming rig PC ...but since I'm more of a social gamer, console is the way to go.

Edit: One thing I will add that I guess is a plus or minus for the PC. Sniping feels like cheating. It takes way more skill on consoles to be able to hit someone where you want it, but it is obtainable if you practice. My first time playing sniper on TF2 on the PC was like....headshot, headshot, headshot....
    SignifiedSix likes this.
  9. I was actually just looking at gamepads earlier. Here they're more like $50 - $60.

I need to start working again, there are so many things I want but can't financially justify buying them.
  10. I lay in bed while playing on pc, have never had any serious internet issues, and can outplay all my friends that have actual gaming rigs. I'm just that god-tier. Also the thing about fps games. Its not that it takes more skill, its just that you have less restrictive hardware. A mouse is much more precise. I'll admit I have a hard time playing fps games on ps3/360 because I'm used to the superior mouse/ keyboard. Though I still have managed to win some local fps tourneys on console in the past.
  11. I have one I got for $10 that I have never had any issues before with.
  12. I've played both and I think controller is much more superior. To each their own though of course. Sniping in my opinion should be hard in a FPS game. I wouldn't consider myself GREAT in FPS but I am good. Even I shouldn't be as good at sniper as I am on PC. Way to easy.
  13. Well I don't use snipers anyway so I will have to stay out of that one. I play fps games to see how many funny/odd ways I can kill people.
    Maxarias likes this.
  14. That's why games built around a keyboard and mouse, like Counter Strike and Unreal Tournament, became so incredibly fast-paced whereas console shooters like Halo and Gears of War are comparatively slow, even sluggish to PC vetereans.

It's fun to experience the different styles of gameplay, both are satisfying in their own way.
  15. That's certainly always fun. I have a ton of saved videos in my COD theater that I should really upload. I'm not generally a sniper ever myself, I just wanted to test it on the PC to compare one time.
  16. Usually when I compare situations with PC/Console I always use games that are on both to be fair in my opinion. I do remember though playin UT on the Dreamcast with my dial up connection, lol. Good times.
  17. Mind sharing the specific model?
  18. I get that, I was just kinda elaborating on the evolution of games based on different controls. In fact it was for that reason I didn't use the likes of Call of Duty or Battlefield as examples because they both began on PC and are now prevalent on both platforms.
  19. All I do is derp around, which is why I like keyboard/mouse for them. I'm the person who you don't want on your team if you are being serious. I kinda feel bad for Kilmannan though. This weekend we are going to be doing some Arma 2 co-op, fun part is we are doing custom missions neither of us have played/looked into before.