Adopt a Newbie

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by Bugmo1207, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Username: Thetrufflehunter
    Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: because im helpful and a good leader, and i actually pay attention...
    Why do you want to?: why not? i have tons of stuff to get people started, and i know how emc works REALLY well!
    Do you have basic knowledge of EMC?: ive been around since it was main.empireminecraft.com (first login: 2 hours before smp2 went up, on an alt)
    Your Time Zone: pst
    How often do you get on EMC?: 24 times a week, but super forum active, so if they cant get in touch with me ingame, theres the forums!
    How long do you typically spend on EMC?:30min-2 hours
    Are you going to help them whenever they need it?: pretty much, unless its like HALP!!!!11!!11!1!1 i fel don a hol by the wild spawn entrance and i lost my wood pick!!!111!!!1 then ill just explain how to get it back, as well as MAYBE help them....
    been on emc 300 something days. gonna go to mexico next week, so.....
  2. Username: Ethereum
    Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: Because I've been on EMC for 101 (yay special number!) days, and I've helped quite a few newbies on SMP8.
    Why do you want to?: Because I like helping newbies (gives me something to do other than making money and building stuff)
    Do you have basic knowledge of EMC?: Of course.
    Your Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
    How often do you get on EMC?: Usually every day.
    How long do you typically spend on EMC?: On weekdays, about 10-15 minutes. On weekends, 2-3 hours
    Are you going to help them whenever they need it?: Yep.
  3. I see what you did there! :p

Thank you all for your interest! You all will be added to the list.
    If you guys want to adopt a newbie quicker you can refer new players here.
    Like whenever you see someone finish the tutorial you could welcome them and then link them to this thread. Because, usually new players don't take notice of the forums till later. :)
    Ethereum and Chascarrillo like this.
  4. Ive already adopted one, not naming names, but I have.
  5. Why am I never smart enough to come up with these great ideas?!?! I love this idea and I support it 100%!
  6. Username:TheEpic5
    Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:Because I am very helpful :)

Why do you want to?:Because it sounds fun and help new people out!
    Do you have basic knowledge of EMC?:Yes
    Your Time Zone:EST
    How often do you get on EMC?:Every day

How long do you typically spend on EMC?:Due to school about 1/half hours.
    Are you going to help them whenever they need it?:Yes
  7. Username: Kman122000
    Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I have been on the Empire 250 days and counting and I would like to share my experiences and tips with someone else.
    Why do you want to?: I would like to teach someone the ropes, I have already done this with a few players.
    Do you have basic knowledge of EMC?: I have more than basic knowledge.
    Your Time Zone: Central
    How often do you get on EMC?: Every day, unless I'm somewhere where I have no wi-fi.
    How long do you typically spend on EMC?:1-3 hours, most likely 1.
    Are you going to help them whenever they need it?: I will help them anytime, anyplace, anyhow.
  8. Added you both to the list.

Also, underneath the list of adopters I've added a note; just if anyone hasn't seen it already. ;)
  9. Username: Eklektoi (Alternate of WCG_Elite)
    Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: Because I can talk to anyone, and will help out with any problems :)
    Why do you want to?: 1) It will help me improve my pride a bit, becoming more self conscious 2) to help someone else in need, to make me also feel better :)
    Do you have basic knowledge of EMC?: I am a very advanced minecraft player - played for over 3 years and have played emc for over 200 days now
    Your Time Zone: EST
    How often do you get on EMC?: Every day, unless my parents make me go to my grandparents.
    How long do you typically spend on EMC?:11-14 hours a day normally, unless if i'm gone then i spend only about 5 hours.
    Are you going to help them whenever they need it?: One thing newbies will have to learn is that they might have to be patient sometimes and that sometimes people can't always help them out ... but if i'm available and not busy - I will help out with anything they ask or need :)

10. Username: penfoldex
    Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:Because I can help teach them the ways of EMC to become a great player
    Why do you want to?: To teach and meet more players and guide them the right way.
    Do you have basic knowledge of EMC?: Of course.
    Your Time Zone: Central time
    How often do you get on EMC?: Nearly everyday
    How long do you typically spend on?: 2-4 hours usually
    Are you going to help them whenever they need it?: Absolutely. Why else would I sign up if I wasn't going to?
  11. I agree with what you said there. :) You'll be added to the list.

I'll also add you to the list.

We have a nice set of adopters here! I'm surprised. Now let's try and direct some newbies this way. :)
    penfoldex likes this.
  12. because you're not a turtle.

duh!
  13. DOUBLE Thumbs Up Like.... Awesome Job!
    :)
  14. Username: DOTD1997
    Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I'm a very knowledgable person and i know 99% of the rules (Auctions are still slightly confusing) and i can explain everythnig quite well
    Why do you want to?: I enjoy helping others despite of my natural personality.
    Do you have basic knowledge of EMC?: I have the basic requirements yes.
    Your Time Zone: Us Pacific GMT - 8:00
    How often do you get on EMC?: Everyday for 1-4 hours
    How long do you typically spend on EMC?: 1-4 hours
    Are you going to help them whenever they need it?: Yes, i would probably go as far as to let them borrow a res of mine to show them the loops.
  15. I approve of this. I normally, whenever in town, try to greet new members instantly with "Welcome to the empire!"
  16. Thanks. :D

I'll add you to the list. :)

That's awesome! Now you can say welcome and refer them to here. :p
    Anyway, could you snip out that large post? It doesn't need to be quoted fully.
  17. Username:
    Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: Because im 200 and somthing days old and i could help any one
    Why do you want to?: Because its cool to have people on EMC that know what there doing
    Do you have basic knowledge of EMC?: Yes
    Your Time Zone: Eastern
    How often do you get on EMC?: Everyday
    How long do you typically spend on EMC?:1-2 hours
    Are you going to help them whenever they need it?:FOR SURE
  18. I do as well. I think it makes all the difference on first impressions on a server. I think of JackBiggin and his experiment every time someone new logs on. You never know if they could be trying to find a good server to stay on so when someone new does log on, greet them and help them out if they need it...which most of the time they do.
    JackBiggin likes this.
  19. Username:insane_cactus
    Your Time Zone:EST
    How You Found Empire Minecraft:On Minecraft Forums
    What You Like Best So Far:RUPEES!!!
    Any Questions?:No
    topdawg657 likes this.
  20. I'll add you to the list.

Welcome to the Empire! I hope you've enjoyed EMC so far! I have assigned you to nfell2009. I will PM him to let him know. He isn't online at the moment, so if you have any questions that need answered now you can PM me or ask here. Whenever he does come online though feel free to message him and ask him anything you want to know. :)