1.3 Bug Status Update / Development Update

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Sep 12, 2012.

1. I Had the power to destoy blocks, O.e, is that a bug???
  2. so you cant destroy blocks or once you destroy them they come back
  3. I don't know if this is a bug but in the Nether there are a lot of Ghasts spawning, so if someone caouls tell me what is spawning so many becasue i am having to delay the build of my now shop untill I get some invisability potions so I can get the resorces I need.
  4. This is an issue since Aikar had to raise the mob cap. Since the limit is never reached Ghasts go crazy. :(
  5. Oh well i looks lik im waiting till 1.4 for the inisability potions then :(
  6. It started after the:
    But they're trying to fix it. Hopefully it works out soon.
  7. Oh yeh thanks I think I missed that part lol :)
  8. I think I remember Justin bringing up a custom EMC launcher for Minecraft - any news on this? :)

Definitely looking forward to all updates except the shop one! :D
    hayleycolgan and mba2012 like this.
  9. Another possible bug: Every so often, when I'm digging out large areas of dirt (with an Eff4 pick - super fast, kills all dirt in reach in 1-2 swings) I get an invisible block that I can't pass through or hit whatsoever. However, if I disconnect and reconnect, the block reappears and I can destroy it as usual. It seems to happen when there are other things going on around me (ie: another person digging). This may not be a bug, but I don't know what it is, so I figured I'd pop it on here to ask.
  10. that is a 1.3 bug, well long before 1.3 too but 1.3 made it worse.
    Scrapped last I heard due to official mod support in 1.4 and also due to the feasability of not being able to do mod installation w/o mod authors support.

Ghasts have been fixed for a while now.

There should be overall more, but if you see a 20+ swarm, try to despawn it by walking away from them slowly (ie dont sprint away, you need to be out of range, at about 80-90 blocks for about 5-10 seconds)
    Those are simple left overs from the incident.
    KarlisKrazy likes this.
  11. Oh, shame. :/
  12. By the way, Aikar, I was moving a bunch of items around a lot last night - and the chest bug was very frequent. I did not 'lose' anything to my knoweledge; but it just made the job take longer than it should have...
  13. Wait what shop update i havent read that in the thread what is it. Oh yea i heard the pvp update i think it should be in an arena like the dragon tombs arena. Then should be a prize of 100r per player you had to faace or something.
  14. The
    pvp arena is still fairly far off - lets get some of this stuff out of the way first ;)
  15. You sir must be new here if you haven't heard of "The Great Empire Shop-Gate" in which all the shop owners on EMC broke out the torches and pitchforks and went after Aikar and IcC over a new shop idea:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/feature-discussion-empire-shop-management-system.11124/

There have been new ideas added to appease the masses:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/feature-discussion-empire-shop-update-v2.11757/
  16. 1st im not new i i just didnt come during the summer 2nd that update would put the MCDS (no not mcdonalds) out of business
  17. One small business wont stop progress for the whole Empire. You are going to have to either adapt the business, or let the business die.
    JackBiggin likes this.
  18. Please don't take me as being rude but could you PLEASE click Reply (bottom right corner of a post) to quote the post you're talking to? Had I not known you were refering to me I'd have been lost like on a few of your posts.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  19. Not sure if this is the right place to add this or if it's been brought up before ... one thing i've noticed ... is when i'm on someone else's residence (or mine) ... and then type /v and go to another residence ... i am for a few seconds (or longer sometimes) underneath or can see under someones residence .... idk if you're working on this or if it can be fixed - but just wanted you guys to know this was occuring :D
  20. It has to do with how the chunks are loaded. I don't know that there is anything that can be done...