Community Discussion: Reset of Wilderness / Nether / End?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JustinGuy, Mar 6, 2012.

?

Please read the entire topic before voting

Poll closed Mar 9, 2012.
Yes - Reset the non Town worlds WITH a weeks notice and special features during that time 399 vote(s) 89.5%
No - I want them all to stay the way they are now, do not reset 47 vote(s) 10.5%
  1. i can never find the end where is the stronhold located could we make a portal to it possibly ?or atleast to the stronghold
  2. I just talked to my husband who has literally lived in the wild 99% of the time he has been here. He is so excited. New heights, new biomes and new chances to find even more! His first comment is that he is so looking forward to not dying so much for reasons not his fault.
    Be happy folks... this is giving us a brand new start on the best server in MC. We Win!!!
  3. Alot are saying that rebuilding is a con, but I don't believe it to be.

Isn't that the reason why you love minecraft so much? You can start over with new and fresh ideas? Build something bigger and better than you did before? If you die and loose your diamond sword, sure you get mad about it, but what do you do next? You go mining and make another one!

This minecraft world is endless! Each new map/world will be totally different than you had before and it will spark the imagination and adventurous side of us all. Thats why we are here. EMC has an awesome community and if you are needing help on re-building your creation in the wilds, i'm sure there will be someone there for you.

It's time for a fresh start! I vote yes.
    Kia <3
  4. Where is the end could somebody show me
  5. Ok, I voted no. I went to a jungle and it wasn't actually far, the nether is 6 or 8 times smaller than the actual world, you can go to the nether, go like 400 blocks and build a portal and you will exit 2000-4000 blocks away from spawn, if you're looking for a jungle. The jungle doesn't really lags as you say it does. I'm saying no.
  6. You realise this vote has actually very little to do with the Jungle yes?

It's been said several times before:

Without a reset we cannot implement the Periodic Reset Areas on SMP1-5.
    Call_Me_DeJaja likes this.
  7. I voted yes only becase of the need for the periodic reset areas to go into effect. I have invested significat resources (primarily my time) to developing my own slice of the wilderness that I have claimed. I appreciate the need for the periodic reset areas to work. In the future would it be possible to have spawns in more than one wilderness worlds attached to a particular town?

I will say I am grateful for having found EMC and thank you.
  8. Sorry if this question has been answered but, after 8 pages of reading I'm loosing strength. With a resit wild, does this mean different lands and caverns in explored areas. Will my favorite scenic places still be there or is it a complete redo?
    I've been mostly in the wild and really enjoy it out there. I've been mostly exploring and mining instead of building. I'll be voting for the reset. I do feel for those with great creations in the wild.

Sorry, just read the answer to my question.
  9. Question for anyone that can answer : Does the periodic reset areas destroy creations?

If so, what you're saying is it'd be better of to build outside the yellow square?

Sorry if the questions dumb, since I've been on this server the Periodic Reset Areas haven't been reset.
  10. Complete redo. On the bright side, with a little looking, you'll still be able to find cool scenic areas, (now with jungle canopys) with a whole new wild to explore.
  11. The Yellow area, the Periodic Reset Area, is not meant to be built in insofar as any structures of value are concerned. When it gets reset, everything goes, in order to repair the damage from strip mining and Creeper explosions.

They can't be Reset because they don't work apart from SMP6 - This entire Wild reset will fix that problen.
    jlopez24 and Call_Me_DeJaja like this.
  12. This is great finale i can xplore The new biome .
    And mine allot again .
  13. aah gotcha. well thank you for your reply. does this include Utopia? everyone says SMP1-6. what about Utopia?
  14. Utopia, to the best of my knowledge, is also knacked for the PRA right now, so a full reset would fix that too.
  15. My ISP sucks!!!!!!!!
  16. Ahh, i knew this day was coming soon.
    And knew the answer would most likely lead towards ''for''
    Although we will lose many of the great structures in the wild, along with my 2 new blaze spawners, its for the best
  17. I am all for this, I really want the "non-town" worlds to be glitch-less as they are for surviving in. This includes the nether bedrock height. I can't wait! :) And the community seems strongly to be for this idea
  18. The ability to create a new world only fuels the likeness for my explorations! I'd love a reset, but not without its downsides. That gigantic redstone mine I created, amongst wilderness homes by the dozen, would be gone. I love the Wilderness as-is, too.

Though, Iron Golems would scare the living **** out of me at night while exploring, so that's something I'd want to avoid.
  19. You always have to let things go. And who knows, in the next wild, you could find 4 huge mob farms ;)
  20. reset please-i'm afraid to go to the wilderness-it's too griefed-but make a line-not only in the live map-that shows your'e out of the protected spawn-and jungles are super rare!