Dragon Egg Contest!!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ignoramoose, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Maybe 5-12k
  2. 5k probably a bit too low but it's really anyone's guess :)
  3. Is it alright if I submit the and SP map of a SMP project?
  4. What about using a naturally generated structure such as an end portal room?
  5. hey. why we not able use dragon eggs in this thing? it would make sense
  6. Making it! Hope I finish the structure on time!
  7. Definitely not that low. Personally, I estimate it's going to be a long time before anyone finds a dragon to fight.

On top of that, dragon eggs have the ability - shortly thereafter - to claim land in the wild. Protection for an area! My estimate is 250k at least starting off. Personally, for the amount land you can claim with one, I don't see it going anywhere below 60k for a long long time.

People are paying 25k for a beacon (myself included) and it's nothing more than a showpiece. A dragon egg is both a showpiece and an expansion to your wild protection range. I can tell you - other than this contest - I won't be selling any for less than 250k - I'd rather just have more land.
  8. SP maps are fine. Make sure your entry is clearly marked if there's multiple buildings on the map, and remember to remove anything identifying it to you.

You can build on top of whatever you'd like - so technically that could be underneath the building or however you want. You can build on a mountain or ocean or whatever. The structure itself must be under the limit of the blocks above. I'll allow an end portal to be in the structure but the blocks around it count.

Having items of interest nearby could definitely help anyone's entry - a good view, an end portal, etc - but the entry must meet those blocks listed (no using a nether fortress walls to have extra blocks). Make sense?

I've added a single dragon egg to the list.
    AlexChance, IamSaj and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  9. How much land can a dragon egg claim? 100 radius? 50 radius? not decided?
  10. It's pretty much decided, but it's a secret still - I believe.
    IamSaj likes this.
  11. Guess I'll give it a go. :)
  12. I know I will fail, but I guess I'll try it out.
  13. Lapis Block?
  14. I think someone might have asked this question but eh I just want to understand more clearly. We get to build anything we want? no specific structure? and also :( I have final exams during the days till the 18th so I probably won't get to it but w.e :( But I might do something so count me in :p
  15. Added. Good catch.

Yes. It's been answered in the Q&A as well as on the thread seperately. You can build whatever you'd like - there's no limits other than the maximum amount of materials you can use (listed above).

Make sure you read EVERYTHING on the first and second posts. There's very specific guidelines that result in an disqualification if they aren't followed.
  16. I'll try to make somthing cool... O_O
  17. Question Not ask yet :) : Do we need to use the default texture pack or can we mention with a sign which texture pack would make our build look best?
  18. How about we raise that obsidian Limit to 128 atleast :)
  19. Good question. I'll be using the default texture pack to judge this. Krysyy may use anything. If you want to recommend a texture pack, that would be fine, but it needs to be a common one - I'm not going to hunt around for texture packs.

It's 54 STACKS, so 3456 blocks.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.