Bye EMC - Going to be way Less Active!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by finch_rocks_1, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. People love to bandwagon against "snowflake" people who are LGBTQ. I think this thread has hit a redundancy, but this gif shouldn't be in the mix if LGBTQ isn't a factor at all.

inb4 "It's just a meme bro", there is a stigma about this political figure. If you don't recognize a correlation, you're a tad out of touch, or you're a heap in denial.

Just gonna report this thread now. Everyone's made their redundant point several times now.
  2. Criticism is not hate

criticism
    ˈkrɪtɪsɪz(ə)m/

noun
    noun: criticism; plural noun: criticism
    1. the expression of disapproval of someone or something on the basis of perceived faults or mistakes.
      "he received a lot of criticism"

synonyms: censure, reproval, condemnation, denunciation, disapproval, disparagement, opprobrium, captiousness, fault-finding, carping, cavilling; More
    2. the analysis and judgement of the merits and faults of a literary or artistic work.
      "alternative methods of criticism supported by well-developed literary theories"

synonyms: evaluation, assessment, examination, appreciation, appraisal, analysis, judgement;
  3. #EMCIsOverParty
  4. How would we consider a view positive or negative. In World War 2 Hitler thought what he was doing was positive but most of the world thought it was negative. We can't say an opinion is negative because we are opposed to it. I do agree that actions do have reactions like starting a thread with some basis on a controversial topic. Finch did say she was going to leave but she also said things that should of been worded differently.
    What has this community become? I still think it is more or less the community I fell in love with nearly four years ago. For sure of course you should treat people like you want to be treated but people do have an opinion. No one will care in a few days, we will go our own ways because life goes on.
    To me, its entertaining because I like watching debates and debating, sure I'm not amazing at it but I like to do it. Sure its sad to those who knew finch but those who might not have known finch that well might not be that sad or upset about it and want to express what they are feeling about the op. Speaking for myself I have not known someone in the same LGBTQ+ community that has left but I feel they might have gone about it much differently.
    Religious people care about religion. I'm not religious but that doesn't mean my grandparents, friends, aunt and uncles aren't they might care about religion. To these people that do care about religion they do care what a bible verse says. Sure people can love who they want no one is saying anyone can't do that. You are very wrong about people not following a religion. I know this is becoming a dated source but because it is still 2017 and most people consider evidence relevant up until 5 years later I'll use it anyway. Most people do follow a religion, religious followers are, even if the past 5 years there has been a flux I doubt they would be come a minority, a majority. I think this is enough for today...
    Aliyaxoxo likes this.
  5. No one is hating on Finch. We're simply tired of the fact of being called transphobic when we criticize her for completely irrelevant things. I'm gonna be honest here, I don't give a shit if you're transgender, straight, gay, whatever you want to be, I judge you based on your character and personality, not on any of that nonsense. That's why I and friends of mine have criticized Finch.
  6. It's not funny. I was just trying to defend innocent, misjudged people. :(

Exactly. And I know that staff are watching this thread closely, but the one I've talked to (a SS) refuses to close this thread unless the OP reports it.
  7. You have zero idea of what you're talking about.
  8. K we can all stop now we said what we said
  9. Defend your point. You said we hate on her. That's not true. Don't dodge.
  10. I'm thinking you shouldnt be talking here either. Seeing as how to telling people to "shut up" isn't very "noice" either. My 4 year old isnt allowed to say that.
  11. I wOnDeR wHiCh Ss MeMbEr ThAt WaS

(Edit: I mean I'm still pretty sure I know which staff member it was but there's like 10 of them now so I don't think I'm actually 100% sure oops)
  12. OP not gonna report the hottest thread they've probably ever made.

We all know this is the desired response.
  13. Ok you go ahead and tell me that, your 4 year old might as well cone on and join the thread too
  14. You don't need to be so rude. If you're gonna talk in a thread that might as well be a debate thread, then be mature.
  15. I have a few things to say:
    1. Once again, I am sad that finch is leaving, and wish no one ever bullied her for her differences.
    2. This thread has gone way off-topic pages ago, and turned into nothing but drama.
    3. I only want people to get along. I respect others' differences as long as they do the same.
    4. I think at this point, all we're doing by posting on this thread is feeding the trolls, and that's part of the problem. So please, calm down, and let this thread fall to the bottom or be locked.
    607 likes this.
  16. Well here's the thing it's not a debate thread, so how about be mature and not make it that way
  17. noice
  18. At this point, it very much is a debate thread.

Sure, it isn't supposed to be, but we are so divided we made it that way.
  19. You've posted the same thing verbatim several times now.
  20. I'm.. confused on what you are trying to tell me.. You say things like...
    ^^ that, and tell me to be mature
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.