Community Discussion: Reset of Wilderness / Nether / End?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Please read the entire topic before voting

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
Yes - Reset the non Town worlds WITH a weeks notice and special features during that time 399 vote(s) 89.5%
No - I want them all to stay the way they are now, do not reset 47 vote(s) 10.5%
  1. I'd like to complain about connection problems, but unfortunately my ISP is not run by you.
  2. Frack. Why do people want a reset? I would like to hear both sides, also I don't understand that just because parts of the world is glitched. That it HAS, like ABSOLUTELY has to be rest.
  3. It doesn't, if it was a necessity it wouldn't have been put up for conversation / vote. :)
  4. I understand, but the majority of EMC is complaining about the GLITCHES. Hence the part about people wanting reset due to "jungles" and such. Honestly, IMO. I've got an on-hand experience with jungles and, they arent that spiffy, Big trees, SURE. and maybe cats. but there isnt really anything all that snazzy... so why reset for a few new rare biomes? :)
  5. I forgot to add, if anyone else has pros or cons I will gladly add them to the list :)
  6. That people will just chop down anyways for WOOD. like, c'mon people.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  7. I'm a noob to EMC / Minecraft but my 2 cents is for +1 for reset.

Maybe some discussion / process and policy agreement here so that there is expectations for everyone that lives in the wild. E.g every X months it will be reset, that way people can plan there scheduled wilderness projects and not start anything big before resets.

This way when it comes up again we all know when / how etc..

Dumb question, but if the wilderness is so big, and unexplored couldn't there be portals out to further areas or something? How big is the wilderness btw?
  8. When will this come in affect?
  9. The jungles will just be cut down ._.
  10. We will let the discussion go on for a couple days. Then if the majority want the reset, we will put another topic up with a timeline of over a week and exact dates.
  11. Yes, but they chop it for the logs not the planks since it's a new texture
    EukkaLyptuzz and JustinGuy like this.
  12. ummmmm I'm going to have to disagree on that one >.>
  13. Well I for one have not used any of the jungle logs I've chopped down to make planks
  14. Well with apologies to everyone who spent tons of time working on what has been done in the wild and nether, I have to vote yes. With sufficient timing and preparation people should be able to gather up their valuables and bring them back to town. The fun in minecraft is starting with nothing and having to work to get the best, I feel it will just make people have to start from scratch again just like when they first logged on to empire-minecraft :)
    WhereisssWaldo, gtabmx and nab27 like this.
  15. As long as the towns remain the same, I am all for a reset. I only arrived here a few weeks ago, it will be nice to have a level playing field in the wilderness with all players! Plus, more resources!!!!
    Call_Me_DeJaja, JustinGuy and gtabmx like this.
  16. I'm not saying IM lazy.. but, I REEEEAAALLLY dont want to have to go through all that agian! D:
    dannydan likes this.
  17. JustinGuy this is what I've wanted for a while now the wilderness and the nether are destroyed.I hope the comunity votes to change the wild and reset it.:D
    gtabmx likes this.
  18. I think this is ok, as long as the vault is free and the locks are fully refunded, maybe add free eggification that week to get our wild farms packed up?
  19. Yeah Free eggification, some of us have farms in the WILD
    Velvitacow2 and IPwnCreeps like this.
  20. The End Portal. Sorry if this was mentioned earlier. People would have to find a new way to the end. This would obviously be a con. But I also have outpost's and I don't want those to be destroyed. A pro is, more Diamonds, Glowstone and other valuables. Would The end be totally reset as in even the enderdragon?
    IPwnCreeps likes this.