detention stories

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShyguytheGamer1, Sep 19, 2017.

1. never been in detention.
  2. I got a detention for lighting a match in science class to show how to do it as it was kinda difficult, but we werent meant to, and there was a person next to me who tried 5 times in front of the teacher and failed but because I had enough brain cells to know how to light a match I was the one in trouble xD
  3. They call that an assistant where I went to school. I had one of those, and I'm still good friends with her daughter.
  4. I was put in ISS (In school suspension) for talking when the teacher had walked out of the room. A kid next to me kicked my desk when I was writting a paper for another class at the time. This was back in 6th grade.

In 10th grade, I was in a fight and was suspended from school for 10 days. We were walking back from band class and he called a few nasty names, which I don't tolerate (He bullied me for being gay for months before this). So, I turned around and decked him with my clarinet case and knocked him into a brick wall and broke his cheek bone and broke a window in the process. I had a few kids plus a teacher pulling me off of him. One thing my grandmother tought me was if you're going to fight dirty, fight dirtier! :D
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  5. That was very mean of him. Even worse than normal bullying. I hope he stopped.
  6. After all of that happened we found out his mum was the vice principal of the other high school in town so. lol
  7. First time was when a bully jumped on me and started strangling me, so I pinched him and ran so then I got in trouble.

Second time was when I said a completely harmless joke to him and so he punched me in the face and I fell down and didn't get up for like 10min which was also appearently all my fault because I provoked him and so he had the right to punch me in the face so hard I almost fainted.....btw it was a knock knock joke.

(Btw the teachers don't just hate me he just gets away from hitting everybody. I think for someone reason the teachers thing that if they make him feel like he isn't being accused he will become nicer idk.)
  8. Pffff, that sure brings me back :p

I once got into detention during high school (I think, not sure which school it was anymore) because I refused to accept the study material which said that the sun had a solid surface. Back in those days I was pretty interested in the whole thing, even got several books (some even had (dia) slideshows) from the local library about the solar system and after I had read in multiple books that the sun has no real (solid) surface but was basically a giant fireball with tons of plasma and gases around it I refused the study material and constantly gave the "wrong" answers.

And I kept doing this, even in a very important exam.

I suppose you can't really call it detention (I was free to leave when I wanted) but I was "urgently requested" to attend the meeting because of my "erratic and questionable behavior regarding study material" :D

That basically turned into a cool discussion with my biology and physics teachers, and in the end I was basically told something in the likes of: "Even if this is wrong (!) you should still accept it for what it is because that's how the system works". And here I was thinking that school was supposed to actually teach you something useful! :D

But... and that was the cool part, they did eventually agree with me that I made some very convincing points and that I was probably right about the whole thing. My rates got changed and the "wrong" answers were now accepted as right.

I can't really remember if during what school period this was, but the reason I still remember this moment very well is because this really opened my eyes with regards to deciding what is "true" and what not. Just because my school books told me something about the sun didn't meant that it was also true. Could this also apply to other things? What about the news papers?

It really made me a lot more suspecting and weary about "reliable sources" and basically taught me that you really should be careful when it comes to "simply" believing certain stories. Theres almost definitely another side to a story; either because of the facts or because the story was mostly opinion based.

But it also seriously helped me learn to respect other opinions as well. For example: I sort of turned my "the sun isn't solid" into a miniature obsession (I was definitely persistent :D) but during that discussion I also definitely understood their point of view as well, and understood why I was causing quite a bit of trouble for them ;)

Good times :)
    MoreMoople and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. I once got given a detention. When I turned up she was like, right you can just go I can't be bothered.

Then for whatever reason I was like: well wtf am I supposed to do I just missed all the busses and no one's picking me up until later.

Why on Earth I decided this was a good thing to say, I will never know.. I spent an hour scrubbing baking trays that weren't going to get cleaner.
  10. I've never had detention, though I do remember for a while our school district has after school suspension (A.S.S.) which they had to change to in school suspension due to kids calling it Ass. Example: I can't meet you after school today I have to go to Ass. :rolleyes::D
  11. I have never been in detention, and I never want to. I think about the closest I have ever come was in Kindergarten when I went under the table at lunch and thought it would be funny to tickle my friend's feet. My friends didn't find it funny though, so a lunch moniter told me to go sit on the wall. So, being an obedient child I went and sat. And cried. I watched as all the kids in my grade level left to go back to class, but I still hadn't been excused. So once again, I sat there with only my Barbie lunch box against a wall to be humiliated and laughed at by older students. A couple grades eating lunch later, a lunch moniter finally ran over and said, "We forgot about you!! How long have you been here? You can go now".

Yeah... I'm a rule follower and pretty "innocent". This story still saddens me because that is a really cruel thing to do to a little kindergarten girl that just thought she was going to make her friends laugh. :(
  12. I'm rather salty about this, but I'm sure many can relate to this. My school has lunch detention for people who are trouble makers, ditch, or late to class.
    No I'm not a trouble maker (at school :p) and I ended up being within a second or two or making it to class but the bell rang and so I had to get a detention slip and bam ... exciting eh? 😔
    MoreMoople likes this.