Many Updates / EULA Compliance Update - 8/21/14

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 21, 2014.

1. If I run out of money to pay for supporter I won't be able to access my Cathedral res very much then :(

Other than that the rest of the changes are great!
  2. Oh grand, TNT for everyone means I can do Nuclear Bomb tests!

:p
    golddigger221 likes this.
  3. I'm not a fan of TNT use in the wild. To be honest, I wouldn't care how many people are inconvenienced because in my opinion, the risk for griefing is just too high.
  4. I would love it if veteran players only(365 days +)got TNT.
    sambish20, cadgamer101 and SkareCboi like this.
  5. Cheers to that. Seeing it restricted to Town Only would be good enough, but free-for-all TNT in the wild scares the living **** out of me. I realize the EULA means leveling the playing field but this is one decision I just cannot under any circumstance support.

What the hell, Aikar?
  6. Looking good :)
  7. This update looks pretty great in my opinion! I do have a res on utopia, but in all honesty I can't say it's that active and I don't have any need to move it yet, so I guess the max limit of non supporters on utopia doesn't bother me :p I think the player switching server messages are are a really good idea and will help new players settle a lot quicker ^_^ I'm also very glad to see you managed to resolve the fishing in PvP XD
  8. So the main points that I've seen people say in the comments so far:

1. TNT shouldn't be allowed in the Wild. The risk of griefing is just too high and many people fear it.

2. The limited slots on Utopia is 50/50. It gives supporters something to still want to support for, but people that can't afford supporter who had a build on Utopia might not be able to access it anymore.

Just thought I would state the 2 obvious points that I've seen :)
    Wanderton, tedrocker and battmeghs like this.
  9. sambish20 and Ark_Warrior1 like this.
  10. Couple things that I think are needed for this update to be amazing!
    1. Fly Flag-it is a must if we are going to have everybody flying.
    2. A seperate world for free players. Waste or Wild, as long as the utopia wild atm isn't accessed by free players. Reasoning? The utopia wild has so many public and private builds on it, whether it be allengero's iron farm, spider farm, skeleton farm or snow farm, or any of the other buildings and farms, they will be griefed to hell if regular players (free) gain access to it.
    Wanderton and battmeghs like this.
  11. also, is it a bug where only 5 people can be on utopia at a time? I cannot log in on Ark_Warrior1 because all the free slots are full.
  12. Nope. The slots are limited to 5 and you have to support to gain access :)
  13. thats ridiculous. I guess i can say good bye to my utopia reses then.
    HeIusion and wkramer79 like this.
  14. The detonation of tnt is tracked, right?
    Also, I thought there was a queue for utopia? It isn't so that you can't login at all as a regular member when there are five players on, right?
  15. yep, you can't log in if there are 5 regular or supporter players.
  16. Now I can't connect to Utopia to get on my res. Wat do? ;w;
    tedrocker likes this.
  17. What if paying members/staff don't count towards the player cap?
    golddigger221 likes this.
  18. i like the updates, but the utopia issue is pretty bad ;-; maybe log off afk people on utopia so that theres free space?
  19. but that is what utopia is used for :p
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  20. So, what more needs to be done to be EULA compliant, I mean I've been seeing these updated for a while now, how much more could be 'wrong'?