Announcing the Empire Blog!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Mar 14, 2014.

1. I will try to get a user bridge installed, just give me some time.

I will also look at taking a new background image w/o the high FOV... and I will be adding links to/from each other this week too.
    weeh666 and Kephras like this.
  2. Confusing because Olaf wrote a comment..
  3. Yeah comment disable was separate from user registration. I turned it off after his comment before spam bots hit us.
  4. Aikar, you should add a tab on the EMC hotbar that says "Blog."

This way, it would be easier to find and access.
  5. Soon :)
  6. Where is it? :confused: I don't see it.
  7. Perhaps not a tab on the Empire Hotbar that says blog, there is already too many tabs that I do not use on there. Why not just put in the Wiki and it can have it's own page?
  8. It deserves a tab, and theres still room for 1 more tab, but I can reduce size even too if we needed more in future.

Just because you don't use them doesn't mean they should be removed, tabs on top are meant to be important parts of the site that everyone needs to be aware of.
    607, wisepsn and Faithcaster like this.
  9. This sounds awesome. :cool: I hope not only there will be news and tips and tricks, there can be sections of content that can entertain and such from the wiki team. Can't wait to see what's in store.
  10. I still do not want it :)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  11. However most of us do. :)
    SkareCboi and jrm531 like this.
  12. Well aware of the obvious :)
  13. Well you can install Greasemonkey, and write a script to remove it.
  14. What's that? Sounds interesting.
  15. This is gonna be great.

Add a sections with
    Brewing guide - list of potions that can be made and what you need to make them
    Crafting guide - yes there are 100s out there but why should they look anywhere but the emc blog for this info
    How to repair an item (remember not everyone knows what anvils are for or how to use them)
    How to enchant an item
    Mining guide - where is the best area to find iron or coal or gold or diamonds

These are questions I have been asked by players new to minecraft not just new to emc.

If we can make our blog the one stop for all your minecraft questions it might even bring more players to the server.
  16. After seeing a few requests like this on this thread, I feel like I should clarify a few things.
    The blog will be for very general Minecraft content, such as news/snapshot reviews etc.
    Content that would take the form of a "Guide" would not fit very well in the blog, and would be more at home in the relevant section of the forums, where it's always there to be easily accessed.

Also, for a crafting guide, be sure to check out Minecraftopia, one of our partnered sites.
    607 likes this.