Community Discussion: Reset of Wilderness / Nether / End?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Please read the entire topic before voting

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
Yes - Reset the non Town worlds WITH a weeks notice and special features during that time 399 vote(s) 89.5%
No - I want them all to stay the way they are now, do not reset 47 vote(s) 10.5%
  1. I voted yes because I just love exploring new stuff. :)

But please delay actually doing it until I finish ME3. thanx
    apamment likes this.
  2. I wish the reset was after the portaldup hlitch is fix so it will be reopen and a new one-of-a-kind monster reborn. :)
    And
    I
    Will
    Kill
    It
    !!!
    ;)
  3. oh you know they will take it out before they let us log in :)
  4. :( :( :(
    ME (NOT) GUSTA
  5. I believe this would be a great idea. Because not only will it fix the way our wilderness looks in almost every smp (lol), but it will also be giving those shops a chance to be able to finally get more resources for their shop like diamond, gold, so on and so forth. Again yes it would suck for those that are currently living out in the wild, but like you said they would be refunded with what they lost.
    SecretAznEks and R0bbieJo like this.
  6. I can only imagine the thoughts going through your head on this one Justin. As a family we spend 95% of our time in the wild actually living and surviving so we will have to start all over BUT the reset would fix so many things we face out there as well. We die OFTEN as results of the glitches and such and it is quite frustrating to say the least.
    THANK YOU for the free week of vault. We will want to clear house...lol
    As for my triple cave spider and single zombie all in one area.... I am crying.... but maybe I can find Skeletons in the reset.... lol
    SecretAznEks likes this.
  7. A new world for my new computer (when and if I get it) sounds neat. However I am unable to play MC at all, so I would need to pay someone to retrieve all of my valuables for me (talk about trust). As far as a reset because it looks like a nuke went off, it'll look like that again in a month. It is a game about building though. Is it possible to prevent a total reset ever again? What is the motivation for building big when another new biome could be released in a few months? If world performance and force fields are an issue then this would ultimately hurt the Empire, which is unacceptable. If the Empire were to fall (like that would happen) then we lose our creations anyhow. Feedback?
  8. I'm totally against this.
    I have 3 Huge mobs farm over the wild and I dont want to destroy any of them.
    Together,They hold like 20.000 cobblestone!
    munkhdelger likes this.
  9. judging by the 89% in favour of the reset, i guess its going to be a go?
  10. LOL the deserts look like its had an atom bomb in it.

Deffinatly reset.
  11. The wilderness is just griefed to bits
  12. WOW just WOW 157 for and 18 against, Justin, we have an immediate conclusion here :D
  13. If we reset the wild, would it be a good opportunity to add more periodic reset areas, for example over all desert biomes near the spawns, while we have a chance? This might make some resets slightly more avoidable in the future...
  14. I'm sorry, but if the wild is reset I will probably spend a week crying over it. :(

I so agree. Guys you only need to walk out for 5 minutes and you'll find plenty of un-touched stuff.
    If I could I would offer 100r per vote for no reset.
    I see the pros of it to, most of which don't change my mind. Just my opinion..
  15. I just want to reiterate the fact that with the End closed off, there is no way to go retrieve anything from it before the reset. Something will have to be done to allow the End worlds to be cleared out.
  16. How about resetting all the banned players res's? Only the permanent players res's. Please do dis:rolleyes:
  17. i have full scale farms, 2 towers, deep mine, and upcoming projects at utopia wilderness. So reset will kill my ambition.
  18. The obvious answer here is yes for a variety of reasons, the biggest one being that currently the Period Reset area doesn't work on the other SMP's apart from 6.

The whole purpose of the Reset Area was to save the heartache of travelling across a destroyed land, potentially dying because of pits and death drops.

We may as well take this opportunity now to right the wrongs, bring everything up to speed and sort out any number of small glitches.

I honestly can't see a reason for not doing this.

The heartache at losing your Wild village / Community will soon be repaired by the joys of a fresh new world with its new height limit and biomes.

Some of the arguments against doing a reset are, to be blunt, not thinking of the bigger Community picture.
  19. Not sure if it's possible but, can you make backups of certain areas in the wilderness and place them in the new 1.2 map?
    the5m3rk and munkhdelger like this.
  20. If you want depending on when he starts the restarts everything I would help you get your stuff. Only problem is I would have to some how in some way find where your place even is. xD