[Discussion] Chat Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by chickeneer, Mar 16, 2020.

1. i mean its kinda like ligma, but sugma... not sure how to explain without saying it— maybe google it? :p
  2. Hence why I said pm.
  3. sent sugma to you
  4. There are so many conversations going on I don't know how anyone can keep up with any of it and also play MC.
  5. Maybe some people don't play. ;)
    TomvanWijnen and TuckerAmbr like this.
  6. Even then I would have a tough time keeping up.
    FadedMartian and TomvanWijnen like this.
  7. I noticed that as you type commands, some of the text changes color. Is it possible to change the color of the text that you type into the chat bar?

If so, changing the chatbar's text color to correspond with the channel you're writing to would cut down on the "ugh wrong channel" issue (white for community, purple for dms, green for market, something for residence, etc)
    HazardousCode and FadedMartian like this.
  8. That is not what that color is for. That is for command syntax feedback. We hope to improve that aspect eventually.
    I am not aware of a way to do what you are requesting - without client side mods.
    607 likes this.
  9. Two requests:

1. If someone is connected to stage, their chat in global appears as just "C". It's throwing me off that it doesn't have the same amount of characters. Can we make it "C-S"?

2. If a player is connected to a different smp, I can't tab complete their name. Is there a fix for that on the way?
    KatydidBuild and 607 like this.
  10. 1. Probably will make it C-?. As we also omit it for vanished staff...
    2. Tab-completions in general are a work in progress. Definitely a QoL improvement we will do eventually.
  11. Could /p PLAYERNAME be updated so that you can see what realm they're in regardless of what SMP you're on?

Currently, if there's a new player on SMP2 asking questions about where they are, I have to connect to SMP2 to/p them and be able to answer.
  12. :+1:
    HazardousCode likes this.
  13. Not sure what changed but the other day i could do @<username> now it tells me the username isn't valid.
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  14. Oops. Next update will fix that...
    ttyler333 and ShelLuser like this.