1.3 Bug Status Update / Development Update

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Sep 12, 2012.

1. I'm making a fix for some of those problems in a plugin, I will be publishing it within the next few days. I can show you it if you want upon its release. It was ment for a server i'm a dev on, but its my plugin.
  2. I posted on this thread that it was reduced to 6 hours. But this may change if things get too laggy.

Another reason for the reboots is a Bukkit bug, not just the Piston/Furnace issue.
  3. Reed rollback happens to me aswell. On 11240 (my res) and my friend Marknaaijer' 2nd res, we have/had a 60x60 sugarcane farm but when I first builded it ALMOST everything got rolled back, so we made it again and never finished it, but sometimes when I replant reeds they disappear when I get back,
  4. There is one more thing that should be added to that list of yours Aikar. No less than 2minutes ago, I was coming back from my wild outpost on smp2 and I was crossing the vast ocean that separates my outpost from the spawn wild, and lucky me, a WILD SQUID spawned out of no where and i crashed into it and got automatically killed. The bad thing about that is that I was carrying stone bricks and they all fell to the bottom of the ocean. So I don't even know the exact coordinates and cannot retrieve my items, but passive mobs being able to kill you just because you bump into them!? Something needs to be fixed, because this is not the first time that it has happened to me.
    Thank you.
  5. Confirmed it def looks like you died to a glitch. I sent you exact coords so you can get items.

This is likely related to the bug where players take damage while jumping and running.
    But since those are very tiny MC bugs id rather not add them to the list since its not as major and theres nothing we can do about MC bugs anyways.

I listed the other 2 bugs because its something many users are complaining about so wanted to detail its not an issue on our end and we can't do anything about it.

Maybe bukkit can though :/
    onaj likes this.
  6. Thank you, I got my items back.
  7. I don't know if this is a 1.3 bug or not, but boats keep disappearing while I am in them. Also, when the boats disappear they don't drop any wood.
  8. Just my two cents. I have the rollback issue on my res to with the cane, but I find it more curious in my wild base. There is one strip/wall of cocoa beans out of 8 that keeps disapearing as well. I have came up on it twice and the actual entities were grouped on the ground. Like it just popped off using the piston method. It got me thinking that it may be seperate then the chunk rollback issue?

As for the chest glitch, I still get it, but it seems that if you watch, if the lid opens, and recloses real fast while your getting stuff out, it will glitch. If it remains open, and closes after you close the GUI it doesn't glitch. I was thinking it may be something were the game detects two rapid clicks as an error (kinda like when you place a block and two pop up)and the GUI doesn't realize it so you really are messing with a closed chest.
  9. I was waiting for somebody to stat when this was over :p

I cant wait for this to be over! All the stuff happening ATM is confusing!
  10. OMG I've been having the exact same problem on my res!! :eek::eek: I have an underground sugar cane farm too and there's one row that I can't plant anything on because the sugar cane in that row always disappears. It doesn't disappear right away--I will plant the sugar cane one day, and then logon the next day to find them all missing.

I always thought this had something to do with EMC's res teleport system. The reason I believe this is because the system seems to prevent wheat from growing in my vertical wheat farm. I have a teleport destination set at the top of my wheat tower and there is one block of soil in every field that I cannot plant wheat on (the seed just pops out as soon as I plant it). That one block of soil is directly below the teleport destination.
  11. I get something very similar in my sugar cane farm. I plant my sugar cane and come back later to see it missing. Had this on one of my other res's too.
  12. My chests keep glitching back like every second it has been going on since the update! I thought i found a way around it but didnt D:
  13. The same thing always happens to me
  14. Mosly in the wild though
  15. I'm also having this problem with my reeds.
    After each harvest, there are a few rows missing for some reason. I always replant them, and the rows that are missing next time, are usually the same rows as the previous time.

I however don't think this has anything to do with chuck rollbacks since all other stuff on my residence is not affected.

I'm also not the first person with the problem of disappearing reeds. I've heard it from a few other people as well.
  16. That same thing has happened to me. This one row of sugar can keeps disappearing every time i plant it. 8179 on smp4
  17. I have the same problem.

EDIT: It is also with sugar cane.
  18. I have been gone all day (personal reasons) but thanks for the update :)