[CHALLENGE] A Theme A Week

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 607, Oct 3, 2018.

?

Have you experienced all themes for a (short) while before?

Poll closed Oct 7, 2018.
Yes. 4 vote(s) 50.0%
No. 4 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. What stands out most to me is the whites common to most of these themes: the Rainbow theme doesn't have those. :p
  2. Yep
  3. Time for good old orange! I think all of us probably have used this for over a week before, but it might still be interesting getting used to it again! It certainly looks less familiar to me than I expected.
  4. I personally (as you know :p) really like orange. I hadn't learned about the ability to change the colours before I'd already got used to the orange and grown a liking for it. For me orange has sort of become "the EMC colour". I don't often see orange in the real world, so it's both nice to have a way to see orange, and that it doesn't have any other strong connections.

Some Many of the other colours in the themes give me small or strong reading issues for some of the text in that colour, while with orange I don't have any of these problems. This is a serious problem for me. I definitely can't properly read blue, purple, and the rainbow theme, and there are more that I don't distinctly remember right now. This limits me in choosing anything else than orange, as otherwise I would likely have chosen (light) blue or (light) green, as those are generally the colours I like the most.

Orange on the EMC forums is a nice subtle, but still clear colour. It doesn't stand out too much while still being easy to read. It's also really connected to EMC for me. :)

I like the orange theme, and have used it ever since I joined the forums, and I don't think I'll ever move to a different theme. :)
    MoreMoople and 607 like this.
  5. one word… ew. I personally dislike this theme a lot. I like all of the themes except this one, pretty much :p
    607 likes this.
  6. That's interesting, even Yellow and Silver & Gold? I'm looking forward to those. :p
  7. Halloweenish !!
  8. To my surprise I'm still not really liking the Orange!
  9. That's because it's the wrong week clearly. Orange is perfect for Halloween though =)
  10. Perhaps that's why I dislike it now. :p (it being half-consciously associated with Halloween)
  11. How is orange associated with halloween? :p

Grrrr... :p
  12. My 'guess': jack-o'-lantern are associated with Halloween, pumpkins are associated with jack-o'-lanterns and orange is associated with pumpkins.
  13. I did get used to Dark - Orange again eventually—but now it's time to go to Dark - Pink! I actually made this challenge after a status by Otus_NigRum about the Pink theme, where I realised that it looks really cool, which I didn't know before that.
  14. I like it, the only thing I don't really like about it is you can't really see your inbox/alert amount without clicking on it because the color is really light green. Or maybe it's just me because I keep my screen really dark. I'm N0TSURE.
    607 likes this.
  15. I can easily see it, but the green does clash a little with the pink. I like it, though, the theme is quite daring anyway. ;)
    Sydney4363 likes this.
  16. I wasn't getting any alerts so I missed the dark orange :(
  17. Aw...
  18. Check your "Watched threads" page, it should be in there if you missed the alert the first time. :)
  19. Even I don't check that weekly, though. :p
  20. I check it perhaps even more often than my alerts. :p Especially if I have quite a few alerts, I'll just look for everything that isn't "[player] replied to [thread]", click those, sometimes click some threads that stand out, and then go to my watched threads list to read all unread watched threads left. :) Works really well. :D
    607 likes this.