[1.5.2] DO NOT UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Dec 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You can do whatever you want, However if you want to play on EMC, do not update. They arent demanding anything. Simply advising you not to.
  2. Found it!
  3. i will also upload my jar and make a post for anyone that needs it,
  4. No. No you wont. I believe that only Mojang is allowed to distribute old .jars, unless someone else has specific permission.
    mba2012 likes this.
  5. Yes, he's right, don't do that

But, people, you can still update, so long as your smart and keep your 1.4.5 jar :)

And some aspects of the update that people haven't touched on yet;

Through the use of the enchanted books, the silk touch enchantment can be applied to shears for harvesting cobwebs. (Now that I like :) Can't wait for the first cobweb auction)

Also, the new thorn enchantment for amour which deals damage to mobs when they hit you.
    (Through testing I got this in about half of level 30 enchants, so not too rare)
    And that the fire protection enchant now extinguishes fire faster.
    (both of which will be good for the mob arena :))
    mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  6. Lol I wasn't talking about the staff :)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  7. I wish that EMC would update before New Years
  8. That very well might happen.
  9. Well it's up to you, but if you do you will not be able to play on EMC servers until the bukkit team have made a stable server version, and the EMC team have worked out all the bug's that get conflicted with there own plugins.

As for demanding, the point is ppl update and don't read the info, then plague EMC staff why they can't login to EMC servers. It designed to grab ppl's attention so they read and understand.

So by all means update, just don't expect to be able to play on EMC if you do, unless you save a backup copy of this version.
    ZBSDKryten, IamSaj, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  10. Prepare for the "I updated even though there was a big red X on the home page" posts and threads.
  11. "I was gonna update until I took a big huge stop sign to the front page of the forums"

12. Spongebob?...
  13. I was planning on hoarding fireWork Resources.. Still can to make a huge display :eel:
  14. 4824139282_6e6033aff8_z.jpg
  15. reminder: you can downgrade to 1.4.5 by replacing the zip files i think ;)
  16. mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  17. Front Page of EMC -
    Do NOT Update!
    Me: NO.jpg
  18. Hi this is my first post on the website and i just wanted to add an idea i had about the update. My idea is that when the update comes out you set up a server for the newest update that has no plugins and is just a new world. And then when the main server is ready for the newest update you upgrade that and the world from the temp server becomes the new wilderness so people can keep their items they got on the server and there is a fresh new world for item gathering.
  19. I saw this far too late...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.