Your 'life's biggest questions' thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by synth_apparition, Apr 30, 2016.

• Hawaiian Pizza was invented in Canada. 'Canadian bacon' is also not 'Canadian' - pretty much nobody but Americans eat those disgusting bacon strips.
    • Come to think of it, no.
    • I have no idea what Grape Nuts are, so...
    • Some dude.
    • Lick the roof of your mouth. That tingling thing you feel afterwards is you tickling yourself. As for why we can tickle anywhere else, no idea.

Nope. We're all colourblind - some more than others.
    Find a way to kill myself. Living forever is boring and it would drive you insane. I'd like to live for a few centuries, maybe, but not forever. I'd probably end up throwing myself into the event horizon of a black hole so I could freeze myself in it and watch the universe die over and over again for all eternity - preferable alternative to floating around space when all the planets are gone.
  1. How is a lollipop with chocolate candy in the center gross? I hope you googled the right thing.
  2. And how is delicious smoked pieces of swine flesh that tastes do good on pizza disgusting? Soulpunisher do you know what canadian bacon is? Also, do I need to capitalize the canadian in canadian bacon? It's not referring to the country it's refering to a type of bacon.
    TuckerAmbr likes this.
  3. Because it's a lollipop with chocolate in it. Those two things do not go together. .__.
    I like bacon on pizza, just not the smoky strip thingies. I like back bacon (which is what its called in the UK, its country of origin, as well as Canada :p) - which is what 'canadian bacon' is. And I dunno, probably not, I just capitalise it out of habit.
  4. I have a video for that too :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QScVVDwxSWA
    I once tested this with some friends on my lab. We made a picture on a computer with the complete spectrum of colors and shades, and each of us reported where we thought the transition between the colors was. The difference was pretty big, and one girl in specific was completely off when compared to the rest of us. She would clearly see blue where everyone else had agreed on green and so on. Summing up, individual differences do exist and are pretty common.
  5. I think he means -sorta- what happens after we die? Kinda... do we turn into a ghost... or go to heaven ect. I'd quite like to know the answer to this also xD
    Sansville likes this.
  6. Ya me too.
  7. Is destiny a thing or is it kind of 'make it up as you go along'?

I don't know if it makes any sense. I've been thinking these past few days about stuff - could some things be avoided, or is your life just set in stone? Is it a case of 'what happens, happens. You can't change that.'? I used to think it would make it up as you go along, that 'destiny' wasn't a thing, but now I lean more towards the 'stuff happens for a reason, you can't change what the future holds at all. You'll die at a certain time, on a certain day, in a certain year, and there's nothing that will have changed that time, that year, that day.'

I also never used to believe in 'what can go wrong, will go wrong'. But 'something' (I say something because I want to stop sounding like I keep going on about it or whatever) happened to me recently: I met someone, I evaluated what could go wrong and debated if I could avoid that, I decided I could - 2 months later, the whole thing collapsed. I'd say they're out of my life, but I think of them everyday and look at our conversations and pictures we've sent to eachother everyday and wonder if we could ever be like that again. The problem lied in their mental state (or at least what they told me, I don't know if they got feelings for me or whatever and wanted to not have those or something), so probably not. I thought of what could go wrong, and the exact thing happened - maybe not in the way I thought it would (that the problem would lie in me), but it did. I also thought that it could depress the hell out of me - and while I don't show it in real life or much in conversation ("I don't care anyway", "I'll move on", "I'm already over it", "She wasn't important") - it does. I care, I haven't moved on and judging from 'last time' it's going to be awhile, I'm not over it, and she was important to me - plus, everybody is important, I'll die before I don't believe that.

/endwhatthiswas