1.3 Bug Status Update / Development Update

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Hm. Seems like a good time to bring up my occasional random teleport glitch. So I'm riding a minecart to the LLO. I log off to get something from the microwave after getting off the minecart. I log back on, only to find that I am suffocating and near death. My minecart is gone, and I'm in a random tunnel. And ideas what is happening? (this happened frequently a while back; I don't ride minecarts anymore)
  2. one thing that i always thought might have been a culprit too ... is maybe elevation difference ... say you jump down in a hole on one res then teleport - your character then has to travel in ascending y elevation ... and you might partially get caught on the loading chunks as you teleport and they appear .... just a thought
  3. Gosh, NEVER log out in Minecarts or Boats. You likely were kicked into a nearby Cave system
    penfoldex and mba2012 like this.
  4. No, I got off the minecart. Then I logged off.
  5. :confused: Well... umm, sounds like you just are having a very weird and unfortunate luck. Next time it happens (presuming it happens again) Write down the exact coordinates and PM someone - like Aikar or I can get it to the right people
    penfoldex and mba2012 like this.
  6. This is a minecraft bug, while we could try to bandaid it, there is more important things to work on atm.

The best solution is to make your tunnels 3 high.
  7. Sorry if I skipped something in the thread but anything being worked on regarding books + shops?