607's quest to beat Minecraft

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Jul 10, 2020.

?

Have you ever beaten Minecraft from spawn to Ender Dragon defeat without cheats or other players?

Yes. 16 vote(s) 80.0%
No. 4 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. Yeah, I noticed that when watching back one of the videos. :p
    Thanks for the tips!
    And thanks for the likes (and presumably reading the posts), Nickblockmaster! :D
    Nickblockmaster and luckycordel like this.
  2. For session 8 (which was in fact played a few days after making the previous post :p), I went on a mission to get at least another diamond, to get access to enchanting!

So yeah, I went stripmining!
    I was hoping to run into a cave, to make it more interesting, but I ran into something else first. :p

This stripmine actually connected to a cave that I had found earlier, but apparently completely explored. But I thought that it might have some extra cavities close to it... just watch. :D

Hooray! Let me make safe the surroundings before grabbing them.

Oh noooo! :(
    I watched back this video many times, to find out what had gone wrong... I used to pride myself in never dying to lava while caving. :p Can I safely blame this on the console controls? I probably would have spotted the hole if I had been using the mouse, as I would have seen more different perspectives... but well, fact of the matter is that it happened. :rolleyes:

But before dying I did mine out a block, as you could see, so I hoped that some of my items would have stayed on that and not burnt in the lava. Rescue mission, go!

This was a moment where I had to dig straight down, as my items might otherwise despawn; of course I had used up some time by getting some minimal equipment together.
    I did check the video to make sure the coordinates I was digging down at were not above an entry to a lava pool though, if I recall correctly. ;)

I thought I was making too many videos for your reading comfort and decided to try to use screenshot instead where possible, but this last incident had to be captured in video. It's a shame you can't hear my thoughts, but you can probably guess them somewhat. :D

In short, the emotions experienced were, in order, hopefulness, disappointment, surprise and relief. ;)
    I love how at the end of the video I went to 'collect' the drops anyway. xD
    luckycordel likes this.
  3. I was of course quite disappointed by my losses, but it had been mostly tools that I lost. Fortunately I hadn't mined the diamonds yet!
    I decided to continue caving.
    This was an interesting sight!

I cannot recall whether I went to kill the enderman or not.

I did fight another mob, at least!

Oops. Looks like I forgot to bring torches!
    That will make it rather inconvenient to turn this into a real caving session, unfortunately...

I could get the diamonds, at least... however, I also didn't have a bucket on me. I could've made one, I suppose, but, it looks like I had decided to use gravel to create a safe platform instead. Why, I'm not sure, as it's been a while, but it's the most logical explanation that I can think of for the collection of videos and screenshots that I have got. :p However, what does confuse me, is that while mining for gravel, I found the furnace that I had used shortly before dying. How did that gravel get in front of my stripmine exit in the first place??

We also see here that I did in fact not kill the Enderman. ;)

I thought I could leave him alone, but it really seemed like he was guarding the diamonds. :p

So I removed him. :)

On the way back, I had one more interesting encounter, with this fancy-looking skeleton, that is apparently about to be attacked by a fellow undead.
    But I got home safely. :)

In session 9 I made the enchanting table! Hopefully I'll write about that some evening soon, so I can carry on playing without getting too far behind. ;) I do enjoy documenting my adventures, and I hope you enjoy following them!
    luckycordel likes this.
  4. Funny thing is, I too pride myself for not dying in lava.:rolleyes: Yesterday morning I in fact did die in lava looking for netherite. As I returned home to gather a few things, the server pop a message that said "Server is resetting in 1 minute!:eek: Oh No, No, No so I high tailed it back, hoping my stuff didn't burn. The second message popped up 30 seconds the server is resetting!:eek: I'm running as fast as I can and can see there is stuff laying there up ahead. I pick up my things with not a second to lose and get kicked off the server. Not knowing if I got everything or not. I rejoined a few minutes later, and some how I didn't lose anything!:D I was so relieved, I couldn't believe it I got it all back! My big fear was if the server reset, that all my things would despawn! Don't know if things on the ground will be there after a reset or not. Maybe someone knows and can tell me. The next time I'll test that to see if that's the case or not.

I do like seeing your adventures, keep it up thanks 607!:D
    607 likes this.
  5. Keep it up man, you're doing good!
    607 likes this.
  6. I'm pretty sure they will, although I haven't tested it. As far as I'm aware, the only things that can cause an issue are vaulting or mailing an item just before (as in less than a second before) the reset. I'm not certain, though!
    Also, thank you, and thank you Joy, too. :D
    luckycordel likes this.
  7. Besides my diamond pickaxe, the losses I underwent by dying in lava were not too big. However, there was one awkward inconvenience: I had gone looking for diamonds in order to make an enchanting table. However, for some reason I had my sugar cane on me when I went down, so I lost that. >.<
    So I had to go on another trip!

I found some pretty easily, though!

On the way back it had become night, and I had a fight with a pair of skeletons!

Having got home I grew a trench around my house—well, actually, being unequipped with a shovel I didn't bother to finish it :p—and placed the sugar cane.

I decided to do some more caving while waiting for it to grow.
    Maybe this is a sequence that would've worked better as a video as opposed to screenshots. :p

Here is another exciting video, though!

Okay, I'll admit, that was embarrassingly poor combat on my part... :p It is a lot more awkward on console than it is on pc, though. :D
    Then I got attacked by a really nasty foe.

My curiosity almost got me killed!

I bet relogging would have fixed it. I didn't try that, though!

I did find some loot, before returning home. :)

Carrot.

They haven't grown...

Oh, wait.

You can grow sugar cane with bone meal!
    In fact, it seems rather OP... while wheat and saplings etc take several bone meal to grow, now, sugar cane goes from 1 to 3 tall with a single use.
    It meant I could make my enchanting table, though!
    I haven't played my 10th session yet, so although I would like to end off this post with a picture of my enchanting spot, the last screenshot I have is of digging out a spot for it. ;)

I see that I do have 16 levels (even though I lost 25 when I died...), so I think I'll get some basic enchants on my armour and pick-axe and go back to the Nether! I do not have enough leather to make many bookcases, anyway.
    luckycordel likes this.
  8. What was that? A invisible zombie.:eek:
    607 likes this.
  9. I think it was some kind of block glitch!
    luckycordel likes this.
  10. I did make a room for my enchanting table!
    But somehow, some other entity took residence there too. :eek:

This fox stayed around in my house for a while, which I found interesting, considering they're generally shy. :p

When I was ready to go to the Nether (or thought I was... I forgot to wear gold), I wanted to make a screenshot showing my enchanted armour while also showing that I was going through the portal. This turned out to be tricky, as you can't actually open your inventory while being in the portal.
    While being occupied with this, and having my audio volume fairly low, something unexpected happened. :p

And as I was cleaning it up...

I decided to cut the session short, as I had also remembered that I wanted to take a shower that day, and it was rather late already. When I went back into my home, the fox was still there, and had apparently picked up something. :p

(he has Lapis in his mouth)
    luckycordel likes this.
  11. My 11th session however was in fact fairly long!
    I went off with the goal of finding a nether fortress.
    I thought I might as well mine some gold...

Not realising that doing that would aggravate piglins even if I was wearing gold (I had made and enchanted gold boots before going).

I thought this was a neat sight; however, I was going to see a lot more of such sights than I would've preferred.
    Something I also saw a lot of is ghasts.

The ghast was not my main issue here, though!

Yeah, I tried to make a safe place by placing a ceiling, but it wasn't wide enough... plus, on the video it seemed clear before that the enderman had targeted me, so I should've taken cautions before. :p
    Oh well! I got my stuff back.

On this screenshot you can see a falling ghast through the fire; we both hit each other, I guess. ;)

After some travel, I finally got to a different biome. However, the cavern got very narrow here, and it didn't go on.

So I decided to stripmine on!
    ... but I had forgotten about one detail about the nether, even though it is one that has been in the game for a lot longer than 1.16.

Fortunately I was at least quick enough to react to save my items from the lava!

... although it did not turn out to matter.
    Because when I went into my gallery to check the coordinates I died at and came back, the game had crashed. And when I restarted it... I hadn't died yet! xD

The game was a bit weird (you can see I went back to the world select screen suddenly, and in fact the Minecraft world had loaded in before, and then I also got sent back to the world select screen; for some time I was afraid my save had gone corrupt! D:)), but after a minute or two it stabilised.
    And I could continue playing with all my stuff. ;)

I thought this was pretty cool. :)

And I think that's enough for one post (well, two, due to the media limit :p), I'll continue later!
    luckycordel and Ethy202 like this.
  12. I've been intending to continue writing for a while, but I kept having other things to do! Here we go, finally. :) Hopefully I can still remember what was going on enough. xD I should probably try to write more quickly. Also, I haven't played in 2021 yet, because I didn't want to get too far ahead! And also because I'm kinda stuck... :p Which you may read about today, or maybe later. I'll see how far I get!

Where were we? I was exploring the Nether, hoping to make acquaintance with the new biomes, and finding a Nether fortress. So far, however, and a little bit of Warped Forest, but I had got into a dead end there. I tried strip-mining, but that didn't go too well, so I decided to try find another way.

Down here perhaps?

It was pretty difficult to make my way down. I didn't want to fall, and I was also hoping to find my way back up to the portal... but I had hope of finding some other sights when getting to the bottom of this.

Well, this is an impressive sight... although it frankly doesn't look too promising.
    In this picture, you can clearly notice that the lava texture doesn't tile too well. :p
    It had been a lonely road for me for a while, but finally, I found some company.

Maybe melee works better at this distance. :p

Deeper and deeper we go...
    Until we arrive at the bottom.

That was it, unfortunately. I think I tried moving along the edge of the ocean, but I didn't get anywhere new.
    I did find some Striders, but I am not in possession of a saddle or a carrot on a stick. And if I was, I don't think I would dare using this method of transportation anyway, to be honest. :p

It's been a while (hence why I should write earlier :p), and I don't remember for sure what was going on at this time anymore. However, from the relation between these screenshots, my hypothesis is that I towered up (not being able to find the way from whence I came down), and the Strider accompanied me up along the lava column.

When I got back up, I found some more Hoglins to hunt.
    ... or were they hunting me? :rolleyes:

I got to the portal, and went back. Next time, I would try the striproute route again!
  13. And I'll start write about next time, my 12th session, right away!

I didn't take as many videos and screenshots, this time, because I wanted to get somewhere first.
    I did have this rather interesting 'fight', though.

I love how he gave up right after hitting me once. xD

As I hinted at at the end of the last post, I had decided to try stripmining again, this time remembering to not get too close to the edge, in case of hitting upon lava pockets.
    I quickly got into another cavern though. Unfortunately, still Crimson Forest.
    I decided to use the cobblestone I had brought to continue my strip through the air, so that I could find the way back easily. This method of travel is a lot easier in Bedrock Edition than in Java, and you'll see why!

I broke my pick-axe while continuing mining on the other end, and went back to the Overworld to craft some more. Just after I returned, I got tested on whether I was keeping proper distance now! :eek:

Trial passed. :D

When I got through this lump of rock, I finally saw another biome!

Yay, a Soul Sand Valley! I wouldn't be so positive towards it for long...
    It was fun to explore, and I abandoned my straight line to do so...

But it was also dangerous, with all the Skeletons and Ghasts, and the terrain properties making it hard to run.

Ai!
    I quickly hurried back, with this in my inventory.

I decided to not take more because I would be able to pick up the items I lost.
    I wasn't able to pick them all up, though... in this video, which I saved because I almost fell, you can see one crucial item missing from my hotbar.

I lost my steaks and now had no food.

Then I got the idea: I can gather mushrooms and make mushroom stew!

... except I didn't have the planks to make the bowls.

Of course, since 1.16 one can gather wood in the Nether, which is great... but not in a Soul Sand Valley!

Help! What do I do? :p