Care to share: your very first screenshot?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Jan 27, 2018.

?

How many screenshots do you have?

Poll closed Feb 10, 2018.
Between 1 - 10 2 vote(s) 6.3%
Between 10 - 50 5 vote(s) 15.6%
Between 50 - 100 4 vote(s) 12.5%
Between 100 - 500 4 vote(s) 12.5%
Between 500 - 1000 7 vote(s) 21.9%
Between 1000 - 5000 4 vote(s) 12.5%
Between 5000 - 10000 2 vote(s) 6.3%
More than 10000! 3 vote(s) 9.4%
I don't have any screenshots. 1 vote(s) 3.1%
Other (please leave a comment below!) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hi gang!

While sorting out several screenshots for an upcoming post today it suddenly hit me what an amazing feature this actually is! The best things are often those which you take for granted and only when you stop to think about it do you realize just how well it was made.

I mean: see something fun? Press F2 and it'll be recored for eternity. Press F1 to remove the status bars, press F5 to make a selfie and you can even zoom in if you want to.

So care to share your very first screenshot?

How do I find my screenshots?
    • Open a file manager (for example click on "Computer" or "Network").
    • Enter this in the bar above: %appdata%\.minecraft\screenshots.
    • Now find the first entry.
    And a second question (for the poll): How many screenshots do you have in total (press control-a and check the amount at the bottom)? Be careful when you have them all selected! Don't do something silly like pressing delete (unless you really want 'm all gone of course).

I'm at 1782 screenshots in total :)

So my very first screenshot:

Filename: 2014-03-10_07.38.57.png

I made this while I was a few hours into playing on the very first server I discovered. I had just made a small house and got myself some stuff when I noticed it got dark and figured it might be best to head back.

Looking back I now also noticed that I was pretty hungry but I really don't remember much about that. At this time I was still very n00bish so I wouldn't even be surprised if I only started to notice this when it was too late :)

Care to share?
    CDJS, 607, TomvanWijnen and 1 other person like this.
  2. I would, if I had it, I have erased the MC folder a couple of times and switch computers, but this is the earliest one I have in the current computer I am using.

607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  3. The first screenshot I have on this PC is this one over here:

I don't exactly remember how old it is, but I do know it was made on EMC Utopia, back in the time I was a gold supporter. the first mc screenshots have been lost: They were made on my old laptop which stopped working entirely.
    TomvanWijnen and Gawadrolt like this.
  4. This is one of my first screenshots from when I did a huge expedition in the wilds a long time ago.

5. I deleted my first folder of screenshots as it was near 6gbs... Here is a screenshot that got saved on another folder, this was taken just after my first waste reset.
  6. This was on the 15th of Jan 2016 xD

7. How am I not surprised it's at the pvp arena and a accuser lol
  8. Yup, just because I could click fast xD
    NuclearBobomb, 607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  9. If I had my old computer still I would've had thousands of screenshots, but I'll just share my oldest screenshot from this computer
  10. Imgur app is useless for getting bb codes. This is the oldest imgur screenshot I have. There might be older ones on my laptop.

11. My first screenshot is probably from December 30th, 2010; the first time I played Minecraft at my house, or from a few days later. Unfortunately, those files have been lost, I think.

Because I've played Minecraft on so many computers over the years (5...), and didn't yet realise I might want to save those old files, old screenshots are hard to find, and I assume many will have been deleted, but many might actually still be buried somewhere after all these years. I should try to find out some time. :)

I can try looking for the oldest screenshot on my computer, but that one will only be from April 2014 or later, as that's when I built my current main computer. :) Will have to look for that later though, as I'm currently having dinner. :p

lol, pretty much any time I pvp'd (ages ago) I got accused of that too. :p
    607 likes this.
  12. My oldest surviving screenshot is from 2014 of December 25th

Back in the old days of finding a place to build a faction on a faction server I used to play. I had older screenshots, but my storage unit fried overnight and lost all my screenshots from 2013
  13. I think I did actually take a back-up of my very first screenshot folder. Not of the second one, but that doesn't matter now.

Half an hour later: yes, got it. :p

It's not that old... April 19th, 2012. I guess it took me a while to figure out how to take screenshots. ;) (which is logical... I mean, F2 isn't usually used for that)
    Jay2a likes this.
  14. Ah, found the first screenshot on this computer; 7 May 2014. :) Quite similar to Jelle's. :p Look how nicely aligned the users box is to the planks. :D

Jelle68 and 607 like this.
  15. Well this is the first one I can find on this computer...

fantastic right?
    I'll have a dig on my old PC tomorrow

16. Gee, wonder what server this is on
    Can we just take a moment to appreciate this?
  17. I am, thank you, that's awesome. :p
    607 and MerRhyAndBright like this.

18. First one I have on this PC from October 2016.
    Edit: This was from a Midnight Miners I think.
    Another edit: I'm pretty sure if I dig around I can find some from 2013-14
    3rd Edit: Running a search on This PC for folders named "screenshots"... so far have 25 results...
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.

19. This one is the oldest on my current pc, you can probably find my first screenshot in another thread on the forums lol.
  20. What gets me is Sarrux SIGHING because they have a class to teach lol
    AncientTower and 607 like this.