Community Discussion: Reset of Wilderness / Nether / End?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Please read the entire topic before voting

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
Yes - Reset the non Town worlds WITH a weeks notice and special features during that time 399 vote(s) 89.5%
No - I want them all to stay the way they are now, do not reset 47 vote(s) 10.5%
  1. this is a hard choice. I will lose my wilderness mansion and my 2k blocks worth of rails laid down. + my spawner.

On another hand......

New world to explore. easier resources. jungles stuff. ...
    hard choice.
    EukkaLyptuzz and ZBSDKryten like this.
  2. I will be sad to see my grinders go, and I'll have to hustle around to clear out all my scattered chests, but it's always fun to build, so yah -- let's do this :D It will be more than worth it to have a pristine wilderness (for a while anyway), and a non-glitched out world. I've run into those "force fields" and it's very strange and frustrating.
  3. I'm curious. What will happen to the people who log in after the reset, since it looks like it will be happening, that logged out while in the wild. Since the terrain would be changed couldn't they fall to their deaths, be buried alive, etc?
    EukkaLyptuzz likes this.
  4. Lol I just found a great mine with a bunch of ores and spawners but I am all for whatever.
  5. Can't believe I voted yet... my poor blaze farm! :p Still, I like change.
    Brennian likes this.
  6. If we do reset It's gonna be Awesome!!!:DReset!!!
  7. Given that my town home will survive. I have no problems with a reset for everything else. Yes, I'll loose some work in the Wilderness, but its also another opportunity to build something bigger and better. Given that Vault will be open to all for a week prior to the reset it will make it much easier to squirrel away previously acquired mats for the next build.

SUGGESTION: It would be nice if vault were to remain available to all for one week AFTER the reset also, as it would help in the rebuilding process.

Having experienced several updates over the past year on other servers, I can certainly see why there is a preference for a reset. New biomes and tweaks to chunk generators can make for an ugly hybrid map. I'd rather have everything regenerated, whether its with the same seed or a different one.
  8. I see it from an update point of view. With each update new features are added, most of which have an impact on the wilderness. Whilst i do feel for the players who have villages/creations in the wild, I myself have a few scattered outposts, I still believe that every once in a while we should reset the wild to bring the changes into effect, and stay current and up to date with the growing minecraft world. This involves making the terrain as less glitchy as possible, and ensuring a bug free world for players, which becomes increasingly difficult if Justin has to find a work around with each new update to avoid resetting of the wilderness as it gives bugs and errors a chance to creep in. I have complete faith in Justin's programming of course, but unforeseen errors can always find their way in. [/rant] :)
  9. You probably DON'T like this and I know why...your spawners...that kinda sucks :(
  10. what exactly is the vault
  11. Leo, I know how hard you worked on that place... I recommend collecting all your stuff, I could help you if you want, just need to find time in my busy schedule lol.
  12. Omg i just realized that the end is also getting reset .. LOL I <3 derp :)
  13. I will just add this for now:

If it is decided that the worlds are to be reset, I would ask that the week-long countdown be started after this coming weekend, say Monday, so as to avoid conflicting with upcoming events and to give people some extra time to prepare.

This is just one consideration; whatever makes the most sense in the big picture is what should be done of course.
    shaunwhite1982 likes this.
  14. with a broken heart i vote yes. me and my friend just created a village and the roof that has sand on it to camo it took hours of boing building and collecting however i fell as though it is best for it to be reset i basically live there but i understand that it is time to reset and start over. whats good about the experiences is that i found my love for the wilderness agian and will continue to live in it.:) good bye my new found home:(

Attached Files:

15. i am all for the reset, but i am hundreds of kilometers from north spawn. where will i show up in /wild?
  16. I had built a Blaze farm only for blaze rods but the xp was only a plus. My xp farm is in the wild of smp5. Yes it will be a bummer to lose it.:( On the other hand sitting here whacking mobs for hours I have come up with a few ideas I would like to implement and starting over would be easier than trying to rebuild.
    nmanley and margaritte like this.
  17. I've seen some of those cool blaze spawners on you-tube they look handy...:p
  18. Maybe we could vote for a certain amount of servers to get their wild/nether/end reset.That's an idea...
  19. Ohhh god... I dont even know how to approach this.. Here's a pros and cons list in my mind:

PROS: fix glitches
    Fill the nuclear testing chambers
    Let us start fresh!
    More diamonds
    More resources in general
    Common jungle biomes
    New end portals

Cons:
    New end portals
    Let us start fresh
    Economy crash due to glowstone and diamonds
    Cats are worthless
    Memories....
    Global inflation
    Loss of the city
    Wilderness exploration bombs
    And last but not least
    IT HAPPENING ALL OVER AGAIN A MONTH LATER D:

---------------------------

If you couldn't tell, I have no idea what to say... I see both sides! I know that the community follows Justin and henceforth will most likely end up for YES, reset. I'm just not voting. It doesn't feel right
  20. I kinda love what Ivonator said about each server deciding :)