1.8 Update is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awesome :)
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  2. 1.8?!
    *heavy breathing*
  3. Do you need me to call an ambulance? >.>

*sharpens pickaxe*
    *sharpens sword*
    SEA LANTERNSSSS
  4. You say next week ill say 2 weeks can't trust Aikar time lol xD
  5. 1.8?!? 1.8?!? i think im gonna--- *faints*
  6. So you are co spidering making it harder to enchant (1.7), cool.

What about repairing, repairing stops at one point in the tools life in 1.8 (correct me if I am wrong). If so, mostly all materials will be somewhat affected in the economy.

I'd type longer but I'm on mobile.
  7. Good question. Without a corresponding reset of the wastelands, whose current chunks have most likely all been loaded with 1.7 blocks, plp will wander in to the further reaches of the wild and tear it up looking for 1.8 blocks.

Looking forward to seeing how plp will use them in new town builds and incorporating them into older builds. Sweet!
  8. Would it be at all possible that you could pick a date for the launch?

There are a bunch of things that I need to do when 1.8 launches, including adding items to my shop, adding items to the EMC Market website, as well as adjusting the values of a few items. I can't add the new shop items until the launch, and I want to make sure I'm ready when it comes live.

A fixed date would be useful since I could allocate time on that day to handle everything.
    Chespinlover77 and Gawadrolt like this.
  9. If this is related to levels needed to repair, then there technically won't be a limit on EMC (unless the required enchanting level is 2,147,483,648).
    The in-game message states May 3rd-6th is expected.
  10. I guess Aikar's choice is SMP4 :cool:
    kevmeup and bloodra1n like this.
  11. Looking forward to the update, I'll be curious how 1.8 effects my cane farm sales:)
  12. Sorry if asked already (at work and sneaking a looksie) will we be upgrading to 1.8 or the lastest 1.8.X version?
  13. Do you want us to update our profiles to 1.8 or all the way to 1.8.4??

Well done...great work! Thanks to all for the hard work and long hours put into making this happen..Love ya guys!!
  14. We are updating to 1.8.4 :)
    Byeforeverthe2nd and ThaKloned like this.
  15. So many YESs!!!
  16. :eek: Interesting...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.