A proper introduction. (A B-day AMA)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Egeau, Jan 22, 2018.

?

Cookies?

COOKIES! 3 vote(s) 60.0%
Oh... It's him again... 2 vote(s) 40.0%
  1. Whello there everyone,

As none of you have probably noticed, it is my birthday today. And so, I wanted to do something special. With my 2000th day approaching as well I thought it might be time to finally introduce myself properly… The problem here is: I ain’t knowin’ what you guys wanna know ‘bout me.
    So: Drop the AMA!

(For the people who don't now what an AMA is: It stands for ask me anything. 'nuff said.)
    (To not spam the thread with m y posts: I am going to only answer once every few questions)
    (One of the few questions I amn't going to answer is my age: Just becuase I enjoy people mis-guuessing too much :p )
  2. Happy Birthday! 🥂

How did you come up with your in-game name? Does it have some sort of special meaning?
    Jelle68 likes this.
  3. Happy Birthday!!

Do you have any pets? :)
    Tuqueque and Jelle68 like this.
  4. Happy Birthday!
    What does JB:2B mean?
    607 and Jelle68 like this.
  5. Let's just start answering questions...

1, Thank you :)
    2, Yes, The "Jelle" actually comes from the old Israelian god Jahweh, which was the god of grace and forgiving. The Dutch phonetic spelling of that "Jelle" has stuck with me for a long time now, in fact, it has stuck with me since my birth. It is my actual front-name. Next to that: 68 is just a random number I put behind my front name to make it a random user name.
    So: my name actually is my front name with a number after it. I am a creative person, yes indeed.

2, Yes, I have a few hundred Silverfish (Lepisma Saccharina). I tend to cuddle them with the underside of my feet. More serious: I am allergic to basically anything that has hairs. I would love to have a cat though. (or two) (or three)

2, uhhmm... first of all, It's [JB:2B] then: The first part of it, the "JB" part, comes from a nickname people sometimes give me, you might be able to guess it: JellyBean. I want to note that the Dutch way to pronounce "Jelle" isn't even close to the English way, which mainly sounds like the content of my brain. But, even Dutch people sometimes pronounce my name like that. The bridge to "Jellebean" is easy after that. Even though it names me after something I do not like: ways to sweet in my oppinion.

The second part, you might have guessed it, 2B, is ways easyer to find the origin of. it stands for "2 build" Which makes the entire name "Jallybean to build" Wich makes sense, right?
    Then, the [:] part. that actually comes from the way one of my favourite bands spells their name: [re:jazz] I really loved how unique it looked, and wanted to do something with it. I ended up just plain copying it.
    cTJx, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  6. Judaism and Christianity are monotheistic religions, so 'God' should probably be spelled with a capital 'g'. ;) But eh, you didn't capitalise 'Israelian' either, and you did capitalise 'grace', so oh well. :p

My question: how old are your sisters? ;) (assuming you've got at least one...)
  7. Happy Birthday! Punctuation and proper capitalization are hard, eh?
    But now I ask .... what is proper capitalization when you get down to it?
    *Israelites in biblical contexts, Israelis in modern context.
    607 and Jelle68 like this.
  8. To Jelle, yes. ;)
    You should've seen him some years ago. Pretty much only Tom and I could understand him. :D
    Jelle68 likes this.
  9. I argree that grace should be spalled without a capital, and Israelian should be spelled with one (and fixed it), but "god" in this context actually doesn't need a capital, as indeed, Judaism and Christianity are monothesistic, but the religion I'm talking about isn't, I am talking about one of the very first written down religions from that area: one that was very similar to the old germanic religions of you will, Judaism is ways newer :p (maybe the old temple Judaism actually is from the same time, but that one wan't even monothesistic I beleve, so that doesn't couunt.)

My little sister is 14 years old curently. She isn't as little and cute as she used to be though, but that might be just due to her addiction of black cloths, hair, nailpolish, you name it :p

Thank youu very much. And yes, I am both dyslectic and Dutch, two things that don't help you write proper English :p (next to those two, I have a few other mental issues, but, let's just not talk about that...)

Israel is independent since 1948. The capital has been Jaruzalem for all that time, I don't know what youu're talking about :p
    or are you talking about the regeon, also known under the names Canaan, Djahy, Samaria, Yehud, Iudaea, Coele-syria, Syria Paleastina and Southhern Syria. For that: in bible context (I might be wrong here, I don't know anything about religion) the capital was Rome all the time, before that part, there wasn't really a big country there, it has famously been a part of a lot of countries, but no independent big country. For the modern part: yes, there has been (and is) some war about Jaruzalem. I have forgotten most of the information I have read about that war though, it would take me way to long to properly uunderstand everything again, so, for now, I won't :p
    Was it a joke question? Probably, I enjoyed answering it anyway :p

Well, I don't think I am making sense most of the time now either... My nonsense is just written in better English...
    607 likes this.
  10. Gasp, Jelle's asking the questions around here now. What a twist! The answer is yes, it was a joke question. Glad you enjoyed, Mr. Indiana Jones. :V
    Jelle68 likes this.
  11. Can I have a rupee? :D
    Jelle68 likes this.
  12. Sorry, but nope, you are talking about Judaism. :p Even if I wouldn't have known already, my study closely involves the Bible. :rolleyes: What we know now as the Old Testament, is called the Torah by Jews, and is the collection of writings concerning Israel their God, JHWH (Jahweh or Jehovah).
    I wouldn't mind explaining more, but this is getting off-topic, so I'll leave it here for now, or continue in a valid title. ;)

Haha, sounds typical!

Next question: have you ever worn (and do you now wear) any accessories, like watches or bracelets?
    Jelle68 likes this.
  13. Hi Jelle Congrats on your day! And I have to know.. as so many of my friends from northern Europe speak so many languages... Just how many do you speak. ? And BTW... Proper grammar in a second language should not be expected to be written to perfection... You do awesome.
    Jelle68 likes this.
  14. You're on the build team. Can you show us a screenshot of your build you are proudest of?
    Jelle68 likes this.
  15. I have got a black, simplistic watch. wich I am wearingas I type. I have got it for a few years now, and really quite like it. It is simple, doesn't have any unneeded designing features (like something that I can look up to find a photo of it) and even though I only aligen it twice a year (from summer to winter time and from winter to summer time) it hasn't been more than a minute of.

First of all Dutch: wich of course is my first langue. then, spanish is my second langue. I started learning it on the age of 10 due to things on school (mainly me being bored on it). I dropped it three years later, since I went to secondairy school and wasn't as bored anymore, and even needed some extra time. I haven't used it since and don't even remember more than a few words. (That is one of thhe most terrible English sentences I have made in a long time) Than, of course, English and Frensh. Both of them started equally, but due to reading and writing a lot more in English I quickly became better at that one, I haven't looked at Frensh for half a year now: I have got more mathsy things to do. I have also tried to learn german: wich didn't end so well. Next to that I have also been learning to read Latin and old Greek. I am still learning Latin, I dropped Greek for the same reason I dropped Frensh. I am still learning Latin though...
    If you wonder why so many: just look up the Dutch schooling system, the higher you want to go, the more langues you need to learn...

Of course, unlike many other Dutch people, I don't mind bragging a little :p

And, of course, the on-going project in my signature :p
    TuckerAmbr and 607 like this.