Community Discussion: Reset of Wilderness / Nether / End?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Please read the entire topic before voting

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
Yes - Reset the non Town worlds WITH a weeks notice and special features during that time 399 vote(s) 89.5%
No - I want them all to stay the way they are now, do not reset 47 vote(s) 10.5%
  1. Didn't Justin already say thaT?
    ivonator123 likes this.
  2. Not sure. I couldn't even stand reading the thread.
    Not sure why... I just don't want to touch this
  3. I say do it. I mean, with the diamonds being so rare now, it'd not only impact just the wilds look and stability, but also the economy. I was wondering, when we would get the whole ocelot situation figured out. Ocelots despawn quick. Margaritte had 2 Ocelots, that I was watching, the server crashed, and they were gone when it was back up. Not only does it lead to monetary problems, being that they're so rare, but it also takes a lot of precious time to have them grow up and tame them.
  4. ehm dont have ocelots tame them ;) i have 10 cats they stay at there place. and for some reason the price peakes i sold today 2 cat eggs for 2600 rupees :O
    normal price now is 400

edit: 85% of all cats on smp1 is sold at my res :)
  5. You know what you could add to cons...Losing XP grinders :(
    dannydan and Rtardo like this.
  6. I think it's a good idea!
  7. Only if you didn't find an XP grinder with 5 spawners...YES 5!!!lol
  8. I would like to comment on one potential problem that Justin in fact mentioned in his original post. I, like many people, have several houses/outposts/mines in the wild. I will be sad to see them go. It is not for that reason, however, that I write this. I write to represent those who have no plots in town. I write because whereas I, and most people I interact with in the Empire, have places to store their belongings while the wild is reset, some do not.
    What, I ask, can those plotless people do?

"Ah," you say, "but problems are one thing. Solutions are another." So I give you two possible solutions:

1. Get a plot - With free vault, it doesn't matter if it's even on the same server, and if you don't want it, just unclaim it after the reset.

2. A "Bank" - A place where those who have not claimed a plot can temporarily have a chest or two in which they can store their belongings.

Really, though, as long as there are plots available on any server, this shouldn't be a problem. Yes, we'll all lose houses/mines/outposts (I'll lose my winning garden/tree on utopia and an entire city on smp3), but the possibilities are endless for reconstruction and rebirth. The SMP game mode is based around exploration and adventure. Nothing lasts forever. Take your pictures, share your accomplishments on the forums if you wish, and face the new, unfamiliar wild not with disappointment, but with an eagerness for the opportunity it brings!
    margaritte, Yukon1200 and jackomighty like this.
  9. Nooo, i have 2 pro skele traps :L. Although i would like to see that ripped up world reset back to normal :D. But then again it will end up like that again because people love to make it look ugly :eek:
  10. This brings alot of encouragement to me :)
    JabrZer0 likes this.
  11. yea the areas close to spawn ae totaly messed up
  12. Yes i vote for yes though it wouldnt be for being lazy but on smp6 the beginning of spawn looks like it got hit by multiple nukes and doesnt really change until your out 500 blocks or so which can be annoying also this would be nice for those that would like to explore the jungle and not have to go 10,000 blocks away just to find one. making it convientient for alot of people who want to make epic treehouses.
  13. Judging by the results so far, maybe a good time to take some screenshots :) maybe we could make an album?
    JustinGuy likes this.
  14. i like the far away jungles keeps my prices nice and high like a sapling sold this morning for 1,5K
    ocelots for 1,2K
  15. A new Con possibly... With the End portals deactivated, no one can get into the End to get their stuff out of it. I don't know if it would make sense to set up a temporary end world portal along the lines of the town wild and nether portals to go strait there for the reset time (This is a terrible permanent idea for obvious reasons), but I know that when I went to the SMP3 End last time, there was a full base established there, full of stuff people would want to go get.
  16. good idea just place an mod next to it so duplicating is not possible
  17. No, the dup exploit used the actual end portals. I'm suggesting setting up a portal like the ones at the town spawn
    JabrZer0 likes this.
  18. Given that SMP6 is only a couple of weeks old, and I thought was supposed to have the weekly reset area implemented, I can almost guarantee that it's going to look like it got hit by multiple nukes again shortly after a reset.

I voted yes, because of the glitches - exploring so far I have to relog every few minutes, and I think at this point holding on to the wilderness is just prolonging the inevitable. I mean, if we reset now, that's more time we'll have in a new wild before it gets broken and needs to reset.
  19. To be completely honest I would love to explore a non-Mutilated area in the wilderness and find a jungle too. I'm all for it:D It would also be nice not to have to worry abot being stuck in a block when their are skeletons around.
  20. Please direct your questions to an appropriate thread, perhaps Empire Help. This thread is about the 1.2 update. :)

also, you can make your own achievements at http://mag.racked.eu/