[DEBATE] PVP servers and shop updates

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Herbrin3, Aug 11, 2012.

1. You're right but this bit in the guide will have to change:

to something like this:
    There is only PVP on pvp.empire.us NOT the smp's
  2. I have one question. Will the PvP server be up and running before the 20th?
  3. Looks pretty boss. Count me in for any beta tests you may need. Also, maybe you could change the map theme every couple months, as Daffy has suggested? Though, that may be alot of work.
  4. No. I seriously doubt it. Since I think they are releasing it AFTER most of their already announced updates, it may be a couple months.
  5. I also would love to assist in any possible betas.
  6. Yeah PVP Server would be like Q4 at the earliest... Just others have really opened up the conversation is why were now talking about it more.

As for map themes... The plugin author currently has a nether theme and working on an End theme, so we can very easily rotate through them every match too, to really change up the visual appearence.

End is currently in progress, but heres a nether theme (destroyed city):

More pictures here (and link to download the plugin yourself, though we will be modifying it so we wont be running the exact same thing):
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/cityworld/images/

Also, the cityworld plugin does have caves and dungeons and such, they are underground :) There is mineshafts and such too....
  7. o I know that city! :D is it the same one like before Aikar? I hope you know what I am talking about o.o
  8. No that is not the city we laid destruction on, that is an official screenshot from the plugin author on the new "Nether Map"
  9. I want to log onto aikar.co >.<
  10. so is it going to be on your server ... or a new ???.empire.us ? just curious
  11. Thats just the serverr Aikar is testing it on.
  12. Me too
  13. "ArsecreamCow" - the name of a server owners account that wants to add this for dedicated PvP action - from the plugin page's comments. Nice name cow...
    oidgod and sneeker134 like this.
  14. Its not him xD or is it...
  15. ...stalker.
  16. I knew that before Jack did xD I put in Icecreamcow, then I got aresCreamcow... I was like "Is that our ICC?" then i came here and jack said it was his name xD
  17. Thankfully the bickering and hysteria has finally subsided. :)
    You must continue to trust the Staff here. We are not going to do things that destroy the overall dream that is EMC. We will evolve to incorporate new systems we have planned, not just ignore innovation and spiral into the depths of an obsolete existence.
    The one thing I always suggest to those of you who fear the changes being made here: you are free to attempt to build their own server that holds the core system that is 3rd stage EMC or you can stay on the ride and grow with us and find the positivity within our advancements.
  18. Agreed! +1 for you :D
  19. Sorry :/ I was partly to blame for that.