[DEBATE] PVP servers and shop updates

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Herbrin3, Aug 11, 2012.

1. You didnt "bicker" that much Hayley. It was all the people who were like "Me dont want Pvp."
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  2. I was not targeting any particular member or what they said. I was merely commenting on the air of the entire discussion until cooler heads intervened and people stopped long enough to react with logic and reason rather than anger and hostility brought on by ignorance. Instead of asking questions, people assumed a position based on interpretation without knowledge of the planned feature.

This is what upsets me here, it is the ignorant call to arms based on an opinion based on a blind assumption.
  3. ...Like me xD
  4. I don't remeber how I was. Since I passed out over the computer, my memory was a bit hazy.
  5. Ditto Hayley's post. I'm glad Aikar and IcC and Max stepped in to better explain it so everyone understood. :D
  6. We tried our best. I think assignments have turned me loopy o.e
  7. its o.p BTW xD

EDIT: For the face...
  8. This sounds really fun. :) Just 2 questions: 1. Can you sell to shops on SMP's? What will the money be used for?
  9. I've created this thread to clear up some of the debating that has been going around the forums regarding the new shop and PVP updates.

So, why or why do we not want these updates?

Anyone can post but remember, do not attack people and respect their opinions - but have fun! :D
  10. I am 100% pro for the coming updates. Come on everyone be open-minded and give these things a chance. Justinguy,ICC and Aikar know what they are doing and what they are dealing with. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. :D
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  11. I think a PVP server of two would help our groth.
    As for the shop system I can't really follow it.
    Can you add a tekkit server to the mix please Alex?
    Tekkit is the best thing that has happed to me lately!
    I don't know how the tekkit server would work though.
  12. Ah, tekkit. I love playing it but I think we should take things one step at a time. :)
  13. I don't really like the new shop system that's being worked on as you can type /buy and how much you want to pay and amount, then if you're ever going to get someone to buy from you from the /buy command, it has to be so cheap and that's not so easy for new specially. I also think the PvP server would help our growth, and that we would get a whole new type of players wich could be interesting and there's a big difference on PvP and non-PvP. So I really hope the PvP server will come before the new shop update.
  14. Possibly, however this thread is just going to be about the things that will (almost) definitely be added for now. :D
    Absolutely. We should at least give them a chance. Besides, almost all the needs regarding the shop system are being catered for. :)
  15. technically this thread was for the debating lol...
  16. I made the other one for the shop update also - this one wasn't. :)
  17. I went ahead and merged the 2 into yours, so the subject is appropriate :p

Id rather not see the same bickering thats already occured in this thread be repeated.
  18. Thanks :)
  19. I assure you the system will not be that way. The main focus of the system is to help the new players, and that is exactly why some of the more senior members are upset about this, due to the fact newer players will have a better shot in the economy (due to the fact they put effort in to "Be above" the new players, and now that effort isn't required to run a shop)

Plus, you don't type how much you want to pay, you type how much quantity you want to buy, then it will list to you how much its going to cost you (as it buys from multiple people). This is how economies work, the people with the lowest price sells their item more.

Essentially prices will stabalize, and it will be very easy to see what is the current market price for an item, so when you come back from a resource collecting trip, you can have that item for sale on the market within 5 minutes, and have an equal chance at selling it than the big guys.

I love Tekkit myself, and have evaluated it for EMC already. Initial tests were not good but there is potential I messed up in optimization and it could come into play... Once Justin is free I can get advice from him on optimizing Bukkit performance and see if it is possible to run Tekkit with decent performance...

So, i'd really love to see an official Tekkit server (though it would have absolutely zero link to the SMP's, it would be a "Specialty server" just like PVP) but it is currently not "planned", but it is something I desire and will likely persue more next year (sorry this years pretty booked with updates)

The money will simply be used for the match, and is reset for every match. Nothing in the PVP server will carry over to the SMP... however, one idea i'm considering is adding an SMP Rupee Reward for winning a PVP match.

We will likely not call the currency rupees on the PVP server purely for the sake of avoiding confusion.

But, the currency will be used for upgrading bases, buying armor and weapons, buying other "special" things to help you gain an advantage in the fight, etc :)
    AlexChance likes this.