1.3 Bug Status Update / Development Update

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Sep 12, 2012.

1. ok so mainly everyone has a reed glitch ok please dot post about it they know its a concern it should be for unstated bugs
    cnquast likes this.
  2. As long as we can blame MOjang on everything then I am ok with that lol.
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. I love how Mojang took a step back with bug fixes and took a step forward with more lag, and now 1.4 is coming out next month...
  4. It's like the iPhones. iPhone 4 comes out, year and a half later iPhone 5 is here.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  5. iPhone 20:
    mba2012, Dsmario64, IamSaj and 5 others like this.
  6. ok i understand the every 2 hours reboots and even the limit on animals( like the limited animals thing) but it does not appear to help any with the severe lagging issue. i've got a great gaming comp, so i know it's not on my side. cleaned out cache,cookies, ran anti-virus, etc. still no change in the lagging. can any1 let me know if this is a bug problem too?
  7. You are experiencing lag? Can you be more specific in your lag experiences... Is it only in certain areas, everywhere... This will help us help you :)
  8. Define great please? (specs)
  9. It also can depend greatly on your Video settings in Minecraft. If you have all them turned up to Far render Distance, Fancy, etc. you could easily lag if your not careful.

I have a semi-decent Laptop that if put the settings to Normal Render Distance, and dumb down the rest - I can even have 2 Minecraft windows open relatively lag-free.
  10. specs as in 6 gigs of ram memory, 3.30GHz processor, top of the line graphics card, 2 terabits harddrive. dude GREAT gaming computer. its not me that having lag issues. video setting set to normal distance, most everything else turned off. and i'm in town on smp9 and it lags in wild so yeah pretty much everywhere.
  11. hmm, that is far better than my computers Specs... but is it FPS lag or... I guess I should also ask what you consider as lag.
  12. After all of this is done, you said you were going to be adding back the colour of residence chat, but in a different font colour. If you could add some more things to that list, like my idea at http://bit.ly/Rb8NaX then that would satisfy me and alot of other people...
  13. yea color in chat not necisary but what i would like to know is if res issues are gone because as far as i know all my issues are gone. i have a rapid moving piston that hasnt gliched and my reeds are A okay signs work normal and the chest glitch only happens when i have super lag (2 fps)
  14. The recent reduction in lag should help these issues, but they are still there. Aikar is watching them actively in case they come back.
    albinopolarbear1 likes this.
  15. 20 inch monitor, 5 button mouse, 5 piece speaker system, and comfy chair.
  16. Lol:) I have a one piece speaker system....:oops:
  17. This just happened to me. Smp3. Dug a few hundred blocks in one direction, server rebooted, turned around to return the way I came and the tunnel was blocked! All the digging I did respawned and replaced the blocks I removed.

NOT happy, major inconvience.:mad:
  18. You make me very sad.

I updated us to latest Bukkit the other day which had a commit about chunk saving stuff... so I was hoping this was fixed :(
  19. I share your sadness.

I did however notice that it wasnt as severe as I originally thought, it was perhaps 25 meters long (so 50 blocks as well as some ores were replaced). But I assure you they DID respawn.
  20. Bites, hopefully nothing odd like suffocating in the walls? Running a small server with just my sister and I in it I notice sometimes we run into this so I was assuming it was Mojang's fault. We've been riding minecarts after mining out tunnels to end up with the blocks returning and us getting stuck in them suffocating. My laptop also isn't the best but it works for just a couple people.