Announcing the Empire Blog!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Mar 14, 2014.

1. My first thought when I clicked on the blog.

Remove the one on the sidebar or at-least make them static, not animated, like the top and bottom ones on the EMC site. It really destroys attempting to read a blog when there is a flashing and moving advert 2cm from where your eyes are focusing.

It feels like a separate part of the site too, it needs to follow the site theme. Xenforo has blogs built in and you can get addons if you don't like the ones that are with it.

Just some criticisms.
    Kephras and PandasEatRamen like this.
  2. I'd like to see a way to sign up for email alerts whenever a new post is made, personally that's how I follow blogs and I'll check them once I see the email. I don't like having to check on my own all the time. Just a preference! ;) excited for it and might apply for it.
    607 likes this.
  3. Nice! I could write some economy-related stuffs for it if you like :)
    607 and wisepsn like this.
  4. Wow! This looks great! :D
  5. aikar mentioned this earlier in the thread, but, he wishes for the blog to be separate from EMC in a sense. The theme of the blog ties into the landing pages, which is new first contact for new players. While it may link back and have some involvement with EMC, the blog is designed to be more of a landing page of its own.

Aikar also mentioned that, the theme for the blog, is responsive, where as the theme for xenforo is not.
    607 likes this.
  6. I would love a way for it to email me stuff from the blog if I subscribe to it. :)
  7. Will there be a link at the top of the main site soon? Like next to players/forums/rupees etc?
  8. I think it will be added to "Partners and Friends" but that's about it at the moment :)
    607 likes this.
  9. How do you login? Do you have to make a seperate account for this?
  10. Ok, I have a Wordpress account, but when I try to log in it just says "Invalid Username"
    I've already registered the account and confirmed it, can anyone help me?
    EDIT: forgot to mention that it works just fine when I log into Wordpress.com
  11. I like the idea :D
  12. Unlike the home page, it's not limited to news, and also includes reviews, tips, ect. focusing on both Minecraft and EMC. :)
    Cchiarell6914 likes this.
  13. Hi - the blog looks great and I'm sure it will be a good source of information...
    just one comment - would it be possible to have a link back to the forums?

607 and AlexChance like this.
  14. It says you must be logged in to comment... Where do you log in?
  15. We are using a self-hosted version of Wordpress. This means we're using the software, not the Wordpress.com platform, so your logins there won't work.

This means that currently, you can't login (only staff/contributors can).
    607 likes this.
  16. Ok, thx jack