[CONTEST] Build a Snow Globe!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Dec 4, 2016.

1. The guidelines don't specify a gamemode, that probably means anything's fine.

They do say "No command block usage", but can't you use them while building either? I mean, I suppose you are allowed to use player executed commands.
  2. I never enter these things, so I will :)

EDIT: Does this mean I could build it on a modded 1.7.10 (carpenters blocks mod), or would that disadvantage other players?
  3. *Reads post*

*Opens world*
    607, khixan, TheKutesyKiraboo and 5 others like this.
  4. Assuming any blocks that are available in the 1.9 client (1.9 - 1.9.4, and prior) Basically any blocks you can get from 1.0-1.9.4 I assume :)
  5. Sounds both fun and eventful.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  6. This was me
  7. Are multiple submissions or only a single per player allowed?
  8. DO YOU WANT TO BUILD A SNOWGLOBE
  9. I'll try!
    Can I build this on Single Player and upload a screenshot?
  10. One per player
    DrMadFate likes this.
  11. Sounds like alot of fun! Good luck to all contestants!
  12. If you cannot get it in EMC, then you can't include it.
  13. I'm not sure if Krysyy is fully aware of what Lottie is asking. Carpenter's blocks are an easy way in modded minecraft to emulate existing minecraft materials. You can thus build the shape first, then "paint" the applicable minecraft block textures onto the blocks themselves.

If your intent is simply to make sure that players will be able to replicate the snow globe, then I don't see it being a problem, assuming that only standard textures are used per the contest rules and that different textures are not used on different sides of the same block.

If the rules are going to stipulate that the world needs to be downloadable and playable for all EMC players who wish to view the structure in-game, then that would be a problem because the Modpack would be required.
    607 and khixan like this.
  14. Are you aloud to do team builds? We understand only 1 prize would be given out
  15. The world will be viewed and judged in default with no mods installed. I'm fully aware of what was being asked.
    DrMadFate and 607 like this.
  16. The name on the entry form is who will get the prize.
    DrMadFate likes this.
  17. Ok then we probably will split the prize common courtesy haha
    607 likes this.
  18. Contest theme isn't Star Wars or leprechauns; no thanks.
  19. Well I have an empty res but I can't build worth a darn.
    Slvr and BlinkyBinky like this.
  20. Are we able to use deco head. We can get them in single player with commands and people are also selling them on EMC so I am asking if we can actually use them.
    607 and b0bbythebuild3r like this.