Many Updates / EULA Compliance Update - 8/21/14

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 21, 2014.

1. No, what makes you think that o.o? Residence only gets deleted if you go derelict without protection
  2. It is back 60 for now. Going to try to finish queue first
    Wanderton likes this.
  3. Thanks,I have to build for someone...
  4. wait so my other reses will be deleted? And I paid 300k for a blue name?!? :(
  5. Please read Aikar's response:
    Wanderton, 607 and cadgamer101 like this.
  6. So, if I am a free player on Utopia, I can stay and do whatever, until a Supporter needs to come on? Then I might be kicked off, until the queue lets me back on. I think I know the answer just making sure.
  7. No. Once you're online, you'll stay online, unless you disconnect or idle for too long.
    Wanderton, BevK56 and 607 like this.
  8. I've had supporter, and I might get it again soon for reasons. I'll help ya. IF! I can keep 1 DC.
  9. This can be very, very good, or very, very bad depending on the situation.
    607 likes this.
  10. I've added some clarity points to the OP about upcoming changes - Anything I miss or anyone still has confusion on?
  11. No. Those supporters will have a max of 2 unless they use use a max increase voucher. Past diamond supporters could end up with 4/2. Which they can keep those extra residences unless they unclaim or go derelict.
  12. Hmm. I still don't agree with the player cap on Utopia being 5. I realize that you all (Staff) don't want regular players flooding to Utopia because of the bonuses, but can they do anything? They can't claim a residence on Utopia correct? Or is that changing too? All they can do is look at people's residences and go to wild correct? If Utopia is going to be open to all players completely, then the max players should be A LOT more than 5...5 is more of an average of people that are on Utopia right now (recently). So, when the updates come out, shouldn't it make sense to have the player cap be closer to 15?
  13. I thought the voting bonus would give you a max increase voucher.
    cadgamer101 and chickeneer like this.
  14. Any chance that gravel will be added to the list of blocks destroyed by tnt?
    cadgamer101 and 607 like this.
  15. Doh, sorry I forgot that, will add soon.

I am going to leave the cap alone until we implement the login queue.

Once the "queue" is in place, free players won't have to deal with the queue if under 5, but if 5+, they will 'wait', and as soon as someone disconnects they can then join immediately (first come first serve in order of waiting), then there would be a 'max wait' time of say 5-10 minutes.

So, if noone ever disconnected, and the server isn't at a "hard cap" (maybe 15 for that), they WILL be able to join.

Then there is simply that incentive to become a supporter to not have to deal with the cap.

Utopia will still be designed for supporters, but we will make it so free players has access to the bare minimum needed to be EULA compliant.
    pat2011 and porphos like this.
  16. Alright. I have another idea in mind. Lets say there are 5 people on and they are all being active. How about if someone has waited in a queue for 5 minutes, they get to go on the server even though the cap is 5. Would that be good? Or was that what you said and I just misinterpreted? :)
    607 likes this.
  17. I am pretty sure that is what he said :p
    607 likes this.
  18. Yes that is what my post said :) That is the plan
    607 and BevK56 like this.
  19. Oh ok :D *whew
    607 likes this.