[DISCUSS] Go GoPro? If so, which one?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Feb 23, 2015.

1. I have a couple of fish eye lenses at the minute for my iPhone and they work great, but do you mean different types of lenses? I haven't seen any other ones around but I may have to take a further look :p
  2. Yeah I was saying like fisheye :p but I actually think they might have some magnifying ones which could easily improve your close up shots that you want to take :)
  3. The closeups I want will be for video and I'm not sure how the iPhone will handle that really :p
    flamingpotato42 likes this.
  4. If you are going for video both dslr's and gopros work great. However, dslr cameras like the canon rebel t5 that techogeek mentioned will have a higher quality and more settings that you could adjust. They could also do long exposures allowing you to take videos of the night sky and such whereas the gopro wouldn't (Actually the gopro 4 can) Gopros are nice because you can take videos underwater, mount it on a drone, small and portable, and cheaper in many aspects. However the fisheye effect on the gopro really doesn't look great imo and even when removing the effect in something like adobe after effects, you can still see some bending of the video.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  5. Is there a GoPro lens that could perhaps remove the fish eye effect and also give me some zoom capability? As I don't think any of the GoPros actually have zoom... Thanks for the info! :)
  6. No lens and no zoom
    edit: acutally yes lens... kinda
    FDNY21 likes this.
  7. I looked on google and it looks like you can get lenses for GoPros, some look like they may have a higher zoom, but some just look like protective lenses. Not sure if it will rid of the fish eye though
  8. 4 silver? 3+ silver? 3 silver?
  9. Just trust me. You want a DSLR. A GoPro will be way, way less than what you want. You have no ability to change settings. The pixel density is pretty low. Colors are not deep. I shoot video with my T5 all the time, and it is far better than my Gopro Hero 4 black. There is a reason why most amateur videographers will choose a DSLR.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  10. jkjkjk182 likes this.