Admin Command being opned

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wipple4, Feb 20, 2013.

?

Should admin command be open?

Yes 21 vote(s) 27.3%
No 56 vote(s) 72.7%
  1. Incorrect. When we know FOR SURE who a griefer is, they are dealt with.

The problem is we get things like this:

Hey, I have 40 people with build on my res and it was griefed. Ban the one who did it!
  2. As Aikar said, it would bring many issues, no
  3. I say no

A few weeks ago, a greifer hit smp5, damaging a few res's. If this option was inputed, a person could give perms to a greifer and not evem know it.
  4. Don't you admins have a fancy schmancy system to find out who dug up blocks?
  5. When I first seen this I thought this is an old thread then I noticed it's just another one same title same pole and probable the same person who posted it.

In case no one has said already.. Admin command will not happen on your res, we have permissions that we can give to ppl, we can also give ppl access to chests to share items etc.

For the maybe one person who would really want this! I would say this will never happen.

Admin have done a lot to create better controls of your res then most servers and the commands are much easier to learn and use.

In adition to all of this Admin have also stated similar to this in the past on other threads.
    bonzd67 likes this.
  6. Thanks for doing my job for me :p

Volt they may not burn them at the stake but I've seen Aikar blow a guy up in a bedrock sphere for hax.

I'm sure you guys take care of them IcC but I honestly would find it funny if you guys literally "burned them at the stake". Mock Salem With Trialy. Public punishment blahblah. "ON THIS END IS THE GRIEFER. ON THIS END IS A CHICKEN DUCK WHATEVER! IF THEY ARE HEAVIER THEN THEY ARE A GRIEFER!", set them on fire. Whatever.
    72Volt, oremia, TheMiniKins and 4 others like this.
  7. Let's see. Multiply about 150k by 150k by 256 by 20 by x. Where x is the total possible number of blocks that can be placed. A database would have to track the placement of each of that total number of blocks. Every tick. And you complain about lag now?
    oremia likes this.
  8. Just walking in the footsteps of the master. :)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  9. As ICC and Aikar mentioned, we get daily "griefing" reports. Exactly that. One word, "griefing." No details or information of any sort.

There is, quite literally, a zero percent chance of being griefed in town. I know it's been said, but it never hurts to flood the market. Permissions you give are your responsibility. You are all administrators and moderators of your own residences!!!! :D
    M4nic_M1ner and jkjkjk182 like this.
  10. It will sure make griefing easier
  11. Oh my gosh.This has to become something we do......please :D
  12. At the end of the tutorial could be hall of shame with heads of every permbanned player (or atleast a significant number), and a note that EMC is serious about being a player-friendly, non-grief server. :cool:
  13. That could be the punishment for not reading the guide...

If someone answers every question incorrectly (AKA making it super obvious that you didn't use the guide), then they should be forced to list every permabanned player as one of the questions...

You know you want to do it, @Aikar's HeadAikar :p
  14. We could take it further and have everything go black, they begin to fall through a void until *THUNK* they land on a chair(steps) and the only light shines down onto it. They can't see anything and are unable to move. After a few moments there is a bright blinding light and when their eyes focus, they turn out to be sitting in a giant room lined with banned player heads. Aikar and IcC stand over them, ready to rain doom down upon their pixely souls should they choose to break the rules.

>.> I'll just go back to my padded room now.
  15. hahahaha oh. ha. aha. ahahaha. XD
  16. Definitey dramatic!
  17. I put yes by accident...
  18. You don't block a tool just because it can be abused.
    You know how many people die daily in the traffic.
    Shall we stop use roads and cars? Of course not.

You ban stuff only if the dangers far outweigh the benefits.
    Like hard drugs, weapons for mass killing etc.

If admins or mods in any way try to take over responsibility from members / res owners,
    in order to "protect" them (from themselves!), they are treating them like minors and /or incapable and
    this is for a part lack of respect for them and denying their dignity.
    I hope I don't need to explain how and why this is wrong.

Several times, mods have stated that "on EMC, all players are treated equally
    irrespective of their age." Does that means we all need to be treated like
    kids in kindergarten? Really?
  19. I'm sorry but comparing a game's setup to people dying in real life is kind of a stretch. We've never allowed the admin command so it's not like we are "taking things away" like you're suggesting with cars for car accidents.

We give EVERYONE a residence to use to give out permissions as they wish, so we're not holding back anything from anyone in that respect. In this situation, the dangers highly outweigh the benefits. The only thing gained from this is giving another person permissions to give permissions to something you own, when they have their own thing to give permissions to. The negatives are lots of people not understanding the ramifications of something like this (We as staff already get way to many reports of players who get griefed due to permissions they gave out themselves..)
    jkjkjk182 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  20. The last thing would be griefers need is more help. They can grief, lock the owner out, and then take all the perms for themselves.