Many Updates / EULA Compliance Update - 8/21/14

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 21, 2014.

1. You may also use smp1.emc.gs to be even shorter.

I will up the cap back up tonight (at work atm so I can't) then we also need to look into modifying bungeecord to simply send you to a different server if its full, until the queue is in place.

Queue will be a next high priority item.
    607, SkareCboi and BevK56 like this.
  2. Main issue is that we could disable TNT in the wild, but then that impacts people who play solely in the wild, and would have to block supporters too....

Maybe prevent new players from using it? that could work.

We can make some quick small changes and it should prevent abuse. Remember a pickaxe still works just as good as TNT for griefing.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  3. Meens ı dont have to use pıckaxes ı can just tnt mıne =D but ı must agree a tad rısky
  4. I know your focus is on adding, not removing features, but this is one case where taking is going to cause fewer issues than giving.

Depends on how you define 'new' players. 30 days? 90? A year?
    Most jobs have 90-day restrictions on benefits and such, that or higher might at least be reasonable even if I still hate the idea.

No... just... no. C'mon. You're smarter than that. You know better.
    battmeghs and Olaf_C like this.
  5. I disagree with that. Efficiency 5 Pickaxe can cause just as much damage in a short time as tnt. Time it takes to place then ignite tnt, how many blocks could be grabbed up? Maybe a different pattern - but just as destructive
    M4nic_M1ner, battmeghs and jkjkjk182 like this.
  6. I don't disagree that Eff 5 can do some damage, but it's about intent.
    If someone wants to tear holes in your walls and take your stuff, a pick is the better option. It's deliberate - you don't break blocks unless you mean to.
    For widespread destruction though?

This kind of damage is not so easily repaired.
  7. Maybe a single block of TNT, but not a stack of it!
    607 likes this.
  8. Perhaps we should all take a vote on whether or not to remove TNT as a usable block, even for supporters. I mean, how many supporters use it anyway?
  9. Well it would only need to be done in the Wild not town.

We could look at another idea: no chain reactions in wild? Allow only single tnt explosions.

90 day min to use it is also reasonable.
  10. Agreed, the restriction would only need to be placed on the wild. And I think no chain reactions combined with a 90 day min on the server would be very reasonable.
    battmeghs, SkareCboi and Lukas3226 like this.
  11. While it is a possibility to remove the tnt block, I would like it to stay. I use it in my iron and gold farms, which after the 1.8 patch, it will be the most effective way to continue them without physically killing each mob.

I would say that regardless of donator status, we place a probation on tnt use. More of a running timer on play, rather than just a 1st login timer. Then you know the person has been around the server long enough to hopefully understand the community.

As someone who has spent more time in the wild and waste than in town, I would love some protections out here. But until then, I will defend my bases with the best of my ability.

On a more personal and slightly greedy note, I would love to be able to use a dispenser with tnt.

I now return you to the outer limits.
    fishmeal and M4nic_M1ner like this.
  12. So will they kick a regular and join?
  13. Don't you dare take my message signs.

I will end you. With fire.
    Kind of a joke, but pay a visit to my bookstore sometime. They're rather critical to the way I've set up my shop there.
    Lukas3226 likes this.
  14. no, they just join
  15. No, supporters logging in will not kick regular players. XX supporters can join but only 5 regular players can join.
    607 likes this.
  16. No, never has nor will kick someone who is not afk. It just allows the cap to be broken.

So if its 10/5 free has to wait until 6 leave.

But the queue system will change that to make it reliable to get on when full, just delayed, with a first come first serve
  17. Just give it some time and you won't even have the 5 supporters on Utopia, because we get kicked after just 10 min AFK, so Utopia will be much less used by supporters :/

Also our wild builds will be griefed soon, thanks to the EULA...
    battmeghs likes this.
  18. I posted this earlier in the thread but I'll post it again. Unless Aikar changed his mind(Aikar let me know if this is wrong and I'll take it out) :
    battmeghs likes this.
  19. don't worry bout the tech details :) We already have extensive logs now on griefing done without worry of lag.
    krysyyjane9191 and 607 like this.
  20. If I have say a container object or redstone object that is able to be interacted with by right clicking - is that logged too? (like when someone opens a container or interacts with something?) or only logged when something is broken?