Your 'life's biggest questions' thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Apr 30, 2016.

1. After you die its like before being born
  2. WAT
  3. Ok, so if they have how did they do it considering the whole speed of light thing and the distance they would have been coming from?
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  4. Do we know when we fly? Do we go when we die?
    Hard to know for sure. Before the 19th century we humans hadn't made enough impact on earth/surroundings to be easily traceable by an alien intelligent species, and after that I believe any contact would've been very well documented, so I guess not.

Also, if we consider earth-like environmental conditions to be necessary for the development of life (we don't know if they are, our sample size is just 1 :confused:), then it's even more unlikely. Earth is among the first planets of it's kind in the universe, and as such we are probably among the first (and more technologically advanced) species of alien life to ever exist.
  5. We find new things everyday by pushing our senses' limits. So many new discoveries more crazy than the other. How far can that go... Can Anything be not real? I mean, what isn't real is what we believe isn't, truly, we can't be certain that anything we can think of isn't real. so to rephrase my life question:

If we can think and believe anything, can anything be not real?
  6. My biggest question can be summed up in 7 words. When can I eat some more food?
  7. What makes sour patch kids so magical?
    Wither_Addict likes this.
  8. That's very good question but, by deffinition, impossible to be answered. Just like in creationism or last thursdayism, all evidence that goes against this theory of "nothing's real" can be added into the theory itself, making it impossible to be refuted. As Karl Popper said, if something cannot be disproven then it is not science.
    We could be living inside a giant "The Sims" game running on some alien computer right now, but we'd never be able to prove it because the game itself wouldn't have the means to encoded in it. Really mindblowing.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  9. Stuff. Yum Sour Patch Kids.
  10. Faster than light travel or maybe generation ships - I'm not an alien so I wouldn't know for sure :p

One thing to consider is the chances of life on a planet are exceedingly low. When a planet is ripe for supporting Earth life (other life may not need these conditions found here) that period is usually short - just look at Mars. It used to be just like Earth, now its a barren wasteland because its atmosphere wasn't 'clinging' to the planet's core due to it not being magnetised. We may also just be a fast-developing species (which, when compared to other animals throughout Earth's history, we kind of are. The dinosaurs were around for 165 million years, we've only been here for 7 million and look what we've done) to others in the universe and are the first to properly do this kind of thing.

Also, this pretty much confirms to me that we're not alone and there is at least one other civilisation out there. I mean, it's probably not some alien race trying to contact us, but I can dream, right?
  11. God_Of_Gods likes this.
  12. Birosquinha likes this.
  13. I didn't read anything on this post but the words What's Life's Biggest Questions?

Life Biggest question: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
  14. Life's biggest question: What the hell is a tootsie pop?

EDIT: Googled. That's pretty gross.
  15. Since this post came up a lot of crazy questions have entered my mind, like:
    Why does Hawaiian pizza also contain Canadian bacon?
    Is there any difference between partly cloudy and partly sunny?
    Grape Nuts cereal. No grapes – no nuts. Huh?
    Whose idea was it to make the word ‘abbreviation’ so long?
    Why can't we tickle ourselves?
    Help me. I can't sleep or eat. Tell me the answers, please!

16. That's because Chinese fortune cookies were invented by an American........... So Canadian Bacon was invented most likely by a Russian then.. anyway, names are names, everyone's crazy anyway!

partly cloudy and partly sunny is like 40% or 60% chance of rain. They just will never say 50/50% otherwise it means that they don't have a clue of what's happening!

that's the beauty of it. Abbreviation's abbreviation is ab. short and sweet. it's like a reinforcing element on itself. XD

That's a funny question that I found the answer without asking it the other day: Tickle is a derivation of the prime emotion of fear. Go figure! You don't fear yourself *normally, please no comments :p* so you can't tickle yourself.

I've just put that to the test: I can tickle myself, but not in the same tickling fashion as normal. I can tickle the palm of my hand, but nothing else..
    God_Of_Gods likes this.
  17. If we both looked at the same purple object we would both recognize the object as being purple (it's the same wavelength of light for both of us) but would it really look like the same color if we could see the images interpreted by the two different brains?
    Birosquinha likes this.
  18. This is a video thats pretty relevant to what youre asking about. It was really interesting to me...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=evQsOFQju08
    Birosquinha and MissFable like this.
  19. you mean cogito ergo sum
  20. Every single heartbeat is something new And now that I'm immortal, what will I do?
    So in other words wat would you do if you where immortal.