[DISCUSS] Go GoPro? If so, which one?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Bump, need more ideas/want links to see how you guys have found the GoPro :)
  2. Well...personally I bought it right when it came out, like literally 5 minutes after it came out xD
    FDNY21 likes this.
  3. The reason for me buying the black was the bundle I got with my black had some extra equipment that made getting the black worth it and at the time the Silver's didn't have a waterproof case included (which I needed). Like if you have your GoPro mounted I have this wireless controller (included in bundle) that can record/end videos. It really helps when its -40C and you don't have to take off your gloves to start/end a recording or when the GoPro is mounted on the hood of a car.

I bought a GoPro Hero 3 Black awhile back for swimming, skiing, and hockey. So far it has reached all my expectations. Now it depends what you do with your GoPro. If your setting it up to the dash of a car your driving to take vids, that would be a good use. Also I've found my GoPro is very good at filming on cool angles that make great vids. If your putting it on the dash to take pictures I would recommend to get a different camera. If you just want something to take pictures of cars I would recommend a regular camera.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  4. Personally I use mine skiing as that is what I bought it for but this year I had surgery on my knee so I couldn't ski so before I had surgery I used it for various things that I did :p
    TechFilmer likes this.
  5. Sounds pretty cool :) I can continue to take pictures with my phone, but I was poking around at video cameras to see if there was one that was good for recording cars as they go by (from a standing position by a race track) and also for mounting on the inside/outside of cars, do you think the GoPro would be suited to these things? Any particular one you recommend or something else?

Still looking for images/videos that you guys have taken, share some links if you guys have anything! :)
    TechFilmer likes this.
  6. I would then recommend a GoPro. Now which model all depends on your price point. Maybe for a long term investment I might get the Hero 4 Black. The reason I say the Black would be a better long term investment is because since it can record in 4k a upgrade wont be needed for longer. But the Silver would also do just fine.

I will try and get some vids for ya if I can find them. I accidentally broke the SD card that had all my videos on it. So I will go and try and record some new ones.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  7. I think the Silver sounds pretty good right now, just need to get a better idea on how it will record so I know it's what I need, so those videos/photos would be great, thanks! :D
    flamingpotato42 and TechFilmer like this.
  8. if your looking for an action cam, the gopro HERO4 has 120fps and 4k recording for around $400
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. Well if you want to see some good footage with the hero 4 black/silver check out their youtube channel :) https://www.youtube.com/user/GoProCamera
  10. I'd prefer to see it from users here so I that I can see it from a more known angle rather than professionals who have been using them for years and have access to many editing programs and lots of equipment etc. :p
    flamingpotato42 likes this.
  11. Well me and my friends have made videos and they are on YouTube but nobody has seen my face so I don't think I'll give you a link :p but I'll work on finding a few pictures haha
    FDNY21 likes this.
  12. You could always pm him the vid. Fendy is a very trustworthy guy. But again its not me its you so I completely respect your privacy and your choice.
    FDNY21 and flamingpotato42 like this.
  13. True, I will think about it haha. Depends if he wants it bad or not :p
    FDNY21 likes this.
  14. Hey Just_So_Pro, just wondering if you've had any luck on these links as of yet? Thanks! :)
  15. Anyone else have opinions on the GoPro, if it is for me and which one would suit my needs? :)
  16. IT IS FOR YOU, if you would like I can consider giving you a link to some of my videos with my friends...PM me
    FDNY21 likes this.
  17. I'm off for tonight, but I'll check it tomorrow. I have messaged you just now! :D
  18. FDNY21 likes this.
  19. FDNY21 likes this.
  20. I am just giving him an option that is supposedly just as good as the lower end gopro. In all honesty, I think that gopros have become iPhones of the action camera world; a lifestyle purchase over a technical one.
    FDNY21 and flamingpotato42 like this.