Community Discussion: Reset of Wilderness / Nether / End?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Please read the entire topic before voting

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
Yes - Reset the non Town worlds WITH a weeks notice and special features during that time 399 vote(s) 89.5%
No - I want them all to stay the way they are now, do not reset 47 vote(s) 10.5%
  1. I think this idea is great. The wild is the ugliest most messed up thing I've seen.
  2. the problem is i get lost XD . I wouldnt mind the 20 min walk if there were paths to follow in the wild. I know how hard this is to make and thats why i want a reset. I dont enjoy the fact im lazy but im always worried about getting lost and dying.
  3. It'll take 2 days (at most) for the wilderness to look exactly the same after a reset.
    Joshposh70 and nfell2009 like this.
  4. Im glad to see your optimism...
  5. RESET! THE WILD IS BLOWN FROM CREEPERS AND GRIEFERS AND TNT AND LOADS MORE CRAP!
  6. The ugliness is not so much the issue, I think biome border inconsistencies and glitches, as well as how far away the new 1.2 biomes and animals are, is the real issue.

-Mike
    Knifemaker1 likes this.
  7. How about adding new periodic reset areas over all desert biomes near spawns, this would ease that a bit. While we're (probably) resetting it all anyway, surely now's the time to decide on any changes such as that that would make a reset less needed in the future?
    If the already existing periodic reset areas will also work after a reset, that would really minimise the destruction, I would imagine.

EDIT: Of course, that wouldn't ease the glitchy aftermath of any future updates, but at least it would make the wild be a more pleasant place to be, even near the spawns.
    Knifemaker1 likes this.
  8. Reset means the outpost has to be "Rebuilt" anyways... so its essentially the same amount of work for Justin.
  9. If this is true (I had no idea this was possible), then this is a huge problem that must be corrected now, and would be solved by a reset. What is stopping someone from using an x-ray mod in an offline copy of an EMC wild and then tag the coords of diamond, mob spawners, strongholds, etc?

-Mike
  10. OMG, there already ELEVEN pages of commments on this topic?

I just wanted cast my vote and voice my opinion.

I voted yes, and here is why: I'm really tired of the area surrounding the protected spawn area looking like a creeper the size of football field exploded, and I really want that reset. As SOON as you exit the protected area you fall over a cliff into a wastland of disgusting minefields. When I joined empire and went through the turorial it stated that that area is periodically reset. It would appear to me, and someone tell me if Im wrong on this, that that is NOT the case. And if I uderstand justin's pro list, the reset would make it possible to reset that area and ONLY that area after the reset, then I am all for it. I also like the idea of the jungle biomes being closer to the spawn, not because I am lazy (I went by boat out to about 30,000 blocks 2 days ago), but because then everyone would get a chance to explore the new biomes and see what they are like.

I understand that their are some very elaborate and large constructions in the wild, and naturally the owners DONT want to rebuild, and I wouldnt if I were them either. I dont have any structures in the wild, so I'm not losing anything. If it werent for fixing the ability to reset the yellow zone, I wouldnt even vote. But if what Justin says is true, well then AFTER this reset, the yellow zone can be reset without effecting your constructions from that point on. Sorry guys, I gotta go with yes on this.. :(
  11. While resetting does stop this as a vector to doing as you say, most xray users simply just do it while on EMC.
  12. If wilderness is reset, will The End be reset too? Meaning the dragon will "respawn"?
  13. I say yes, we reset the wilderness. The world is bugged, it looks very torn up and out of place, and overrall it looks disgusting. Plus the new map height can makes us reach bigger places in a new map!
  14. And its sad that they do...
  15. The End will be reset also, but the dragon will not be spawning back in
  16. The map would not be the same. Much has changed in the generator since the worlds were built, plus we will be using a new seed :)
    ignoramoose and bonzd67 like this.
  17. Well, I bet the smart ones do it offline, and the smarter ones do it little by little as to not get caught. And now that this has been brought up, people reading these posts will naturally consider it, and some might do it. Even more reason to reset the wild.

-Mike
    margaritte and bonzd67 like this.
  18. Oh! See, You learn something new everyday!
    • Living - People living in the Wilderness would have to rebuild. We recognize this is not a small con, we have many large communities in the Wilderness, some very far from spawn.
    I think it would be a great idea to reset the wilderness
    Anyone who needs help to rebuild call me i'll be happy to help
  19. HERE HERE! +100 likes