1.8 Update is near!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, May 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurra! Great news :D
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.

2. I HAD to....

#MrHankeyForPresident
  3. Just a simple Frontier question...If I want to find new things in the frontier like the ocean monument, will I have to search areas that have never been traveled to? Or will they spawn in already explored areas?
  4. Awesome! The wait is finally over :D Thank you for all of your hard work Aikar and the team, I'm sure you've done a great job. Lets see how the market fluctuates to this :p
  5. You have to find undiscovered areas.
  6. You will have to travel to unloaded chunks. As loaded chunks are 1.7
    Byeforeverthe2nd and ChumMiner like this.
  7. I believe, in 1.8, you can use spawn eggs to change the spawner type. I think this will be restricted.
    Please do not do this. This will only make it harder to enchant than 1.7 in my opinion. Lapis is there, making people have to mine to get enchants.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. PenguinDJ, ShelLuser and hashhog3000 like this.
  9. Remember the anvil death bug? xD

The server will be running 1.8.4, however from 1.8-1.8.4 these updates have been purely behind the scenes stuff. Clients using 1.8 can connect to a 1.8.4 server. The only difference for 1.8.4 was to prevent a way to crash servers using JSON.
  10. If this is true, it will be removed.

Any 1.8 client will work, so use whichever you feel best with ,but i've heard 1.8.3+ is recommended for fixing certain client related bugs and performance concerns.

We also will be resetting wastelands just as we always do with every major update - so this is the warning for that too (will update post detailing that later)

While I understand your desire, I can't really hold up the release based on a 3rd partys websites benefit.

It will be released when we deem its ready, and don't want to hold up users from enjoying the update for a 3rd party website.

I recommend ensuring your site can gracefully handle unknown items in logs etc, and users of your site will survive missing the new items until you can add them =P
  11. Also ocean monuments will spawn in ALL Frontier chunks, we disable the "Inhabited Time" feature of Minecraft, so all chunks are considered "never been seen".

1-3 lapis is a miniscule amount... Someone can spend 100r and have enough lapis to do 15+ enchants.

That is just not proper balance / design.

Remember Single player is not designed with giant exp farms and various other extreme scale things in mind.

Earning those 30 levels in SP involves a good bit of work for shorter term gain.
  12. have you looked at vanilla anvil changes and thought of how thats going to interface with the 39 level cap? are you changing anything there?

wait so all ocean biomes even loaded ones can spawn ocean monuments?
  13. Oh my god finally I can get Fully Automated Wheat Farms!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  14. #FreeVillagers
    #EqualRights
    #VillagersShouldOwnProperty

Sounds familiar to another time in history...
  15. Lel.
  16. I can only say this...
  17. Did you read what he stated about ocean monuments?
  18. i did, in fact i quoted what he stated in the post you are quoting. his choice of wording was confusing however.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  19. What if you had a mob farm or a base underwater in an ocean. Would a monument destroy it by generating there or will it look for un-natural blocks and choose a different place for it?
    dresden72, ThaKloned and PenguinDJ like this.
  20. I think it would look for spots that have no blocks placed/alterations done by any player.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.