1.4.6 Update

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Spend them on different types of fireworks, it's better than spending all your monies on a single type of firework.
  2. i am loving the infinite use fireworks... finally i have a good reason to use dispensers and redstone again

i've setup a nice lil fireworks show on my res... gonna keep expanding it out though

edit: my firework display is down deep in my res so when i set them off they go off around ground level so when you're standing on the edge of my res they look cooler
  3. Since the update, I've seen several mobs spawning inside buildings in the wild, in what I see as an adequate light level (and I'm pretty over the top with placing torches). This is something new that's happened since the update.. I just thought it worth reporting.
  4. yeah one bug i've seen is that when i spawn home, sometimes it'll take 5 seconds or so for me to actually appear... before that it's all gray for awhile

not a big deal but i thought i'd mention it
  5. Being able to reuse the fireworks is soooooo much fun! I've already gone through a stack of gunpowder making different combinations. THIS is why I love playing on Empire!
    RainbowChin likes this.
  6. No kidding... I was running around like crazy last night trying to find paper. That could net you some profit.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  7. For those who are saying that infinite fireworks "ruined their potential fireworks business", realize that there are more possibilities for different types of fireworks (multiplied by probably in the tens of thousands if not more) than are items CURRENTLY IN Minecraft. I'm willing to bet that if you had one customer that loved fireworks and had the money to buy them all, it would be impossible for you to take the time to actually make every possible one. Having them be infinite doesn't ruin it at all, in fact it's now a SELLING POINT for your business. ;)
    RexBulby, mba2012 and 72Volt like this.
  8. This. In economic terms, by buying fireworks you're getting a near-infinite consumer surplus, or in layman's terms, incredible and unique value for money the likes of which have never been exhibited before by any items in Minecraft.
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  9. What would I use to make a 20k firework?
  10. Wither skulls.
    They are used to make the creeper head shape, that and you can also have upto 8 firework stars on each rocket.
    So potentially you could have 8 in one rocket.
    Pab10S likes this.
  11. I wanted to post my fireworks but a tree came up
  12. Indeed, I have/had about 30 stacks of sulphur just for this day, sold almost all of it in 12 hours. Just need to find a gap in the market and rush in there before someone else does. :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. That's sorta how we do it eh Alex? ;)
    AlexChance likes this.
  14. You should change something so that there is a total entity count of all your res' on that server and change something so that if you throw an item anywhere-- it doesn't have to be your residence (with the exception of wilderness and nether) then it adds to YOUR entity count. This would prevent people from throwing stuff on other people's plot until it starts killing random entities.
  15. You can old add mobs to people's reses that you have build on. Don't give build to people you don't trust. Problem solved.
  16. Web files are not matched with plugin version: All files need to be same version (1.3-1454)
    live map not working?
  17. I got that. Aikar told me to refresh my cache and it works now.
  18. what is a "cache"?
  19. What is your browser?
  20. A cache is where data, once transferred, is stored in case it is needed again. In the case of a web page, it is sometimes a problem because you can mistakenly get old data.