607's quest to beat Minecraft

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Jul 10, 2020.

?

Have you ever beaten Minecraft from spawn to Ender Dragon defeat without cheats or other players?

Yes. 16 vote(s) 80.0%
No. 4 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. Hi, it's me again!

I have never beaten Minecraft. Before I got on EMC, I always played on Peaceful, and after I got on EMC, I did not play much single player at all anymore. ;)
    It's been a while since I'd really played Minecraft anyway, because I am not really into pc gaming. But I got a Switch recently, and I decided that when 1.16 had come out I would try to beat the game! :)
    With this I mainly mean defeating the Ender Dragon, but I might also try to obtain as many achievements as possible.
    I will post here of my progress now and then. :) I have had 3 playing sessions so far, and I wanted to post after the first but I had trouble sharing the videos.

Note: this is not a speedrun. I'm just having fun playing the game, although I probably won't do much building as I'd rather do that in a Peaceful world.

Now that I was playing with monsters, of course I decided to play on Hard mode. :D

I started out near a ravine, which seemed pretty lucky to me, as I wouldn't have to go stripmining or look for caves for a while.

I thought it would be best to make a staircase down into the ravine, rather than dropping down into it.

Oops. :rolleyes:

I learnt that achievements appear rather late in the Bedrock version. I think the first mob killed was a Spider.
    I was going to look for food, though!

The berries obtained from these bushes would last me quite a while, but they yield very little saturation so it's annoying to live off them. I decided to go on until I found a bunch of animals.
    I eventually did find a lot! Only a few cows, but a lot of pigs, which would do as well. On the way back I noticed that some mobs were still babies.

I didn't kill any of these, as I thought that would be too sad. ;)

When I got back it got dark again (by this point in my second playing session), and I decided to build a house to be safe from mobs. I had chopped a lot of trees the day before, so I figured I didn't need to build it out of dirt.
    But then suddenly I died.
    It turned out I had been blown up by a Creeper. Unfortunately I forgot to save the recording, but here's a screenshot of my remains. ;)

I did finish the house, though!

When I went back into the ravine later on I saw as many as five Creepers! :eek:

I figured that even though I had the coordinates turned on, it would be nice if I could find my house just by looking around, so I decided to build a tall pole with a campfire on top of it.

I think I intended to jump into that pool of water, but that obviously wasn't going to work. xD
    When I found one more sheep, I was able to make a bed! Of course I didn't want to sleep in a dull white bed, though, so I went around the ravine's perimeter as I recalled seeing a rose bush there. And sure enough. :)

And that's where I'll leave it for now. I have some clips and screenshots from the second session left and some from the third, but I'll post those later. :) I don't know if I'll resume playing sooner or later. It might take years before I defeat the Ender Dragon. ;)
  2. You got lucky jumping off the pillar with no armor after taking damage from the campfire.
    I've beat the game many times over, and have made me a few worlds where I give myself different challenges.
    My most recent was starting a new world in 1.16 and only living in the nether. Going to the overworld only to find the endportal. What made this so hard was I only had gold and stone for armor and tools. But I did finish it in roughly 2 weeks!
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  3. I say you should Beat the overworld and get comfortable with that! I would say have fun. Don't play like you've seen all the YouTubers do it. Sometimes it's fun to play on the edge
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  4. lol You do know he is a You Tuder right?:confused::D
    BennyLikesBagels and 607 like this.
  5. Sounds good. :D But considering that 1.16 just came out I am excited to check out the Nether as well. :D

Sure, but I only have 10 Minecraft videos on my channel. :p (that's more than I expected, actually, I only remembered 3)

I'll write the second part soon! Thanks for the likes and comments. :D
    luckycordel likes this.
  6. After spending a while in the ravine, I had plenty of iron to make iron armor and tools! :D

I found a cave exposed to the surface, which I decided to explore a little of. When I came across my first Skeleton, I realised I had forgot to craft a shield. And I'm not sure if it's me or the Switch controls, but I was having trouble strafing to dodge the arrows. :p

But hey, I had full iron armor so I was fine. :) (you can see here that the achievements are royally late; the Iron Man achievement is for wearing the full suit)

Here's a short fun moment:

Apparently I was here before?? :p

I thought I was save from mobs inside, because I had placed the door so that it was open when it was closed and vice versa, if you know that trick. But apparently Zombies now don't fall for that anymore? (or it might be a difference between Bedrock and Java edition!)

Looks like the chicken did fall for it. :p

In my third playing session, I explored the entirety of the rest of the ravine.
    This included finding gold!

At all times (except the first time, when you saw me drop down by accident) during exploration of the ravine I went down using staircases, so I could get back up easily. The way down to the bottom really took a while, though, so I decided I could use one of the waterfalls to get back up. When I was down at the bottom for the first time, something strange happened. :confused:

Where did those come from?!?

I crafted a bucket and started traversing the lava lake at the bottom of the ravine. :)

Unfortunately, I did not find diamonds. I could make a nether portal anyway of course, but I would rather have diamonds first. Maybe I should try find that cave again I was in earlier! Or stripmine starting from the bottom of the ravine? What do you think? :)

Edit: I just reread this old thread and quite enjoyed it, but it felt inappropriate to bump it, especially because it's my own. Check it out if you want to read more Minecraft, though. :p This thread was a lot more story-like, and more wordy and screenshotty.
  7. I would start mining from the bottom of the ravine. Being your at the right level for diamonds and have easy access to the bottom of the ravine.
    It's always fun for me to experience how others play single player survival minecraft.
    607 likes this.
  8. I'd just strip mine for diamonds, caving for diamond is sorta useless. I would also reccomend doing some fishing until you enevatable trip to the nether. It's always good to come with sadle for the strider that why you can get across the nether easily :)
  9. Quick tip you don’t need a diamond pickaxe to make a portal just find lava and use water and place the lava then make it obsidian
  10. Lol, yup. That's the story of my life. xd
    (definitely when trying to beat the ender dragon)

I really liked your log of progress so far! Keep it up ;)
    607 likes this.
  11. I had my fourth session shortly after my previous update, and I'm finally writing about it here. :D (I had a fifth and sixth also, not sure when I'll get to that... and maybe writing this will inspire me for a seventh!)

So, last session ended at the bottom of the ravine... of course I could not find my way back up to the surface. :p

So I started staircasing up, but after some time...

That went a whole lot better than expected! :p
    On the way up, I did have a somewhat amusing encounter with a Creeper...

When I got up, I remarked that it probably had been of no use to put a campfire on top of the tower to find my house. It doesn't emit particles from far enough away...

Oh well, it was a fun incident. :p

Practising my parkour skills almost became fatal...

After dropping off my loot and probably doing some other stuff at my house, I went back down to start a stripmine at y = 11! My first find was some redstone. :)

A bit later this happened...

I thought for sure I would die! My brother explained to me that in Bedrock Edition, armor actually reduces damage taken from lava. Interesting! In this instance, I was very glad for it. :p

This was a welcome find, though, as I could now do lava lake traversal, to hopefully cover more area faster. :) I was still looking for diamonds, after all!
    I even found a bit of an underground ravine!

My inventory was a mess, though, and I decided to head back up to clean it out.

Honestly, I could've just thrown away most stuff. :p (and crafted the redstone into blocks)

Once again I could not find my way up, so staircase it was once more!

I wondered if tool combining had been implemented in Bedrock...

Yes! :D

At the end of the session I went down again, and found some more lava lakes. :)

Still no diamonds, though!

I think I could still make two full posts before playing further, so I'll make another post tomorrow, probably!
  12. When I fall in lava, I have the hardest time jumping back out. Don't know if that's a java thing or a me thing. lol:D
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and Stnywitness like this.
  13. Oh wow, is that what the console version of Minecraft is like? Some of those sounds seem to have been changed from the Java Version. Nevertheless, I give you all the more respect of doing so on the console version, as I am not coordinated in attempting to do that, haha~

I wish you the best of luck in completing Minecraft my guy! :D
  14. My fifth session started off with finding a cool cave, which I saved a video off... I don't really know why though, to be honest, it's not too interesting to watch. :p A bit later I did have a cool moment, though!

It looked a bit like a cave-in, fortunately those can't really happen in vanilla Minecraft. ;)

I found another cave system, but at this point I decided to go back, because I noticed that it was leading up. I wanted to stay low, so I could find diamonds!

... and so I did! :D

I forgot to take a screenshot of the amount, but there were four blocks of diamond ore. My fifth session was done on the road, and at this point we were almost back at our place. I spent the rest of the time mining obsidian with my newly crafted diamond pick-axe, and I actually got up to half a stack! :eek:
    My brother Folk_Rocket informed me that obsidian mining is quicker on Bedrock. :)

My sixth playing session starts with mining a staircase up to the surface once more... :p

Once up there I found a fox!

I couldn't recall what you can do with them, though, so I let it be. Can you tame them or something?

At this point I realised that because this world was only meant to beat Minecraft in, and I wasn't planning creating any big builds, for example, I really didn't need to keep all my resources. So I made a hole to litter in. ;)

Maybe I should've thrown it into a campfire instead. :p

I did have to expand my storage, and ran into a problem:

But I fixed that by moving the ceiling up one block over the chests. xD

I thought I would end the post here and do the rest of the sixth session in another post, but I think it can fit in here! I oughtn't keep you waiting until we finally go into the Nether. :D
    (turns out there are too many videos for one post, so I'll put the rest in another, but I'll simply post it right away :p)
    Nickblockmaster and luckycordel like this.
  15. So here we go! I had mined a lot of obsidian, so I could create a big portal. :D

Not particularly useful, of course, but I think it looks nice!
    I built it at a bit of a distance from my shack because I recalled that in the single player world I had in 2011 the sounds coming from the portal became maddening at some point. :p
    I did keep enough obsidian to be able to make a portal back from the nether if necessary. :)

Just before heading out, I accidentally set my house on fire. :D

Fortunately it didn't spread before I punched it out! :eek:

But now it is time... :D

So atmospheric! :eek:
    So atmospheric in fact, that I did not watch my step well...

Lol! I had no issues getting back up, fortunately.

I thought it was really cool to see Piglings fighting with Hoglins. :)

I even took a screenshot with them. ;)

And that's as far as I've played until now! I suppose that before I do more exploring of the nether, I should get my gear enchanted. :) I would need one more diamond for an enchanting table, though... and it takes me such a long time to find any! :p Maybe I can do some stripmining on my next train trip. ;)
    Nickblockmaster and luckycordel like this.
  16. To tame a fox you'll need to breed them Here's the mean part, take the baby away from it's parents and that baby will end up trusting you. Not sure if it's bone or berries to breed. Also not sure if it's the same for bedrock.
    607 likes this.
  17. So I had stripmining for more diamonds in mind for session 7... but the next time I fancied playing Minecraft (one day after making the previous post :p) I did not fancy stripmining. But I remembered I also needed leather for an enchantment table, to make the bookcases! So I went on an adventure, to hopefully find some cows... and to have fun exploring. :D

On my way I learnt that mobs spawn inside each other in Bedrock (I don't think this happens in Java edition?).

I found a big body of water!

Let's make a boat. :)
    I'm so glad boats work nowadays. :p
    This was the first time I ever explored underwater since The Ocean Update, I think... and I was stunned!!! :eek:

It's so beautiful!
    The music is amazing too!

I wanted to take some coral home with me because it looked so great, but I couldn't seem to collect it. :(

Maybe you need to use shears?

Floating sand! :cool: What a classic. :D
    But, while I was having lots of fun on my adventure, my inventory got full rather quickly, as was to be expected.

Apparently I only got 8 leather so far, though, can't make a whole lot of bookcases with that. :p

Before I went back, I did find this beautiful place!

Bunnies. :D

I also got the new hobby of salmon hunting. :D

To be continued in the next post, so I don't run into the media limits! I'll write it right now, though. :)
    luckycordel and Nickblockmaster like this.

18. This looked like a fun cave to explore, but considering that my inventory was already full, I didn't want to enter it. But having taken a screenshot of it, I could once go check it out, I guess. ;) (I do not think I will, though: there are plenty of caves throughout the world, and next time I go exploring I'll probably go another way :))

Hey, a wolf! Don't know how to tame that either, though. :p Or, wait... I do, isn't it bone meal? I see that I had bones on my hotbar. :p Oh well, it might not've been enough anyway.
    I also found another ravine!

I find it a bit strange to have snow next to lava. :p

I tried to go back a different way than I came, and I succeeded. :)
    I even found some more animals spawned inside each other. ;)

Looks like the white one wanted to go back inside the black one. :p

Here's a nice view I got. :)

At least I think the nice view is why I took the screenshot, as I don't see anything else remarkable about it. ;)

I don't remember why I took this one either. :p

I do remember why I saved this recording, though...
    almost home! Will I make it there alive? :D

I did!

And I do remember why I took this screenshot... I found it quite funny that while I had gone on a long exploration trip and found few cows, one had spawned next to my house. :p

Maybe I will be inspired to play further now, having updated the thread. ;) I am intending to beat the game! :) I will not get the achievements, though, because I learnt that you can only get them when you're connected to the internet. So I've already had several that I should've gotten, but weren't counted because I was offline.
    luckycordel and Nickblockmaster like this.
  19. Silk touch is needed for coral. Bones needed for wolf taming. When you come up for a breath it now takes longer to get your breath back. Wait for the bubbles to fully disappear before diving in again. It's interesting to watch someone else play minecraft. I like it and hope to see you beat the game!:D
    607 and Nickblockmaster like this.