detention stories

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShyguytheGamer1, Sep 19, 2017.

1. so recently i got 2 days detention. originally it was supposed to be in school suspension but i got lucky.

so i came up with this idea: let's have these internet strangers describe their brushes with detention.

things that are excused (get it? lol) are lates, and swearing.

so here is mine: i was doing a map activity in social studies. we had to make a fictional map with 8 symbols, and 4 of them we had to make on our own. so what i did, was make the entire map about hell and satan and stuff because the compass at the corner of the page looked like an octogram. so one example i did was a "gallow" (a form of hanging people) and i went up to the board voluntarily and showcased my one symbol. evidently the class was confused but the teacher was mortified. a referral was put in and chaos insued.
  2. I was having a debate with my teacher over a piece of homework. She was sitting at her desk and I was standing in front of the desk. I move my hands when I talk making gestures... Anyway the back of my hand bumped into her wax apple she had on her desk knocking it onto the ground. I was sent to detention for, according to her " for deliberately tossing items off her desk".
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  3. I had five detentions for not doing any work in textiles class back when I was around 11 - 12 years old.

Had an hour's detention in Spanish when I was 13 that I got out of by talking to my Spanish teacher about my dog for five minutes.

Got a detention off my other Spanish teacher when I was 14 for accidentally blasting music through my earphones, and when it was heard and I was accused that it was me by a classmate I shouted "I don't listen to music like that! I like metal and rock music, it can't be me!" (it was dubstep or something). My teacher asked to look at my phone, I let her - completely sure I was not guilty - she paused the song, and told me I had lied to her and listened to music in class. Never bothered to show up at that one and she never said anything about me missing it.

Had another detention when I was 15 that the teacher never bothered to show up to.

And the last detention I ever had was on my sixteenth birthday. It lasted for two hours. It was okay, as far as detentions go, and it was just because I hadn't handed in a single maths homework for like two months, but it sucked because it was on my birthday. Also had to walk home for forty minutes in the rain; got home at 6PM. The walk home was just me and my thoughts alone, and I wasn't really okay back then: girl I became completely infatuated with cut me out of her life (we're super duper okay now though), exam stress piled up on me, I was convinced I'd never see any of my friends again after I left high school, I didn't know where I'd be going for college - I just kinda went to thinking about that while all I had to walk with was the rain. Went home, missed all my birthday visitors, and nearly cried for the first time in... a very long time. Definitely the worst detention I've ever had. But hey, that walk home got me to put my act together and two weeks later I regained so much confidence in my ability to do exams, got that girl back ay lmao, and life got fun again. Thank you, birthday detention.
  4. Never been in detention.
  5. The engineering firm I work for sometimes designs detention basins for our clients. :)
  6. Oh boy, this thread should get interesting.

So, besides the multiple detentions I got for not doing homework (my teachers knew very well that I never did all of my homework, only some of it) that I could have cared less about, because they were stupid. One time I got in school suspension for cheating off of another student's homework.

TL;DR - This one was stupid too, and was just my teacher being stubborn. If you want to know though, the whole story is in the spoiler below:

So, one class I took in 7th grade was called "Applied Careers" or something like that. Basically, the whole semester students would cycle through different stations, each one with a focus on a different career. There was a plumbing one, carpentry, electrical, and soldering stuff to computer boards was another. Every time you went to a new station, you would have a new partner that you would work with on the assignments and stuff.

Well, during one of these cycles (I forget which career focus it was) I was gone for like, 2-3 days (I forget why). So when I came back, I had to make up those assignments. However, my partner happened to be absent on the day that I returned. So, I was working on the assignments on my own, when I came across a question that I was struggling with. The reading materials for it were unclear, and I wanted to make sure I was doing it right. So, I went and got my partner's homework since she would have already worked on it (everything was left in folders inside the classroom for anyone to access).

Turns out, the teacher had already graded my partner's homework for those days, but I just wanted to compare her answers to mine. So, I checked my answers against hers, and I saw some issues with both her answers and my own. The teacher had marked her answer right, but based on what I was reading, I thought it was wrong. So, I brought the issue up to the teacher, at which point she accused me of cheating, had me call my parents from the classroom phone, and then sent me down to the vice principal's office.

When I explained to the vice principal what happened, he pretty much knew that I wasn't really cheating. He only gave me 1 day of in school suspension, but I think he knew I didn't really need or deserve it. Like, what kid cheats, then goes and tells the teacher that they cheated? Not to mention, the answer I had written on my homework was completely different from the one my partner had written.

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text :p
  7. My school district has never had detentions, as far as I'm aware. I've grown up thinking detention is something out of the movies due to this. We did have in-school suspension, but that ended in 8th grade. Now we have alternative school, which you take a trip to if you bring drugs onto campus or whatever.
  8. I got detention once in, I think 4th grade, for 'decorating' one of the bathrooms for Halloween with my best friend at the time, using toilet paper.

When I was in I believe 5th grade, can't remember what it was for, I just know that the para-pro didn't like me and found any reason she could to get my in trouble, no matter how silly.

And once in high school for throwing a snowball on school grounds.
  9. Never been in detention in my 11 and a quarter years of school.
  10. Was assigned detention for excessive tardies/absences, but my teacher argued to have my training sessions for UIL competition count as hours to satisfy the mean attendance people. So technically I never went =)
  11. I had lunch detention once for not letting my teacher in the class once in 6th grade. Scariest part was thinking if they were gonna call my parents. Thank god they didn't
  12. Well this isn't a real detention where you stay after school and all that but it is a lunch detention lol :p

So in my old school during lunch I had my food and a carton of milk (that I never planned of drinking since I don't drink milk). My friend and classmate were fighting over who could drink it and they tore it and it exploded everywhere. The principal was called and said that the next day I was to have lunch detention because my classmates spilled my milk -_-
  13. No detention but did get in-school suspension for 5 days in high school for violating a nonexistent technology use policy at the school. Ya I know....

Now, I *should* have gotten detention for flooding the boy's bathroom after flushing all the urinals and toilets in the second grade, but they never figured out who did it. ^_^
    WardleDeBoss and TomvanWijnen like this.
  14. What is "in-school suspension"?

What is a para-pro?
  15. In-school suspension is where you sit in one room with no windows all day long. If you're lucky, you get classwork to do.
    Baradar67 and We3_MPO like this.
  16. We call that, quite rightfully, isolation.
  17. Never had detention... but I did (in 6th grade) get 2 days of lunch detention for hitting a girl out of anger. There were a few others in lunch detention at the same time as me, but none of them did things as bad as I did, and all but one of them were punished for non-violent offenses.

This happened a few years ago, and now I believe it was a morally wrong thing that I shouldn't have done.
  18. ive got detention a couple of times for leaving the school while it was in session, but i had in school suspension for the first time last year since they didnt have it before that. and the reason was pretty bs too, some dude started a fight in a hallway with one of my friends so i dropped him cuz i didnt want my buddy to get crushed. but hey guess who got 5 days in school detention instead of the guy who actually started it. its hell too, it was spring and it was hot and theres no air conditioning or anything. pretty inhumane tbh, i tried getting out of it but my mom almost beat me up for tryna not go school :(
  19. In my school they were someone that some students, like me, had assigned to them to go to every class with them. They also monitored lunch and recess in elementary schools.
    We3_MPO and Baradar67 like this.
  20. How rebellious.
    We called that exclusion in my school. It was ran by a really authoritative Serbian guy called Jovan. He was really nice outside of it (not to me though lol) as long as you didn't grate him, but he was honestly the scariest thing to ever exist while you were in there. He didn't even shout - he was just scary just by talking sternly.

He also listened to Opera music all day long. Probably the scariest thing about him tbh

As far as I can tell the school got rid of the whole exclusion thing since it was really quite pointless. I wouldn't know since I'm a college student now and if we behave bad enough to get put in exclusion, we just get kicked out of school.

This thread is actually bringing back some really weird memories...
    Tah2 and ChespinLover77 like this.