1.8 Update is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes every water biome has potential.

Also - anything mentioned I'm creating tickets to investigate / test - so any more known changes you think we should look into, please state!

Follow 1.8 tickets status here:
    http://track.emc.gs/issues?q=#1.8

I honestly couldn't tell you. And theres no real way to change that behavior either. Mojang did the 3 minute thing to help protect player builds I think, but I think the risk of a player creation in the center of a deep ocean where a temple just happens to generate will be extremely rare, and their size isn't unreasonable, so should be very little risk of damage.
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  2. Man can't wait and Aikar your doing a good job to be honest thought this day would never come but I now stand corrected and this day is now almost here!
  3. Do you need a doctor?
  4. So will name changes be in this update or can we expect it after?
  5. They come after
  6. He is no doubt a damn good programmer and java programing is probably his day job. It is possible for him to go in and change the algorithm related to the generation of ocean monuments similar to changing it related to the spawning of mobs for instance. He would create a trigger for all chunks no one is in at a particular time and if it met certain conditions it would spawn a monument. I don't know if he would trigger it multiple times or maybe one time when there are few players on. There is no doubt that this guy is good.
  7. crystaldragon13 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. i just wanted clarification on what he said...which he gave me. so why are you quoting me?
  9. I'm sorry.
  10. The day has come.

We humans have waited for many years here on EMC. We've been teased about it, and it's turned into a running joke. Finally, our lord and savior Aikar has come to us with news of the event that we've been waiting for forever.

This is amazing! At last I can make my throne of slime blocks 'n stuff!

On a more serious point, thank you guys so much for making this update possible, Eye of Cars!
  11. Exactly, Aikar and the rest of the staff are amazing. We love you guys.
  12. the real question is, does this new development change the meaning of aikarspeak when he says soon?

13. Only time will tell.
  14. I'm new to this server. Does that mean that normally when Aikar says he will do something it takes longer than expected?
    Gawadrolt and Ultimamaxx like this.
  15. Usually, yes. :p I can't remember who first coined the phrase "Aikar Time." It might've been Max, actually. XD
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  16. Yes it was her :p

I aim to please but due to the busy life, commonly fail to meet time expectations....
  17. Life first everything else after.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  18. I aim to please but due to the busy life, commonly fail to meet time expectations....[/quote]

Truth lol xD
  19. the best choice
    kevmeup and AwesomeBuilder33 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.