18200 Empire Minecraft Museum!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by FDNY21, Apr 10, 2014.

1. When making a server, it gives you an option to set the max viewing distance for players. The main reason I am thinking why it's so low is to create as less amount of lag as possible since chunks do create lag.
  2. I remember one of the staff mentioning about limited chunks before. I guess that means I have to make the balcony elsewhere, thanks. :p
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  3. i was told it was 6 chunks, not sure though. A dev might know or admin.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  4. EMC's View Distance is 4 in Town and 6 in the Wilderness worlds.
    From the Empire Wiki, under "Changes From Vanilla MC".
    PenguinDJ, wisepsn and FDNY21 like this.
  5. Small-Update
    1. New dome/roof
    2. Changing of every booth to a different design (Easier to read and maintain)
    3. Banners that are hanging down from the floors will have some changes to their colour
    4. A small balcony added to the front so you can look down upon the gardens
    5. More light added to each floor
    6. Possibly some nice little features in the lobby (I will see about these, they will not be big changes)
    7. May see a whole new teleport area
    8. Hopefully changing some looks of the outside of the museum, but this will be done by myself so fingers crossed everything goes to plan
    1, 2 and 8 are complete. 2 and 5 have started, they may take a little while but it is coming along smoothly.
    3, 6 and 7 are still being planned for after 2 and 5 are complete.
  6. Hey, can you have NetherSpecter reserve a Lucky Bow for me at a price of 24,999r? I would be ever so grateful!
  7. I shall invite you to a conversation with him via forums =)
  8. Small-Update
    1. New dome/roof
    3. Banners that are hanging down from the floors will have some changes to their colour
    6. Possibly some nice little features in the lobby (I will see about these, they will not be big changes)
    8. Hopefully changing some looks of the outside of the museum, but this will be done by myself so fingers crossed everything goes to plan
    Looks like only 3, 6 and 7 to do now! Still a couple of things to do also to the player heads floor but after these changes, the Museum will be back open. Probably either later tonight or tomorrow perhaps!
    hashhog3000 and Mirr0rr like this.
  9. Yay! I can't wait to go back to derping in your fountains, and I can't wait to see the new roof. :)
    FDNY21 likes this.
  10. The fountains are still very much the same, just for you! (Although, no statues of you just yet...) The new dome looks awesome, gives the place a whole new feel when you are on the top floor too!
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  11. Good, I assume that means you're waiting for the granite. :) I look much better in granite.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  12. Indeed, some people just need to be set in stone, right? :rolleyes:
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  13. Yup. As long as it's the right type of stone. I won't settle for that cheap cobblestone material. :p
    FDNY21 likes this.
  14. Small-Update
    1. New dome/roof
    Working on 7 as we speak, 3 shall be done after which should hopefully not take too long... :p
    Oh, and this is what starts to happen when people find out the Museum will be re-opening later >_>
    2014-08-11_18.22.40.png

EDIT: Courtesy of Deadmaster98, we will be having a new item featured in the Museum! Thanks Deadmaster!
  15. Can't wait! I know the new item and I want to see it! I also wanna see the gift shop :p
    FDNY21 likes this.
  16. Dang you fendy and your cake!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  17. Finally, it looks like I am done! To celebrate, I thought, hey... GIVEAWAY TIME!

To celebrate the re-opening, I have hidden five chests in different areas of the Museum. This can include any floor, the lobby, balcony and the roof. The items are as follows:
    • 1x Stable Voucher
    • 1x Empire Assistant
    • 2x Taste The Freedom Steak
    • 1x 18200 Map Art
    Come online and start hunting at 6PM EMC Time (/time in game) which is 11PM BST for us Brits. About 40-45 minutes from now!
    So, what did I do to the Museum?
    1. New balcony added
    2. Banners have changed colors
    3. Changed every booth design
    4. Added more light to each floor
    5. Entire new teleport area
    6. Changes to pricing at the Gift Shop
    7. Added nicer home buttons to every floor
    8. Change to the outside of the Museum, it now says "FD" where the redstone lamps are (You'll see)
    9. New dome built by the glorious NetherSpecter
    10. Probably some other stuff I forgot about...
    11. Oh, and the new item on the super rare floor lent by Deadmaster98 that I will not tell you what it is! Come and have a look when you have the chance :)
    Museum opens in 40-45 minutes from this post. See you there!
    NetherSpecter and Deadmaster98 like this.
  18. Congratulations to the following:
    • mman2832 for winning the Empire Assisstant!
    • captaincraft300 for winning a Taste The Freedom steak!
    • woblerbutsy102 for winning a 18200 Map Art!
    • _RedSpectre_ for winning a Taste The Freedom steak and the Stable Voucher!
    For those wondering what I did to the Museum, here is an updated list:
    1. New balcony added
    2. Banners have changed colors
    3. Changed every booth design
    4. Added more light to each floor
    5. Entire new teleport area
    6. Changes to pricing at the Gift Shop
    7. Added nicer home buttons to every floor
    8. Change to the outside of the Museum, it now says "FD" where the redstone lamps are (You'll see)
    9. New dome built by the glorious NetherSpecter
    10. Added the Orange Krysyyjane Head, lent to the Museum by Deadmaster98!
    hashhog3000 and Deadmaster98 like this.
  19. Update #28 :)
    • Re-laid out the entire Super Rare Floor!
    • Added Tales Of Eternia book, thanks to Jayden for loaning it!
    • Adjusted prices at the Gift Shop!
    Faithcaster likes this.
  20. Update #29 :)
    • Changed positioning and variety in public facilities!
    • Added anvil machine thanks to flamingpotato42!
    hashhog3000 and Faithcaster like this.