[AMA] Ask Me Anything AMA

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by SoulPunisher, Nov 14, 2020.

1. AMA

AMA

AMA

AMA

I'm bored.
  2. stop blanking me
  3. How did you create your name? Any reference to anything?
  4. I watched Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT pretty much every weekend with my dad when I was little. We also played Budokai 3 all the time with my siblings and that game was my one of my favourite games when I was little.

Gogeta had a kai blast move called the ‘Soul Punisher’ and ten year old me thought it was a very cool, very edgy thing to call myself when I bought my Minecraft account.

It’s been ten years and I still love it lol
    MoreMoople and Fyson like this.
  5. do you love me?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. errrmmmmmm 😳😳 what kind of question is this 🤢🤢 of course not 🤮🤮🤮 I 💓 adore 💓 you 🥰🥵
  7. Do you like frogs? 🐸
  8. I love frogs! Always wanted to make a big vivarium for some tree frogs but I don’t have the room or the money atm lol
    MoreMoople, 607 and FadedMartian like this.
  9. omg bb <3
  10. how's it goin' ol' pal?
  11. I think you might be the person who's done the most AMA's, at least only counting those without a special occasion such as an anniversary.

Have you been doing anything musical lately? Or are you not into that? Would you like to be?
  12. Do you like fruit snacks?
  13. Ngl I’m probably the worst I’ve ever been. :p Hbu though?

Yeah, I just find them entertaining plus it’s a nice way to have a conversation without feeling pressure to instantly reply like I do with people I know IRL lol

I don’t really do anything musical. I can play keyboards/synths but I don’t own one anymore. I own a guitar but I can’t/don’t play it. I’d like to play the guitar but there’s too much time involved with learning it and I don’t have the time to do that, plus I get frustrated when something takes more than 30 minutes to understand and for the past year a lot of anger I usually hide under all circumstances comes spilling out of me when I get frustrated, so I try to avoid that when possible (which is also why I don’t really write anymore) :p

We don’t have those in the UK 😎 maybe I do but I’ll never know
    607 likes this.
  14. Hm... could be good to do now and then, though. Although I can't judge that from here. Sometimes it actually helps me to invest effort into something totally different from school and other responsibilities, but at other times I indeed feel greatly frustrated when, as I see it in such a moment, I can't even do THIS!
    Any other hobbies? Writing does seem like a good one, I forgot about that somehow. Indeed you used to write a lot more, or at least used to share a lot more.
  15. Still bored?
    How's the weather over there?
    Ready for next year?
  16. If a pear was stressed, would it reap desserts?
  17. My question I always ask everyone - do you have a favorite pokemon? And if so, what is it?
  18. Writing is probably dead to me for the foreseeable future. Whenever I try to write a story my thoughts are just static. I haven't written anything (fictional) in about a year. The two people I was always trying to impress with writing and who influenced me the most have both died within the last twelve months, so...

I still do a lot of reading though. I'm currently reading It Can't Happen Here by Sinclair Lewis, a book written in the 1940s about a fascist being elected as President of the United States and his use of fake news to propel himself to power; I've also just finished the Tokyo Ghoul manga and am currently working my way through the sequel, Tokyo Ghoul :re, and Donny Cates's Venom series.

I've been getting involved in aquascaping over the last six months though! Aquascaping is basically creating an underwater landscape with rocks, stones, and/or wood, and then planting aquatic plants. Plants are typically planted in one of two 'styles'...

From Wikipedia:
    I've so far experimented with the Japanese style and did a tank that kind of merges the Japanese and Dutch style together, but I'm not a huge fan of it. Hoping to do more aquariums soon. And to be honest I'd love to do it as a job - I know a few good aquascapers are able to go to people's homes and make aquariums for them in return for payment, and can go on to build fish enclosures for zoos and stuff like that. I've also never seen an aquascaper who doesn't have a YouTube channel that isn't racking up thousands of views every time they upload... I don't really want to have a legion of fish to look after though :p

I'm always bored.

Cloudy, the sun is only out between 8:30AM and 3:00PM so it's basically dark all day thanks to the clouds, and it's been constant light rain for the past two days.

If it's anything like the last half of 2019 and all of 2020 has been for me... yes. I'm ready for and am actively expecting the worst. I hope it's not though lmao

I don't know if this question actually makes sense or if it's just not registering in my head thanks to morning brain, but I feel like I'm having a stroke trying to understand it smh

Yes! In terms of regular Pokémon it's a three-way tie between Squirtle, Infernape, and Lucario. I'd be inclined to say it's definitely Infernape because I had one who was my Pokémon Platinum starter, but Lucario is super cool too. In terms of legendary Pokémon Darkrai is my emo king.
    sonicol, Milosaurus_Rex and 607 like this.
  19. Understandable. It sounds good to let it rest for a while. I do hope you can once pick it up again, without letting you get brought down by negative associations. That is indeed probably not in the foreseeable future, though... especially with how little we can foresee the future right now. :p

The aquascaping sounds great! That makes sense as a hobby for you. I'm also glad to finally see something called 'Dutch [something]' actually being of Dutch origin, as opposed to of German. :p
    I'm not sure what the point is either, but have you noticed that 'pear desserts' is a palindrome of 'stressed reap'? The full sentence is not palindromic, however, and I did some puzzling to see if I could make one that was but it doesn't seem to work out.
  20. I tried to make it completely palindromic but my laziness overcame my quest to make it so.

But in any case, the answer is yes cause desserts always taste better when you're stressed. :)