Don't ever use "LoL" again!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hash98, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Understanandable, though nobody was taking the picture seriously in terms of religion, it's a troll picture nothing more :p
  2. lol <-- Drowning guy
    *lol*<-- Drowning cheerleader. :D
    Anyways, that's why I use lol. To show that I'm drowning. :p
  3. He did.. say.
  4. SWAG!
    mba2012 likes this.
  5. FISH

YOLO SWAG FISH!
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  6. YODO!
  7. ROFL
  8. BRB
    AlexChance likes this.
  9. LMFAO
  10. Secretly we are gay?
  11. Yoda > yolo.
  12. i'm offended

WWJD?
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  13. Rolf Copter!

TomvanWijnen likes this.
  14. Satanism's a religion too, you know. I know most other religions despise it due to its links with Satan, but to them Satan represents doing good for others that do good towards you and having enemies based on those who have wronged you, not far from the Christian Golden Rule. If you don't wanna fight over religion, the least you can do is respect the faiths of others, even if their faith represents the bad guy in your faith.

And as everyone has said, yes, some things have multiple meanings. I'm sure we'll be able to tell you aren't a Satanist from the context you use LoL in. This applies to symbols too. The swastika, for example, represents doing good in the Hindu faiths and has done so for centuries. It only became a taboo symbol associated with Nazis in the Second World War.

If I wanted to, I could use the following symbol 卐 in my signature, as a symbol of good luck and a well-wishing to my fellow Empire Minecraftians, and I wouldn't be banned, because context matters quite a lot.
    RainbowChin likes this.
  15. Good to see you, 72.
    AlexChance and PandasEatRamen like this.