(DISSCUSSION) North Korea

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, Mar 7, 2013.

1. A war will start if (necessary and sufficient) there is a party that
    1) thinks that it is capable to wage a war
    2) thinks that it can / will benefit from a war.

One can argue that simply occupying another country without encountering significant resistance is not a war, so the party in question would also need (at least one) opponent that thinks 1) and 2) as well.
  2. Foul language warning but I feel this fits for the humor:
    will_iamd and Squizzel_Boy like this.
  3. What does a dictator do when he feels so lonely?
  4. To add to that...
    HylianNinja likes this.
  5. North Korea is just a dog chained up to a tree, foaming out of the mouth, and China is the tree. I personally believe North Korea will never take any actions, their just going to keep sending threats. China is making money off of all of this, China is the juggernaut of the world.
    mba2012, IamSaj and vividOptimism like this.
  6. The government controls everything the North Koreans see and hear, that is why they want us dead.
  7. This. CASE CLOSED PEOPLE.
  8. wut
    IamSaj likes this.
  9. And we can't forget about this.

mba2012 and IamSaj like this.
  10. Jokes and extremely offensive content aside; North Korea just makes me extremely sad. I once saw a documentary about the condition "regular folks" live under in North Korea, and it was heartbreaking. I unfortunately don't remember the name of this documentary, but if you ever feel like learning about the sad and horrible realities of the world outside your own protected first-world existence, learning about living conditions in North Korea is a good place to start.
    mba2012 and redwing2000 like this.
  11. Yeah, If you have watched 60 minutes about the guy who escaped a prison camp alive, you will find it is terrible.
  12. erm false
    "The fighting ended on 27 July 1953, when the armistice agreement was signed."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. Way to skip the rest of that statement. :)

"The Demilitarized Zone runs northeast of the 38th parallel; to the south, it travels west. The old Korean capital city of Kaesong, site of the armistice negotiations, originally lay in the pre-war ROK, but now is in the DPRK. The United Nations Command, supported by the United States, the North Korean Korean People's Army, and the Chinese People's Volunteers, signed the Armistice Agreement on 27 July 1953 to end the fighting. The Armistice also called upon the governments of South Korea, North Korea, China and the United States to participate in continued peace talks. The war is considered to have ended at this point, even though there was no peace treaty.[22] North Korea nevertheless claims that it won the Korean War."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War
  14. ...... i was partial right :).... there was an armistice just not in the way i thought. in that statement North Korea did consider the war over;)