[Discussion] The Wastelands [1.5 Update]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Mhm the name "Barren Wasteland" or just "Barren Waste" would completely describe the wild in the future meaning its far destroyed. As for the nether being hard to reach the new chunks, it will create a new source of income for those daring to travel the distance to claim the new ores and items
    Jimbonothing64 and battmeghs like this.
  2. Since theres going to be a Wastelands Wild and a Wastelands Nether, will there be a Wastelands End meaning we are able to get ONE more Dragon Egg?
    MR2R2M likes this.
  3. Wilderness should stay as it is, No change

Wastelands should be the one that get's reset every update.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  4. I would not count on it because... The wild you can do /wild with the end you cant do /Wasteland End or even just /end... I think you would just go to the same place
  5. I say that they should be reset once a week
  6. The new areas will be fore resource harvesting, so i doubt a new End will be created.
    No, that would require way too much time and effort. It wouldnt be worth the outcome.

I honestly like the name "Frontier":p
  7. That's way too often and would cause too much downtime, once an MC update.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. I remember the old wasteland. It was awesome. #imold
  9. I understand but won't buildings spawn in the Wastelands? Thus spawning Fortress and along with that the portals?
  10. The Wild should be the Wild, and the Wasteland should be the Wasteland.
    penfoldex and jkjkjk182 like this.
  11. Id love if some other names were given, but maybe we can even drop the name wild?

One side
    Wastelands
    Overword - Nether

Other side

Frontier
    Overworld - Nether

Both share the same End
    southpark347 likes this.
  12. I guess so, but the portals will be disabled.
    *EDIT nvm then
    genius :)
  13. reading over the definition of Frontier... It really can fit well for the current wild:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier

"The word "frontier" also means a region at the edge of a settled area, especially in North American development. It is a transition zone where explorers, pioneers and settlers were arriving. That is, as pioneers moved into the "frontier zone", they were changed by the encounter."

Sounds like what we want the current wild to be :p

The area in between settlements (aka outposts) would be the frontier...
    battmeghs, L0tad and jkjkjk182 like this.
  14. The wastes. Barren lands. Chernobyl.
    Edit: Dead Zone.
  15. Random idea

If we are going to have a "normal nether" and a "wasteland nether", the point of having two worlds is to have one for Mining, and the other for outposts to form, right. Due to beds exploding in the nether, it is extremely difficult to start a nether outpost, so, would it be possible in the EMC coding to make beds not explode, and give you the ability to reset your spawn point in the nether?
  16. Actually, supporters can right click a bed and their spawn point be set without having to go to sleep, and I think the beds don't explode that way.
  17. I'm with you on this one, Aikar. While wild may technically be a synonym of wasteland, they have different connotations. Wasteland describes the area that never gets reset much better.
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  18. I would like to suggest "The Baronies" for the non-resetting areas (current Wilderness), in keeping with our Empire theme. This would go well with the Dragon Tomb update where individual land barons will be able to claim their own Barony. Although your "Frontier" idea has merit, as well.
  19. I remember a little of the Wastelands.
    Personally I believe we need to keep the names as is but just add the Wasteland as a once a week reset.
  20. One name off the top of my head to rename the wild...

"The Countryside"

Simple. Nice.

Otherwise. I support whatever the name is. I think not resetting the current wild will be a good thing for the great things that have been found and built already. The "wastelands" are going to be a great addition to EMC. Its the cherry on top.