Community Discussion: Reset of Wilderness / Nether / End?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Please read the entire topic before voting

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
Yes - Reset the non Town worlds WITH a weeks notice and special features during that time 399 vote(s) 89.5%
No - I want them all to stay the way they are now, do not reset 47 vote(s) 10.5%
  1. Wow! Judging by the poll results. I'd say that's a pretty strong opinion by the community.
  2. @Justin --> What about the change in height in the Town? Willthe bedrock be moved down to make it the same amount of dirt as sky in the newly obtained Residences? It would be great if you could...
  3. The max height raised, bedrock remains at same level, just more space above your residence.
  4. Aww, I have most of my cool stuff under the dirt in "warehouses" that are 60x60x4 and i was hoping to add a lot more warehouses... Ooh well...
  5. Btw, Zabriel, why cant i walk in your house to buy stuff?
    Sorry for the irrelevence...
    gtabmx likes this.
  6. I dispute that there is such a thing as "abuse of the free vault" since the free vault is available to all players during the pre-reset time. This keeps the playing field level. I understand that some folks might use it to go out and have some big resource gathering adventures during the week it is active, and I may even decide to be one of those players. The main purpose of the free global vault isn't to gather resources, but to conveniently transport the ones you've already gathered, so the main difference between a guy like me and a person who lives way out in the wild is that I've essentially wasted countless hours transporting my resources back to town at the time I collected them. Now, most of my resources are already back at town so I could use the vault to gather resources. Someone who lives in the wild hasn't spent all of that time transporting resources and they will have to use a lot more time transporting those resources now. At best, it's a wash between them and me.

Not that I'm trying to make this about me. I could live without the free global vault. I've lost everything a few times mostly due to inexperience or due to my stupid, half-numb finger hitting the wrong key, and I wouldn't quit if I were to completely lose all of my locked chests and their contents with no refund at all. Sure, I'd be upset for a few minutes/hours, but I'm really good at getting over things. Maybe this is from suffering real-life loss enough times and remembering that Minecraft is still just a game. An awesome one, but still just a game.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  7. No sorry, it would be a big headache to do this, Town will stay how it is with the sky just being raised.

Nope, the new ends will not have an ender dragon. The reason is #1 it give such an insane amount of XP it puts you instantly on top of the leader board (like 100,000 I think), #2 it turns into a huge drama of who gets it.
  8. This is a good idea I think, there will be so much more to mine and we'll get jungle biomes and a refreshed world.
    It will be like a reborn of the empire;)
  9. Still think we should have dragon eggs in the new end...
  10. Since we're overwhelmingly voting to destroy the entire worlds, we are collectively all griefers now. May the gods have mercy on our souls.
    Joshposh70 and cnquast like this.
  11. My ban finger is itching.
  12. lol: /ban community grief
    result: Servers catching fire
    Yukon1200 likes this.
  13. I didn't read every post but I wanted to add that by resetting the worlds the world seeds would change and people would no longer be able to sim worlds locally/passively find slime chunks since the world seed is hidden in SMP now.

This is a Pro.

...provided we'd be using a new world seed.
    JustinGuy and gtabmx like this.
  14. Haha! I say yes to the reset. Like someone said early on in the thread, it will be like a fresh start for everyone. And for all the newcomers to EMC, they will finally get to see how beautiful the wild can be here, if even for just a short while. I have a few locked chests, and grinders I will lose myself, but most of the fun of having those things was finding it in the first place. At least for me.

Justin you have done an amazing job at running this community how we, the community, want it. I have never had this much fun on a video game in my life, and it's because of the social aspect of this community, as well as how it is run. Whatever is decided in the end i know will be the right decision because like you stated, you are mainly a vessel to our needs, to an extent, lol.
  15. Will the map be the same? That would solve issues with players who have found spawners...
  16. well, we could optionally move the outpost a mere 500 blocks away from their current location and then everyone can see a clean wilderness.... ;)

the main benefit of a reset is to remedy the technical glitches caused from conversion, and enable periodic reset areas.
  17. looking at the votes i think the wilderness is gonna be reset
  18. A weeks notice is enough to gather your things in chests that are locked. That and the refund really makes that no big deal. It does look like a nuclear war zone. I think a reset is a good idea. I am newish so dont quote me on this.... But... Isn't the designated building space that your supposed to use the residencies? I've always used the wild for materials gathering. Not for building anything. Along with I believe most people? The pro's outweigh the cons I believe.
  19. Got ya, I know it will remedy all that stuff, I was just making a point that I don't think was brought up yet about the new members to EMC. And wouldn't it be harder to move the outpost then to reset? I don't know much about coding and such, so please correct me if I'm wrong. :)
  20. he means that glitches that used to be there are not there now (am i right justin?)